It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:44 pm 

Whitch2 has given me permission to continue the OOC planning discussion for this event, originally started in this thread. :) (Someone else set up a thread on the DRC forums I'm told, but since I don't frequent over there... yeah.)

So. There were already some good questions posted in the original thread. If you have more pressing thoughts, feel free to add them, but my focus now is trying to find a time when as many people as possible can do this. If you're interested in a non-confrontational 'call' to Yeesha, to be conducted in the form of a bunch of us getting together in a Bevin and making ourselves available, please post here with your timezone and what times of day you're available. If you can transfer your availability into Cavern time, so much the better!

As for what days, I want to do this during the week because - well, that's when Cyan's around to react if they're going to, right? *cough* Hehe.

EDITED: The final date and time is:

Tuesday, February 20th
Noon-5pm Cavern Time
Sil_oh_wet's Bevin

Sosiqui in Cavern

Last edited by Sosiqui on Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sosiqui, I created the thread over there, and Veralun has kindly linked your original thread to it. You also have The Institution and MotBC friends on the Ubisoft URU forum who are following this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:24 pm 

Sounds good. :) I'd like to do this this week if possible, though there is the possibility that whatever updates are scripted for Launch day may contain some of what we're looking for anyway.

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm in Central Standard Time-available from about 10 am to 2:30 pm, then 8 to 10 at night.

Looking forward to the big event! :D

KI#00149165

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:27 pm 

Oh, and my info - I live in California so that's PST, one hour behind Cavern time.

I'm free pretty much whenever as I'm not currently employed *sigh*, although I sleep from 12am PST until 9am. ^^

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good luck buddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:35 pm 

This is a great idea - Yeesha is such a central character.

I'd be keen but work and log-in difficulties (the dreaded '0 seconds remaining' problem) mean I can't guarantee I'll be able to get in. Preferred time for me would be around 11am PST.

Zen KI# 55764

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

11 am PST works for me all week. It's 7 pm GMT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:52 pm 

Iill post here too. Evening works better for me from about 4 p.m. cavern time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:42 am 

I am available all day every day, except this Friday when I will be lucky to get to the cavern unitil after 6pm.
We heard the call of the cavern, let's hope Yeesha hears our call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:02 am 

Interesting idea... I'd love to see how well that actually works...
The real question is: is Yeesha still watching us?

OOC: I'd also like to see how much we'd have to provoke Cyan to actually bring Yeesha back into the story as a major player. After all, a pow-wow like you're suggesting has never really been done. Yeesha has never been seen in the cavern before, EVER. She doesn't show up, give a mysterious message, and vanish again. She doesn't even drop in like the DRC personnel do. It would be curious to actually get Cyan to change that... bring Yeesha into the game as an interactable player for the first time. *goose bumps*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:22 am 
Obduction Backer

I have a good probability of being available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from ~1700-2100 Cavern Time. Sunday from ~1300-1600 CT. I could possibly be present earlier on Saturday but it would depend on how much advance notice there was given for the event. Unfortunately for me, 0800-1600 Cavern Time Monday-Friday is a no go.

I am still hoping a very large number of explorers will or can participate over a quite extended period of time for this event. That simply would provide for a greater window of opportunity for more folks from all over the globe to participate. Of course, nobody can be certain what Yeesha may do, or when, and then again...perhaps wonderful blue skies on the surface, will influence events in the cavern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:42 am 

I could probably park myself for an extended time period. Just bring a book and prepare for some good chatter... work on some of my fanfiction... ;)

Looks like we'll need a good long stretch to catch Europe at the start and then those who work at the end... as for the day, now. Perhaps we should shoot for Wednesday? That gives us a day to mobilize people and spread the word, but also does NOT overlap with launch and all the new shinies that will come with it - who wants to sit in Bevin while they could be exploring Eder Tsogahl or any other fascinating possibilities?

That, or next week, once everyone's done flailing at the new stuff (I know RW can't make it on Wednesday as indicated in his post above, but if we're gonna do it this week Wednesday seems like the best choice).

Calam's OOC comment is precisely what I'm trying to see. >D

Next point: Where shall we hold this? A neighborhood is the best location I think, but which one? I am a member of a DRC-numbered hood. Does anyone have a public 'hood they'd be willing to let us use? I don't want to pack into A Beginner's Bevin because the timespan will spread over the newbie orientations and I don't want ot interfere with those.

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:13 am 

You guys could probably use Uru Obsession's hood- I doubt they'd mind. You should probably ask someone tho. (I'm a member, but I'm not going to presume to let a big load of people into the Bevin without consent of the others, :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Wednesday sounds like a great day. I'd be keen to join some time between 2pm - 10pm cavern time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next