It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Multi-User Ages
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you link to the "In Development" section, you will find under "Coming Soon" (please, don't get stuck staring at the "Pets" and "Transportation Vehicles" in the "Blue Sky" section... :wink: ) a "Multi-User Ages". I wonder what they mean with this... does it stand simply for "Multi-Player Puzzles"?

Morningstar - KI#1053460
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:50 pm 

I'm not sure what that means. But I noticed the "Pets" part, and I thought it would be cool. Especially if you can keep a D'ni creature ( like a bahro or a Squee ), and/or a surface creature ( like a fennec ) as a pet. Would be a nice experience for those who can't have a pet due to allergies or restrictions on their apartments. (I'm not expecting it to happen, or them to go all-out on this "Blue Sky" feature. I'm just saying I think it would be cool.)

Though now that I thought of it, maybe the "multi-user" ages where more than one user can go to - like Ae'Gura. Where in the "single-player" ages, you have to invite people to make them "multi-person" ages, like Relto or Gareeshen.

Last edited by Samui on Tue May 09, 2006 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:50 pm 

could be they mean ages, like the City itself, that are not "private" as the other ages are. ages with a book in the 'hood or the library that any group can go to whenever they want.

d'mala 00723949

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

K'huunah wrote:
could be they mean ages, like the City itself, that are not "private" as the other ages are. ages with a book in the 'hood or the library that any group can go to whenever they want.

Uhm, you may be right. Yeah, it would be nice to have a common instance of an Age where you can meet people, instead of having to go through the invite system every time! :)

Morningstar - KI#1053460
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well there are quite a few shards, and new Ages under construction from fans, which have all been under review with Cyan... perhaps some of the will be included, 'if and when' ... that would be quite cool ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:04 pm 

Quote:
Especially if you can keep a D'ni creature ( like a bahro or a Squee )

We've been through owning the Bahro before remeber? :P

Mayap a neighbourhood garden age? Like they said before
prologue if I remember rightly!

...wheres my box?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:14 pm 

Oh man transportation vehicles.... maybe someday :lol:

I have always loved those like that in Riven and Exile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Two possibilities (at least, unless we're reading way more into this than it deserves). First, it could mean Ages tied to specific neighborhoods, as Eder Kemo was originally intended. You'd still have the book on your shelf, but it would send you to an instance of the Age that was accessible to all members of a neighborhood. Second, for a short time, sharing an Age actually resulted in shared ownership of that Age. For example, if you shared your Teledahn book with someone, both of you would then have equal access to the same instance of that Age. If you wished to withdraw from that arrangement, you could delete your book (in your Relto) and get a new one, but all progress in the Age would be lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:20 pm 

Bedford wrote:
Quote:
Especially if you can keep a D'ni creature ( like a bahro or a Squee )

We've been through owning the Bahro before remeber? :P

Mayap a neighbourhood garden age? Like they said before
prologue if I remember rightly!

I dunno, maybe a Bahro becomes a good friend of ours and they chill with us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:28 pm 

Ages open for all would be great! The opportunities to have more diverse places to meet would add so much the to community!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:28 pm 

Quote:
I dunno, maybe a Bahro becomes a good friend of ours and they chill with us?

That could be fun! sat chilling on the Great stairs with a Bahro entertaining us
with a comical display of skill 8)

...wheres my box?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:33 pm 

Invite players to ages lolz

"no no no! don't link yet----*sigh*"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:35 pm 

I would love to have a sqee running around in my Relto :D
So you have someone funny to come home to.. :)

(Just don't push it over the edge, we still only knows humans, bahros, sticks and stone can link) :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

This probably belongs in the suggestions forum, but I think it would be useful and perfectly within the realm of IC-ness to have "public" instances of all of the Ages currently only available "privately" in UU. Heck, it almost makes *more* sense from an IC perspective if this instancing thing is a Yeesha construct. Just as an example of what I'm talking about, let's look at Teledahn.

In UU, Teledahn is a privately instanced Age. You can only get a group there if you invite them all personally, and big parties are often a real pain to coordinate. In Live 2.0, it would be nice if there were a publicly accessible link to Teledahn provided in-game (say, in front of the Library as it was early in the Ubi beta) that would lead to a public instance of the Age, where everyone went regardless of being invited. You would also be able to access a *private* instance of the Age through your Relto Bookshelf, enabling you and perhaps a small group of close friends to wander around the Age alone, and solve puzzles at your leisure, since the public instances would probably be blazed through rather quickly (or not, if Ahnonay's evilness is any indication of the complexity of the intended multiplayer puzzles ;)). Public instances of the Ages would appear in your Nexus list, which could be somewhat re-labeled to better accommodate the new setup. Instead of City Locations, Public Links, Private Links, and whatever the fourth one is, you'd have City Locations, Neighborhoods, Public Ages, Private Ages, and if still applicable, that last heading that continually escapes me ;).

It's not really a revamping of the current system, just a little tweak to make it easier to play together with a group / as a group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:07 pm 

That is a great idea Alahmnat!
I know I would love to solve puzzle with some of my friends.. :D
I would also be nice it you had to be more than one person to solve a puzzle, like in the teledahn bug in UU.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next