It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Gametap problem
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:56 pm 

hi everyone, this is my first post so be kind :)

I'm UK based, and tried to register for Myst online today, but ran into a problem and just wondered if anyone else has this issue. After I have entered my credit card details etc etc I get to the page where you accept the registration agreement, but when I click on the I accept button I keep getting returned to the same page with the message "cannot update registration information" ..."please scroll down to the bottom of the page and accept the agreement" (or something along those lines). I cannot get past this point, and please note that I do put a tick in the check-box within the embedded registration text box on the webpage next to "I accept", and then click on the I accept button at the bottom of the page. Any thoughts or ideas much welcomed,

thanks
pablo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

You're two or three days too early. Internationals won't be able to sign up until beta has expired and Live has started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:23 pm 

ah I see, thanks Rusty, I know the official launch is tomorrow, I just thought that I could sign up today ready for the morrow. If you don't mind, I have another question: with the gametap account, does this include downloading the client for the game, or do I have to buy this seperately in a store then use my gametap details to logon online? (I have the original Uru game, but am guessing this will be of no use).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=111161#111161 That's the most recent link about the delay.

Yes, the download will include the game. The original standalone isn't part of this new online URU Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:41 pm 

understood, many thanks for your help Rusty

pablo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:28 am 
Obduction Backer

Now I have a GameTap problem :cry:
It worked last night and today, I get home, GameTap wants to update, I say yes and now I get this.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:45 am 

Might be worth trying again - I got in as an international today just fine. :D

Gametap's servers are being hit pretty hard at the moment, so any problem you encounter may be simply caused by the heavy traffic. If you get a server error messages just give it a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, assume the servers are being hammered and leave it a while. If the problem is still there tomorrow, then there may be a problem.

Hope you can get in very soon. 8)

Zen KI# 55764

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, after finally calling GameTap, I found out that there is a random update problem. I had to back up my games, uninstall GameTap and use the newest installer. I put my games folder back in and it worked perfectly.

Thank you GameTap support. You were very prompt and diligent in helping me fix it... :P