It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sailing ships
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

In the original myst,there was a world that was written that had an old style sailing ship sticking crazily out of the rocks !
There was never an explanation as such,I just assumed that when the world was written that it had errors in it or was perhaps corrupted by the evil brothers.

Anyway I'd like to see a world where there are sailing ships and oceans to traverse.Throw in a few puzzles as well of course.

Post subject: Re: Sailing ships
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

rolliko wrote:
In the original myst,there was a world that was written that had an old style sailing ship sticking crazily out of the rocks !
There was never an explanation as such,I just assumed that when the world was written that it had errors in it or was perhaps corrupted by the evil brothers.

Anyway I'd like to see a world where there are sailing ships and oceans to traverse.Throw in a few puzzles as well of course.

I believe there was actually an explanation in the Stoneship journal. Atrus had been experimenting with writing objects into Ages, and well... he began to see why the D'ni would often just build things instead just writing everything like that. :roll:

But yeah, an Age of ships would be interesting. I wonder where you'd link in, though (unless the ship always stayed in the same spot, and you really had powers to navigate how the world would turn under it [why am I thinking Ahnonay? :P]).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

One would assume the world would also have some land or land-equivalent. ;) You could simply link into a port or harbourside and meet a ship there.

I like the idea. I would have to sing sea shanties, though. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Think the Islands idea would be best.Each island would have a little port and of course you'd have to have your own boat.

Do you think the sinking of other players boats would be a bit to violent for myst ? You know,a few cannons on board,a pirate hat maybe and the object of the world could be to capture all the islands and become King.

:oops:

I'm playing the wrong game me hearties !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think it's less that it would be violent (it could be just a mini-game within the game world where no one really gets hurt, just like no one dies in Heek,) but more that it would be a lot of work for Cyan to put in just to duplicate what a number of other games have been doing for years. There are a lot of games out there about pirates, the high seas, naval command, military strategy, etc.

I don't think you're playing the wrong game, but I think you could find this in another game to play in addition to Uru. I'd rather Cyan put their work into something that would be more unique to their own game. I like the idea of a ship-themed age in general though.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]