It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:03 am 

The shirts are burgundy, I have no idea what this "pink" is you speak of. :wink:

/me underlines the sticky note a few more times "What happened to these shirts? Ask the DRC...."

Post subject: Semi-Final Version.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:42 am 

Proposed Guild Structure

Guild Master Name: It was largely agreed upon that the name “Guild Master” was not indicative of the actual responsibilities that this title would uphold. Therefore, it has been suggested that the name for this role would be “Guild Representative”.
It was largely agreed upon that the number of Masters would be five.

The Guild Representative represents the Guild as a whole in an official capacity, interfacing directly with leaders from other guilds and with the DRC/Cyan. (This is not saying that other people don't do this too, but this is the "official" person who does.) This person speaks for the Guild of Maintainers as a group.

The Guild Masters would make up the Council. Each Master would be responsible as the Head of a specific department that the Guild is comprised of.

The Structure would consist of 5 Departments:

1) Communications Dept:
A) Inter-Communications – Information channeled into and out of the Guild. i.e. press conferences, Q & A’s, meetings. Also, special projects associated with other guilds, members.

B) Intra-Communication – Information between departments/Sub-Guilds/Members. i.e., KI announcements, information vital to complete projects, submission details, etc.

2) Human Resources Dept:
Responsible for applications/interview process, recruiting, new member briefings and managing existing members (complaints, team assignments, transfers, etc)

3) Creativity Dept:
For IC Purposes. Responsible for single or group activities: training/classes, IC role playing, member functions to enhance our research and/or explorations, etc.

4) Submissions Dept:
There would be no real “Security” Department as we have not been given objectives as yet. It has also been largely agreed upon that the name “security” may not fit their actual purpose. Therefore, may not apply as a primary department, even then. The Submissions Department may. Therefore, the Submissions Dept. will be deemed as a primary department.

OOC - Submissions – For OOC purposes. They will test fan-created content. It's also largely dependent on Cyan and the Guild of Writers, so until they're ready, this department will remain inactive.

5) Sub-Guild Departments: These Sub-Guild would be entities in and of itself. Dictated by its self, but associated under the GoMa to assist in the overall Goals of the GoMa, which is to complete projects.

This, as with other topics, will be discussed in the meeting scheduled for the 11th of September. See you in the Maintainers' Pub!

Otherwise known as AnElise KI #08563780

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:01 pm 

Cross-posted from AoG:

Lil Missy wrote:
Guild Master Name: It was largely agreed upon that the name “Guild Master” was not indicative of the actual responsibilities that this title would uphold. Therefore, it has been suggested that the name for this role would be “Guild Representative”.

I just want to clarify one thing. I don't know if others have also suggested this, but I only suggested the representative title as a temporary thing until we become official. I think at that point we should stick with tradition and have Guild Masters. It seems to me that everyone views "Master" as a title of power, but I think it was intended to be a title of experience and knowledge.

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:43 pm 

FB, others have suggested it. And this, I think, should be brought up during the Sept, 11th meeting as a topic for the rest of the Pre-Guild to decide on.

By consensus, the duties of this title remain relatively the same, regardless of its heading. Unless that becomes debatable as well. :D

As with this topic, If there is anything else you would like to discuss in the meeting, that would be much appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:40 pm 

any chance that major guild meetings be held on the weekends? I know that myself and many others can not get into the cavern during the week, thus limiting my input during the meetings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:54 pm 

Well, that seems to be the dilemma, most times. A majority of us who have been working hard to set up the backend of the guild cant do weekends. I personally am not the one who will probably be moderating the meeting but I will be there.

Have you already joined the pre-guild thread on the AoG site yet?
We would love to have you! Whenever the guild becomes larger, I'm sure that we would have enough people at that point to help out in meetings.

But I'll see what I can do to accommidate those people that are in that situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:23 pm 

September 13th (KI Time 12PM & 6 PM)

Hello,

You are invited to the first meeting of the Maintainer's Pre-Group. The meeting will be held in two parts to accommodate as many Explorers timezones as possible and will be located in the Maintainers Guild Pub.
(If it has not been released by then a alternate location will be posted the day of the meeting.)

Topics will include the rough draft documents that have been worked on for the last month at the AoG, as well as any information the DRC presented about the Guilds during the episode. Q&A will form the bulk of the meeting with your questions shaping the pre-group drafts and in turn the Guild we all hope grows from it.

<DRC information released in the episode may be KI mailed out prior to the meeting>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:15 am 
Obduction Backer

ki time ? GMT-7 right ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

KI time = MDT = GMT - 6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:30 pm 

Cavern time = Mountain Standard time(MST) = GMT - 7.

GMT - 6 = Central Standard time (CST)
GMT - 5 = Eastern Standard time (EST)
GMT - 8 = Pacific Standard time (PST)

Times for the meetings:

Cavern Time/MST
12:00 and 18:00

CST
13:00 and 19:00

EST
14:00 and 20:00

PST
11:00 and 17:00

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:44 am 

During the summer, Cavern time is MDT or GMT -6. Only Arizona stays on MST or GMT -7. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:16 am 

Imthmnky wrote:
any chance that major guild meetings be held on the weekends? I know that myself and many others can not get into the cavern during the week, thus limiting my input during the meetings.

Please come over to the uruguilds forum and drop off your availability in the thread for such things. :D While we can't guarantee that all meetings will be held when you're available, we're doing our best to take everyones' availability into consideration.

Several of us are unfortunately not available much on the weekends ... :? It is very hard to try to get everyone together, but at least hopefully we can stagger things so that everyone can attend things occasionally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:59 pm 

Ok just tossed in the announcement for the Pre-group meeting Thursday to the ingame event board.

Anyone interested should feel free to stop by the Maintainers Guild pub at the specified times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:19 pm 

peteki wrote:
During the summer, Cavern time is MDT or GMT -6. Only Arizona stays on MST or GMT -7. :)

Well, my KI is an hour behind local time for me (US Central) so that would make it GMT - 7. Does everyone have a different KI time? that would sure make things difficult. :cry:

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:28 pm 

I always show up for these things early and stay a little late so the is a margin for error. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next