It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 131  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:24 am 

I'm wondering if we can calculate what Cavcon 4 would be based on the old MORE plans? (I'm guessing they'd have wanted to get a little more than just breaking even with this project)

What did Rand say they were expected to charge people? Take that and apply some arbitrary number of "expected users" based on what Cyan and Rand expected?

Whatever number we get could be used as a potential "marker" for how much would need to be donated to reach Cavcon 4 or at least Cavcon 3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

RAWA wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:
The really the big number missing is concurrency.

This was one of the stats we discussed, but since I have to rely on others (mainly Chogon) to get me the stats each week, I don't want to keep pestering him for more and different kinds of data (e.g. volunteering him for more work when he already has enough to do). So more stats might be added at some point, but I make no promises. :)

I came across the following concurrency plots for Second Life, which I thought I'd share for basis of comparison (and perhaps motivation):

http://dwellonit.taterunino.net/sl-stat ... ing/#slucb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hey, I'm new to Uru live, but have played URU alot (I bought the game a week after the first installment of URU live went down )
Now first of all, I haven't played URU since a year, or so, ago(Especially not the d'ni part) So don't expect me to know obvious stuff .

Now I would like to know where to go in uru live, it seems like there is not alot of people on whenever i log in, i have only met 4 people so far :/ Is there some place you guys meet up? I heard talk about a public version of the library, how do i go to public cavern instead of my neighborhood ? oh and which of the houses is the library again?

I feel like I'm missing something when you say there are over 20k registered users in MO:ULa :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Public Locations can be reached through the nexus, a book in the center of the room of books in your neighborhood. You will need your KI first though.

The Guild of Greeters Bevin always has a lot of people in it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:22 pm 

Hmm... another downward week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks :), right after i posted i found GoG Bevin by accident :D People were very helpful, so i think i got it now :) Anyone know where the bridge page is exactly? I know it's in cleft, but where? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler] it's near Zandi, in the fire pit about 10 or 15 feet in front of him. [/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:16 pm 

Marcus Wheeler wrote:
Hmm... another downward week.

I too am very surprised that the logins went down, given the number of In Cavern events hosted this week... :-/
However, it's also true that at the moment there's not much to do after one completes the Ages, apart from hanging around or helping newcomers.

Simone - KI#1001138
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Perhaps there needs to be a database of public user created KI missions. It makes extra user-based content easy to access, and keeps you busy between updates.

Maybe there could be a sticky thread for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, a downward turn of logins could mean a couple of things, less crashes, for one..

But, it could also mean a number of people who signed up "just to try it, its a free mmo, after all.." tried it, hated it, after all, Uru is not a typcial mmo, and that's fine, some people don't like the kind of game Uru is.

Some people may've tried it, liked it, completely exhausted the content available, read the setting expectations thread, left.

Some people may've liked it, many years ago, re-signed up for Uru Live, knew they liked it... Saw nothing happening, saw glaring issues like the missing sharper book text, saw that their offline game has much more content, went "stuff this".

Some people may've liked it, again, long ago, stuck around for two years waiting for this, and got highly disappointed. I'm in this category, I donate every month, though, even donating more than i'd even consider paying for an mmo subscription...

I stick around, hoping for the mythical CAVCON 5, or fan ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Why were you disappointed? Cyan has made publicly known their intentions and everybody knew they had no money for new content. Fan ages are planned by Cyan from what I read, but I think it's going to be a long time before we see them. A lot of testing involved and all that...

About the number of logins, I would attribute that on "nothing to do after finishing the Ages." While I come back to talk, help, etc, some people might be in it just for the story and the Ages. Or they just didn't like that Uru, while marketed as a MYST game, is not very MYST-like :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Might it be the meter registers less folks logging in because they are able to get in the first time they try? There's less in this forum about problems logging in. I think the issues are getting solved, and people log in once and do their thing in cavern...rather than trying over and over to make it happen. Just sayin'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:12 am 

Oh, I am so glad to have read this topic!

I decided that once I could log on, I would make monthly donations to MOULa so that Level 4 can be steadied and hopefully we'll reach Level 5 so we cavers can get all the goodies we so desire. I have dropped other game monthly fees and will give that amount to MOULa.

Thanks, RAWA, for the update. Glad to know so many folks have signed up and look for those Level 5 donations and memberships reaching over 20K+!

You imitate the best. . .
the rest you memorize . . . .

Post subject: Facebook
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:53 pm 

Yesterday I have met a new neighbor and he told me something interesting.
He learned that URU was live from a facebook advertisement!
Did anybody know about that?
That means that CYAN is working in every aspect of the game.
Or maybe someone has a different view about it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:15 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Mod Note: Some posts here, while meaningful in themselves, were digressing way off-topic, so I've split them out to a new topic - Sustaining Uru in the Open Source section.

Let's keep this thread about the CAVCON Meter :wink:

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 131  Next