It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:23 pm 

That is really an interesting change. It will do great good to the game I think. But I have a question: Will any DRC members or characters be there between the episodes or will the only possible time for interaction be within the week of the release?

Long live to UruLive!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:24 pm 

My gut reaction is that great! - It should make it easier to manage (my) interaction with the game and particularly my expectations. Rather than a (often confusing and frustrating ) trickle a whole large glass at a time, Up to me whether I want to gulp it or savor it.

In short - feels like it will be really empowering for both the explorers and the "DRC"

As well it may make it easier to develop IC roles and interaction with the story as it looks like there may be time to plan and some foreknowledge of events, story arcs and so on... and time for Cyan to plan responses.

Heres hoping !

Shorah

Sundog

Last edited by sundog on Fri May 04, 2007 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:25 pm 

May 19th, hmmmmmmm............................that gives me plenty of time to get my hair done and buy some new clothes!!!!! This is great news about the direction MOUL is taking. Thanks Cyan!!!!

Post subject:

Great changes - I'm really happy to see things go this way. Sounds like it'll definitely work better. Whew! Now I can breathe again 8)

Post subject:
Obduction Backer

This sounds wonderful! One week of new content followed by 3 weeks of dissect etc.

Question - It will, of course, be really laggy with everyone playing during Week 1/NewContentWeek. If a player wants to wait to Week 2 or Week 3 or Week 4, will the new content still be there, the same as if he/she were logging in in Week 1?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:26 pm 

This, in my opinion, is great news. It allows me to enjoy the Cavern and the people at a leisurely pace. :D

Planned updates of this nature are the way ahead. An excellent move on Cyan's part.

Thank you

Post subject:
Obduction Backer

I don't know what to think of it yet... I'll just wait and see I guess.

Post subject:

GreyDragon and Cyan team,

I have to admit that we were a bit worried when we heard of an upcoming announcement... we love MO:UL so much. However, this is the BEST thing we have heard in a long time, and we both feel that this will improve Uru no end.

Brilliant move, and very good news indeed!

/cheer

The time has come for us to move on. Thanks for the wonderful friendships, pleasant interaction and 7 happy years in URU. Above all, thank you Cyan for bringing Murray and myself together. Be well, everybody :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:28 pm 

GO CYAN!

*Puts a reminder on his calendar to stay logged in that week*

Post subject:

I also think this is a good idea. Thank you, Cyan! Let's see what consequences it will have.

Post subject:

OMG! Has anyone seen vid lately? Is he gonna be the first to die or has the DRC taken a hit out on Nick? :shock:

Post subject:
Cyan Employee

AKA wrote:
So if we miss the big Update on May 19th, does it mean we will miss all the stuff in the update?

What I'm meaning is: If I log in on the 20th instead, will I get the same content that I would get on the 19th?

Content will be there even after the Episode ends. Only thing you might miss is interaction with characters, but that depends on the time that the characters come in. We plan to have characters come in a lot during this time period. It should be fun. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:29 pm 

I like the idea. My concern is for those folks who aren't able to access the Cavern all the time, and won't be able to make it in for the episodes - is there a way to re-live them?

For instance, I'll be honest, I'm thinking about myself. I live in Seattle and work the same office hours you (Cyan) do. I'm not able to be online during the times most of the DRC Cavern visits take place. Or, say, perhaps someone is out of town, or has previous plans and can't make the "event of the week", or heck, for the sake of conversation, we all try and log in at once and people get stuck black-screening. Will we be able to catch up in-game? I know there is a good chunk of us that frequent a variety of forums, and I'm sure we'll hear all about it. Not everyone is involved that way though, nor should they need to be, to keep up with things. And personally, I always prefer to experience important story-related things first-hand if possible; I'm sure the rest of us feel the same way.

Thanks for being willing to dialogue with us GD! Could you can expound on how the episode will be presented and address some of these comments?

edit - whoops, cross-posted with GD! Feel free to comment further, however... :wink:

Last edited by Rils on Fri May 04, 2007 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am very excited with the news, I can not wait to see how this works plays out...

O'boy!!!!!!!!! :D

KI #00031776
Have you had your HUG today?[img]http://www.smileycons.com/img/variety/g-teddy.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Not much to discuss at this point. Sounds like a good idea. Go ahead and good luck with it. Im for it :D :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next