It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

It looks like the new UruLauncher.exe (a.k.a the patcher) in #131 requires msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll to run. For most people this is not a problem as you may have downloaded it before with a previous version of UruLauncher.exe. But if you are starting from the Cyan installer for MOULa, you'll most likely have these file missing when the new patcher downloads and tries to run.

Here is a link to get the missing dlls files http://account.mystonline.com/download/MOULaSupportFiles.zip

Unzip this file and copy the files msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll to where you have UruLauncher.exe installed.

Thanks,
Chogon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:25 am 

Thank you Chogon for providing an official download link for those files. Microsoft only seems to distribute these DLLs along with the Visual Studio version of the time period, so the only way to get them before was from somewhat shady "DLL fix" websites. Finding a harmless download link with only the DLL file (without a useless fixer program) isn't always easy, especially for people who don't know what to look for.

Is there any chance that the Cyan installer (the one that installs almost only the UruLauncher.exe) could be updated to include the DLLs by default, or to download them as needed?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:59 am 
Site Admin

dgelessus wrote:
Is there any chance that the Cyan installer (the one that installs almost only the UruLauncher.exe) could be updated to include the DLLs by default, or to download them as needed?

Yes... it is on my To Do list.

Thanks,
Chogon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:07 pm 

Which we all know is a very short list of things.... :wink:

Isn't "Find some sanity." #23 or something like that?

:P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:22 pm 

Nev'yn wrote:
Isn't "Find some sanity." #23 or something like that?

:P

Meh...sanity is overrated...and less fun. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:35 pm 

Thanks Chogen, that will help some people out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Maybe a message should be put on the play tab page to direct people here that are just getting started in addition to the links that already exist? Like, "After you download...etc."

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Chogon, for attending to this in your copious spare time.

This helped me, after I remembered to run UruLauncher as Administrator in Win 10. So many things to change, so many things to remember....

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:27 am 

Chogon wrote:
It looks like the new UruLauncher.exe (a.k.a the patcher) in #131 requires msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll to run. For most people this is not a problem as you may have downloaded it before with a previous version of UruLauncher.exe. But if you are starting from the Cyan installer for MOULa, you'll most likely have these file missing when the new patcher downloads and tries to run.

Here is a link to get the missing dlls files http://account.mystonline.com/download/MOULaSupportFiles.zip

Unzip this file and copy the files msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll to where you have UruLauncher.exe installed.

Thanks,
Chogon

darn it still isn't working I have repeatedly tried to copy the files to the exe file and get no where still telling me the files are missing
:/ :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

tahcar wrote:
I have repeatedly tried to copy the files to the exe file

copy to the FOLDER where the exe file is located, not to the exe file itself... 8)

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:48 am 

Chogon wrote:

Thanks,
Chogon

so...did this, and when I try to copy file to where I have UruLauncher installed Windows shuts down on me.
All was working fine until I tried to go into the Cavern today...angelmyst is sad :(

KI #03313934

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:58 pm 

Charura wrote:
tahcar wrote:
I have repeatedly tried to copy the files to the exe file

copy to the FOLDER where the exe file is located, not to the exe file itself... 8)

still no use am on facebook trying to get help from Larry now https://www.facebook.com/groups/3756914 ... 3525031496

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

1. Move the Uru Live folder away from Program Files (x86). Where you move it to doesn’t matter.
  2. In the Uru Live folder there should be msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll and UruLauncher.exe, the rest is not necessary. The DLL are inside MOULaSupportFiles, but must be alongside UruLauncher.
  3. Open UruLauncher.exe and let it work, it will take a while to download all the datafiles.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Get tweets from the GoMe.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:18 am 
Obduction Backer

korovev wrote:
  1. Move the Uru Live folder away from Program Files (x86). Where you move it to doesn’t matter.
  2. In the Uru Live folder there should be msvcp71.dll, msvcr71.dll and UruLauncher.exe, the rest is not necessary. The DLL are inside MOULaSupportFiles, but must be alongside UruLauncher.
  3. Open UruLauncher.exe and let it work, it will take a while to download all the datafiles.

Thanks for that tip. Switched to a new computer and finally got to the cavern!

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:59 pm 

So I did this, and now it's telling me it failed to delete the old patcher.