It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:06 am 

I'm new to the game and just recently heard about bots. Is there a list of bots somewhere and how do I get one? Also a tutorial would be nice if available as I have no idea what to do with a bot if I do get one. Can anyone help me out?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:55 pm 

Welcome Ispace! It's always nice to see newbies to the cavern!

I'll try to explain bots to my best ability. Bots are like any other avie, but were created by either Michel (aka MisterMagic), Mirphak, or Stone. Michel's bots are MagicBot, MimiBot, Magic Treasure, and Magic-Treasure. Mirphak's bot is Mir-o-bot. I can't remember Stone's bot off the top of my head, but his bot is only primarily used during one of the Cavern Tours, which are currently over for the season.

To use the bots, you need their KI#, which I will provide at the end of my response. With their KI#, you can PM them "link" or "meet" and it will bring you to their current location. You can even move a bot. An example for Michel's bots would be "movebotto mbteledahn" or Mirphak's "movebotto teledahn."

Bots are meant for play, and break boundries in the game. You can walk places you never thought you'd see by using the float command, ex "float 20," the walk and run commands, ex "walk 10" or "run 100." The most useful command for a newbie would be "help." The bots will then send you some messages on how to use the bot, and what commands you can use. Each bot and location has different commands.

The Magic Treasure bots work differently. They are a game that Michel created, so they don't work the same as the rest of the bots.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
The game is not easy! But it's pretty fun. Also, it's a great idea to play with a buddy. You'll both probably need the help, and someone to keep you sane. :lol:

One last, final, extremely important note: You can not bring magic back to public ages! Sometimes the bot will give you a warning on things that can't be taken into a public age.

Hopefully I didn't spoil anything, made some sense, and answered your questions!

KI#'s
Mir-o-bot: 32319
Magic Bot: 27527
Magic Treasure: 26224
Magic-Treasure: 24891
Mimi Bot: 71459

See you in the cavern,
Snick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

A few more points:

Spoiler aware: bots give you access to (a special instance of) most if not all of the Ages in the game; it’s assumed that you have solved all of the puzzles before you link to them.

It may or may not be obvious, but to communicate with a bot you need to add it as a buddy. The easiest way to do that I think is typing the following command in the chat (“xxxxxx” is the KI number of the bot); you can then select the bot’s name from the Buddies list to type the PM.

/addbuddy xxxxxx

Things you cannot bring back to public Ages are those you normally don’t have access to (listed here – spoiler if you haven’t solved all the puzzles).

For Mister Magic’s adventures it’s recommended to read the Preambles in MagicWorlds’ forum: The Fabulous Magical Treasure, The Hidden Treasures. Unfortunately FMT will close on December 31st, so you might want to start that one now :wink:

Magic Treasure/Game Master and Magic-Treasure are the bots for FMT; Magic Bot and Mimi Bot are the bots for HT, and for general fun. These bots are generally more available on weekends.

Snickuster wrote:
I can't remember Stone's bot off the top of my head
Stone’s bot is called... Stone :mrgreen:

KI #46116 Image Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
MacOS wrappers, D’ni Notes, DniTools, goodies

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:38 pm 

Thanks for the explanation. Now that know what they can do I will be checking them out. I've also taken note of the rules concerning their use.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:04 pm 

It is not necessary to use Bots or robots or whatever they are called to enjoy the Cavern and the real story of the D'ni. I have never used one and may never. Just a note to new explores who may not realize that they are a player created modification and have nothing to do with the original story or the true URU adventure.

I am glad people do enjoy them but felt it might be useful to post this humble note from a long time explorer who continues to enjoy the wonderful mysterious world of the D'ni.

Welcome to all new Explorers who venture into the depths with us all.

"We Build Worlds"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 am 

Hi Ispace.
It is always a pleasure for me that new players are interested in the magic worlds.
If you start in the live, I advise you to finish the original game before you are interested in magical worlds. It would not make sense to do otherwise.
Then, if you want to go further in the adventure, and want to visit the magical worlds, I advise you to read this. http://magicworlds.actifforum.com/t692-caution

MagicBot and MimiBot will receive you with pleasure in their magical universe.

There is a forum specifically dedicated to the magic world. Here is the link: http://magicworlds.actifforum.com/

The Fabulous Magic Treasure (FMT) is an interactive adventure game with Game Master (Magic Treasure) and Magic-Treasure robots. As this is an adventure long enough to achieve and it will stop on December 31 of this year, it is no longer possible to start this game. I do not know when it will be put online again. .
You can also play another adventure game: Hidden Treasures. This game is played with MagicBot and MimiBot. For the moment, this game is still online.
My robots are not always in the cave. It all depends on my internet network which is not stable at the moment. In addition, there are many disconnections due to problems beyond my system.

I wish you good times in the cave.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:49 pm 

I have visited the Magic Forums and read all the info before using the bot. Some of the ages on the magic list are not recognized by the bot. Ones that I can remember is MBGahreesen, MBOffice, MBKirel, MBNegilhan, MBSpyphil, MBRRelto, MBZero, MBSoccer, MBPolo. Just thought you should be aware of this. I will go back and try them again in case it was an error on my part.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:48 am 

Hi Ispace.

You had misused the commands. I remind you:
First of all, these commands only work with Magic Bot or Mimi Bot.
The bot must be connected.
You must send the commands in private to the bot (PM).
The list of magic ages can be found in the KI mail "General Help" that you can get by sending the HELP command to the bot.

For example, if you want to send the bot to Magic Zero

1. Send the bot into a magical age with the SENDBOTTO MBZERO command
(space between the two words and no space or other character after).
2. When the bot has reached its destination, PM: MEET (or LINK).

Arrived at your destination, you can get a KI mail specific orders of this age with the HELP command or directly in the Chat with the HELP MBZERO command.

If these commands do not work it's because you made a mistake in sending the commands to the bot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:32 pm 

Thanks Mister Magic for the explanation. I was using Mir O Bot and he did recognize the commands that I didn't list in my previous post. I'll try the others with Mimi Bot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:27 pm 

Mir-o-Bot is not a bot of the Magic Worlds.
It was made by Mirphak.
So, probably, it does not understand the same commands as mine.

Mimi Bot understand the same commands than Magic Bot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:45 pm 

What is Mir O Bots purpose?

I looked for Mimi Bot today but she was offline. I think I read she's only around on weekends, same with Magic Bot and the Treasure Bots. Is this correct?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:36 am 

For Mir-o-Bot, ask Mirphak..

Read this:

http://magicworlds.actifforum.com/t1136-end-of-fmt-2017-december-31#4242