It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

well since this is a "suggestion" thread. i have one.

Ever since i got my presskit of the original uru, there is one place i have been dying to visit:

posible spoiler: concept art from the original UrU:

[spoiler] Image[/spoiler]

~static~ bring! me the RElto pages~static~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:44 pm 

[spoiler]Interesting! It has a shroom like from Teledahn in the lower right...so I'd assume this is another area in Teledahn we haven't been to yet. The maps in the age show us the age is much much larger than the small portion we currently adventure in....so maybe this is still coming, when more of the age opens up?[/spoiler]

"I'd rather be hated for who I am...than loved for who I'm not..."

Vant Zant~Help Somebody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

ok so there are several people that have noticed the shrooms. It NOT Teledah though: there is also what look like a link in buble in fron of the concept avi, anyway below is the reason of the shrooms, and i still REALLY REALLY want to go there, so dear almighty Cyan artist, include that age. pretty plz

Bigger picture:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

and just as suppplement this is the other side of the above picture:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:13 pm 

Hey deathsbedbug

larsdidriksen confirmed via PM this is out of a much much larger graphic, to large to post in the forum. But yeah I came to the same conclusion. :lol:

Oops larsdidriksen beat me to it. :D :lol:

:D Cool Art :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:35 pm 

Hmm... about the concept art int he second picture... [spoiler]That's Laki'ahn, right? Seems like it, anyway...[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:37 pm 

ddfreyen wrote:
Hmm... about the concept art int he second picture... [spoiler]That's Laki'ahn, right? Seems like it, anyway...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah, that's definitely the arena on Laki'ahn from Myst V.

The first picture looks kinda like it might be Third Ahnonay, but... it's not quite right for that... the floaty stuff reminds me of Ahnonay but the architecture is more Kadish Tolesa-esque. *scratches head*[/spoiler]

Sosiqui in Cavern

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

this is from the OLD press kit, so i suppose there is no harm, [spoiler]Yes that is Larki. I shrinked the pictures more then 75% in size and quality, to make them fit here, the zise is A4 foldout, so its A4x3 The age above, (the one on the first picture) is NOT in any current game. the pillars around the litlle Avi look like brokken sentinals, guards. and there is a bubble in front of the avi, like mabye the one used in EOA. [/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

To moderaters: If this in any way violates anything, copyright etc. plz, remove it. I only posted the picture since this is a requested age, and the rest of the pictures to stop any speculations that it might be Teledahn, or Kardish

Anyway here is a picture of the whole presskit, (this one was not taken by me though) i hope it clears things up. Plz remember this is a presskit, it predates the launch of any of the box game versions of UrU

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sosiqui wrote:
ddfreyen wrote:

[spoiler]Yeah, that's definitely the arena on Laki'ahn from Myst V.

The first picture looks kinda like it might be Third Ahnonay, but... it's not quite right for that... the floaty stuff reminds me of Ahnonay but the architecture is more Kadish Tolesa-esque. *scratches head*[/spoiler]
The floaty stuff also reminds me a little bit about Spire from Myst IV....though the rest of that original presskit image is not anywhere close to Spire....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:58 am 

To me, the rock formations in the background of the first one seem very Kadish-like (specifically the area around where you find the tree page).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

so, still nobody knows anything about this age? im sure someone has seen or heard something about it, there’s even a bigger concept picture on DPWR.net right here: http://www.dpwr.net/forums/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=205
so its gotta come from somewhere. The thing im really keen on knowing about is the bubble thing in front of the avi, this is pre boxed UrU and hence way before the link bubbles in Myst V. any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:00 pm 

larsdidriksen wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The left part of that image is an age from Myst V, I saw the age in a vedio(waiting on Ebay for me to get the game)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:45 am 
Obduction Backer

:) yes its Laki'ahn. the real mystery is the top picture, its from an OLD presskit, like i said its pre-boxed original uru, but the picture still has an avatar in front of a link bubble like in Myst 5.
I think it might have been an early concept for Kadish gallery, before it was moved to city proper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:42 am 

Those floating things are broken statues as in Kemo and now Delin, I think. Interesting that the bits keep floating even when they're broken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

yes i saw the resemblance, but there are 5 of them, also notice how they look like they had heads and arms. they seem more like sentinels/guards. it think the concept was recycled for the eders, but only as the armor. Also the key thing is the link bubble, the kit is from 2002-2003. i know there is a shroom, but that's from an overlapping image of teledahn. The place seems to be all rock, with an abyss/link-fissure in front of the avatar.
the picture is much clearer here: http://www.dpwr.net/forums/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=205

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]