It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:47 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:09 pm 

This might just be the case. In light of the massively successful release of the URU Mac Client software and the technology from Transgaming, Inc. which works as a Windows compatibility layer, it serves to think that the same thing could be done for the Gametap client as a whole! We went and did a live chat with a Gametap representative that we will keep anonymous to get some answers to these questions:

[spoiler=Live Chat with Gametap Rep]
Quote:
Rhylin: Is there any information available on when a Mac Version of the Gametap service will be made available?

Gametap: There is not an official ETA on that, but we are working on it.

Rhylin: What can you tell us on how far the project has progressed or if there will be an open beta?

Gametap: The project is still in the early workings, but there should be more news in the coming months.

Rhylin: Has the work that Gametap did along with Cyan Worlds and Transgaming, Inc. emulator technology for Uru Live helped the process of bringing Gametap to the Mac platform?

Gametap: We just provide the link to Uru Live. They have their own server.

Rhylin: And finally, is there any fact in the rumor given by another source that we can indeed be on the lookout for the Mac Client of Gametap this May?

Gametap: Yes. There will be something, maybe not as soon as that.

Rhylin: Care to elaborate on that at all?

Gametap: In all software development nothing at this stage is concrete.

Rhylin: Ok, Thank you for your time ******!

Gametap: Thank you.

Hmmm.... sounds very likely indeed![/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:06 pm 

cool for you mac users ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:07 am 

Is the full version of Uru ready yet or not? Apple.com description of Uru reads as if it is available while GameTap says that it is not available. Asking Gametap directly they say:
Quote:
[email protected]: You can sign up for just URU, which supports Mac. At this time, GameTap doesn't support Mac but we are working on it. Hope this information helps.

Ok, if I can sign up (what ever that means)...how? Is GameTap referring to the demo? Or is Uru different from Uru Online? I'm definitely confused.

If it is available, what specific steps (links appreciated) do I need to take (w/o doing the windows thing on my Mac)? Anxiously awaiting. :)

MacPro (intel inside), MacOS 10.4.9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:30 am 

A full version, out of beta, is available for Intel Macs only. Can't tell you where the link is however 'cause I'm a Windows user and have no idea where the link is...

However, the GameTap service as a whole is not available for the Mac yet. But Uru and GT can be run seperately.

Now if only Cider's sister product Cedega could support Uru for Linux... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:41 am 

I believe you can find a link for the Myst Online download here:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/g ... ulive.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:59 am 

Arcuru wrote:
If it is available, what specific steps (links appreciated) do I need to take (w/o doing the windows thing on my Mac)? Anxiously awaiting. :)

MacPro (intel inside), MacOS 10.4.9.

All you have to do is click on the link on the top right of this page "Play it NOW for free!" and then chose whether or not you want to start paying right away or just try it out for free first.

Both links got to the same account setup page (thats the "sign up"), the only difference is if you want to give them your credit-card info right away or not ;) You need this account to log into Uru Live and after a successful account creation there is a download link for the Mac software on the account page.

If you already have an account or created a "Free GameTap ID" you can just download the Mac installer from the above linked apple site.

MO:ULagain KI# 657726

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:17 pm 

The 'Play it NOW for free!' actually worked this time. So, I'm in playing the full version, thank you very much. :)

I had been to that signup page before (Mac not supported), also tried to sign up within the game (crash) and through gametap (Mac not supported), but all had failed. This time I could pay the fee, then it downloaded a new copy of Uru, updated it and it works.

NAME: I seem to have lost my name Arcuru (registered via demo version) so now I'm 'Arcuru 2'. Any thoughts how I can restore my name? It doesn't show up on the new version and if I try and type it in as a new explorer it says it is already used.