It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:53 pm 

I am helping with beta testing another app and it took three weeks for it to hit the store. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:33 am 

Are there any updates on this patch?

I am one of those lurkers who have been reading this thread and the board for a long time, but don't talk.

I can understand the need for patience for waiting for the game to be patched, but my patience is starting to wear thin in that I have been waiting since the games release for the black screen issue to be rectified.

The delay is getting to the point where the games immersion is being wrecked, because the details of the game are being forgotten and can't do anything with my savegame to continue or explore the game further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:27 pm 

With the past week iPhone 0S 3 update, and a new navigation application (1,65 Gb) released on the store, I suppose they prefer waiting a bit before releasing such large update. I suppose it will appear in less than a week (more and more likely as time passes :-))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

It does take ridiculously long... It's just an update, Apple! Or do they actually think Cyan hid something illegal in the update? :roll:

I hope the update will be available soon for people like Zirjin. It must be frustrating not being able to continue the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:30 pm 

It's taken longer now for this patch to be approved than the game itself.

Fortunately, I've only spotted two reviews that are relevant to the bugs brought on by 3.0, so the damage through reviews due to this huge delay are, at this point, minimal.

Apple totally needs to rework their review process, because this kind of delay can ruin business for the sellers. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:31 am 

Still nothing, I am guessing I don't get to play until next week. :(

I do wonder why Apple don't have dual approval lines. The first line being as it is now. The second line costing lets say $100 for the sake of argument but it has fast approval for resellers who want it.

That way, bugs that are hurting customers and therefore hurting sales, can be paid to be fixed asap.

But people who are just releasing updates such as the episodic content or free content, who are happy to wait the long approval process, can still be approved for free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

Day 24!
Myst version 1.1.3: Still in review.
This is frustrating.

I have read on the iPhone developer's forum that Apple has been deluged with iPhone update submissions because of the upgrade to iPhone OS 3.0. And that it may take upwards of a month to get an update approved (dang!)

We are sorry that the update is taking so long to get to you. We have sent emails to Apple and to people we know at Apple (I imagine that every person that works at Apple has at least gotten one email from an iPhone developer asking about their update submissions ;-) )

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Chogon for updating us on this, and Yes, it's VERY frustrating! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:07 pm 

I've gotten two 3.0 updates for one of my apps. It was for the MLB.com Live app. I suspect they have some sort of priority system for big big companies like that one. (Here's some money. Approve our update now.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:30 am 

Chogon wrote:
+ Maze runner - get stuck and can't get out or back

Hello. I picked up Myst a few days ago and have enjoyed playing it. What a great game.

I'm not sure if the update has been released yet. I'm running iPhone 3.0 on 3Gs and Myst version 1.0.1. I'm in the spaceship age and I think I'm in the maze runner section (where the little ship is on rails going all over the place). I was mapping my journey and noting the sounds (I'm assuming that's how you solve this puzzle), but something happened and I'm stuck and can't get out.

In case it helps to know my path, I went:
N, W, N, E, E, S, S, SE (which at the end of that said I was going south), SW to dead end.

Now from the SW dead end I can only go a single path of NE then N which leads to a dead end all of a sudden. Back and forth, stuck with no other route.

I suppose I'll have to start back at my last bookmark which was a couple of hours of playing ago. Bummers...

Thanks for listening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is a bug that is addressed in the update which has not yet been released . . . it has been "in review" for a long time so hopefully any minute now ;) when it is . . . . you will be able to get out.
BTW:
[spoiler]that last turn you have on your list should be W that's the same error that many made and got stuck![/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

Update 1.1.3 has been approved! And should be available shortly depending on how fast it gets propagated to the Apple servers.

Finally! Whew.

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am downloading it now so it's in and available YAY! Bout time! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:40 pm 

I'm downloading it now too, thanks for letting us know.

Now I can continue with my exploration of the ages. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:50 am 

Unfortunately once I upgraded, it no longer works. It shows the loading graphic of the Myst island but then exits the app. I am running iPhone OS 3.

When I get home later, I will try reinstalling Myst.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next