It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:04 am 

Let's also not forget a couple of other people.

Yeesha: She's at least partly mad with power. (I think)

Bahro: Moke's been hinting at this for a while now. That Bahro wouldn't make good pets, etc. Seems a bit stupid to me, but, then again, I don't know what they might have planned.

Sharper: Doubt it, but, while we're naming people :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:28 am 

I think the possibility of the Bahro being mean is a red herring. For one thing, we've been nothing but nice to them, and they quite literally owe many of us their souls. ;)

For another... to be blunt, if they had any intention to do us in, there's just no good IC reason I can think of that they haven't made a move yet, even if Live had ended yesterday with no gap of time in between. If they wanted us gone, they should have picked us off one by one when we went into the cave, but they didn't.

Plus I've never seen them act anything but kind and helpful, so I see no reason to suspect them now.

As for Yeesha, I think she's a good person, basically. She's flawed, sure, but who isn't? I like what Moke said one time about Yeesha being "all about the love," and I think that's very true, even if she shows it in odd ways. Yeesha's an odd person. ;)

I also think Sharper is basically decent. He had a lot to learn, but he's learned some of it. He's made some bad decisions, one in particular, but I don't think he's evil. He is, however, an opportunist, without a doubt. I know a lot of people hate him, but I actually like him.

Personally, I think the peril will come either from an Esher/Kadish/D'ni-purity-ward direction, or from some as yet unknown foe. I don't think it's something natural like earthquakes exclusively. Natural disasters are devastating, but they aren't "evil" as they have no will, they just are. The only way I can see this being the threat is if the rumours were wrong (or just marketing) or someone is manipulating the natural world to cause them. Natural earthquakes would also be very difficult to stop, which would make for a rather frustrating game. ("You can't win. Ever. Your efforts are doomed to failure. Enjoy!" ;))

Annacat

The Narayani Collective

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:02 am 

*BoT Spoiler* Veovis and Ae'garis used a machine to make the earthquakes that damaged the buildings of D'ni.*

I'd like to know who it was that killed Yeesha's lover. I don't think it's Esher or I can't imagine Yeesha acting like she does towards him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:32 am 

Whilyam wrote:
Bahro: Moke's been hinting at this for a while now. That Bahro wouldn't make good pets, etc. Seems a bit stupid to me, but, then again, I don't know what they might have planned.

True, The D'ni basically enslaved them and we don't need to head down that same path. They may look different but they are not animals or a "lower life form".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:21 pm 

I like sharper, even though I've never met him, because his journal is the only reason I know anything about the prologue.

In other words, if you want to change my opinion, tell me about the prologue... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:40 pm 

Moke said that it was a prophecy and was contingent on you believing in it or not...it is like the words of the watcher and Yeesha's journey.

Perhaps we will learn more about Calam and Yeesha, or perhaps we will learn more about the bahro (Moke also said that the EOA Story would fit in a way that no one would expect it to).

Maybe this has to do with Escher (although I extremely doubt it) what did the bahro do with him?

Personally I think it is another D'ni prophecy that will come true in some manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:55 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

It seems quite likely that Esher could very well have an important presence in Uru Live. An unnamed D'ni is mentioned in a letter on Sharper's desk after an expedition to Noloben...

If the events of Myst V truly do take place many years after the events or Uru:ABM and its expansion packs...

... well, we know at the very least that Esher is out there, lurking in the shadows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:06 pm 

Now that brings up an interestin question:

IS THIS URU LIVE SET AFTER EOA, OR BETWEEN ABM AND EOA....OR WHAT! :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:43 pm 

It takes place starting in 2006, but I doubt that it takes place after EOA, or we would have noticed earthquakes in D'mala or something... Besides, in TPOTS the door out of the mosaic room in K'veer is broken, unlike EOA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:40 pm 

BEGIN MINDLESS BABBLE THAT COULDN'T POSSIBLY MAKE SENSE INDUCED BY TIME FLUX NOW-

So our actions now could change the world of EOA! HUh! What if I went and blew K'veer up right now? Would there be a K'veer? Or maybe Yeesha wrote different instances of all those ages we go to with the tablet, or what if.....

END MINDLESS BABBLE

Hey, GreyDragon:
Can we please get an official opinion on this subject?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:07 pm 

UruLive takes place like now...in present time, or will when it starts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:30 am 

Yeesha looks much older then what we see of her in URU, so End of Ages must be set much later.

What happens stays happened (equaly, what will happen, will still happen), if you went and blew up K'veer or murder Yeesha (although I can't imagine anyone doing any such thing :P) or Esher (Again I ca... well posably :P) then you would simply send the current path down a new branch, but there would still exist the branch that leads to EoA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:24 am 

So whoever is the player in EoA might be there just to safeguard that particular branch of the future? I like it...

It sounds kind of like Back to the Future, where nearly all of the events that take place in the second movie don't happen because of the end of the third.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:14 am 

I thought EoA was simply Cyan's speculation about a possible future, from an IC perspective. Uhm, I guess we'll have to just wait and see!
In the meantime... Find a way... Make a home... :mrgreen:

Morningstar - KI#1053460
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:01 pm 

Well, I sent a PM to greydragon (which will probably go unanswered, :roll: , but it was worth the 2 seconds it took to send)

I still can't imagine a way that EOA will fit in that (Moke)"we can't imagine"

I mean, what can will the free bahro do? And what will Yeesha do?

If EOA Takes place in the future then Yeesha is back, and perhaps we will see her in the cavern in Live?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next