It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:11 am 

I may as well piggyback off of this topic; long time Myst player here, new to Uru. I've got the Complete Chronicles but have yet to start anything and was wondering if there was any particular order I should do things. I suppose what I'm most worried about is completing the Myst Online levels that require multiple players, that and there being changes to the Ages I've already done either offline or prior to expansions that will wind up being updated/changed for the later versions.

Diving into the online would probably give me too many doors with too little information without having done the offline first. However, the offline denies me the multiplayer experience/knowledge until I complete it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:13 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
One thing you might consider is that the Complete Chronicles was only issued because Uru was shut down and that package was all the things they had in the pipeline that were meant for the online version. Some things that required multiple players were tweaked to allow for a single player to complete the same tasks. So, the online version is the way it was intended to be.

Do not worry about whether or not you're doing things in a particular order. Like all other Myst games, Uru is meant to be explored. Take your time and enjoy the exploration. When you need help to complete a task, you can find it here or in game.