It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:01 am 

After18 pages of arguments and spirited debate we were just getting somewhere in the "Make A Real Story This Time" thread. I don't know who locked it so I did not attempt a PM. Ban me if you like... do what you must...but there was actually some good debate & discussion going on in there. By the small possibility that this doesn't get locked or deleted and myself banned... just wanted to express my disappointment in the choice of locking it and present the opportunity to continue the debate if others wanted to. I think that it is obvious that everyone has a lot to say and learn from this debate.... locking it down cuts off more than just the negative aspects (that yes... were present)... but also the positive aspects and points (that yes...were also present) in which arguments so often surround.

If you're willing to let things continue... outline a few points that you want to be adhered to...and let things continue. Moderating means to reside over or lessen the intensity of. Whomever locked this DID NOT MODERATE....they just locked it so they didn't have to moderate. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:13 am 

ROFL!

Ahhhh, the internet. The only public place (other than city walls and lavatory doors) where the pseudo-intellectual is free to pass verbal gas -- and blame others for the stink.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by tkwiggins on Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:38 am 

Enough wiggins. Being a troll is bad enough, but gloating over your abillity to be one is even worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:48 am 

Bravo! Bravo! Way to go TK! Why did you edit your post? Having second thoughts or something? I'll be happy to continue being your punching bag if it continues to make you feel better and thereby leaves room for others to debate. Just try to bring it to me in a PM you little hothead you. Oh wait... I see...you were talking about yourself! I apologize as that was little over my head...big words and all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:56 am 

neosource wrote:
Whomever locked this DID NOT MODERATE....they just locked it so they didn't have to moderate. :wink:

This is absolutely true, and I'm glad of it.

I would much rather have Greydragon working on Uru Live than moderating this forum. Don't you agree?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:01 am 

neosource wrote:
I'll be happy to continue being your punching bag if it continues to make you feel better and thereby leaves room for others to debate.

Out, grimy troll, out! *pfft!* Begone, blotch-brained purveyor of tease! Vanish, flaccid pot-stirrer of fandom! Take thine pungent polemics and shove off! *pfft! pfft!*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:09 am 

You know, theres a reason why they lock threads. Well, sometimes there isn't but alot of the time there is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:32 am 

@ Micentro
Quote:
You know, theres a reason why they lock threads. Well, sometimes there isn't but alot of the time there is.

That's just flat out hilarious! LOL :lol: That said...had I known TK would be throwing a hissy fit I may have thought twice before making this attempt. My mistake...

@ tk

Quote:
Out, grimy troll, out! *pfft!* Begone, blotch-brained purveyor of tease! Vanish, flaccid pot-stirrer of fandom! Take thine pungent polemics and shove off! *pfft! pfft!*

hmmmmmm... now there's a perceptive & open minded individual. LOL...let's talk some more. You don't have any preconceived notions or judgements about me do you?

You're so wrong and so incredibly defensive TK. Leave the debate to the big boys who are willing and learning .... and keep your tantrums in PM's. Pacifiers can be found @ the local guild of infant necessities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:55 am 

Amusingly, every post in here has been off-topic. So let's try to stay on, shall we?

The main thing I got out of the admittedly little I read of the previous thread was that you folk were dissapointed in the necessity for NPCs to guide the story in Live and such. I feel, once again from limited/no experience, that the story seemed to have gone well, and that the NPCs have shown nothing but improvement since the Prologue. I think it should be safe to give non-player characters a second chance. Convince me as to why that shouldn't be so.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:21 am 

I think it would have been great if you walked away from Yeesha while she was dishing out important information she would stop and say something like, "Where are you going? If you're not interested in what I have to say then so be it." and then links away.
I think the point that was trying to be made is that the NPCs didn't react to the ppl or enviorment around them. The live DRC folks did for the most part and that's where I found things started to get interesting. I think if live had actually made it to production and not been..you know.... things would have gotten much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:09 pm 
Cyan Employee

Reopened -

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC

and

STOP calling people idiots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:58 pm 

Okay. It appears GD has unlocked the original thread. Therefore, my suggestion is threefold:

1. Don't post any more replies to this thread. Instead,

2. Post replies to the original thread. And of couse, don't forget to

3. PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT GD SAID ABOUT STAYING ON TOPIC AND NOT INSULTING PEOPLE!!!

Please don't interpret my third point to mean I'm mad and am yelling. I just think its very important that this has been paid attention to.

And yes, that refers to BOTH SIDES of the argument, because BOTH SIDES have insulted people.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]