It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Is the Great King (Ahlsendar) alive?
A. Yes i am waiting for him 21%  21%  [ 9 ]
B. Maybe yes 33%  33%  [ 14 ]
C. Maybe no 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
D. No, only in your dreams 37%  37%  [ 16 ]
Did you say Gallactica ? I am not a cylon, am i ? 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 43
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:42 pm 

King Ahlsender... indeed he was buried there.

But then, we don't exactly know where Phil was when he was talking... or what has happened in D'ni since the Fall.

I have my own opinions on this. I do not believe he was speaking of King Ahlsender. He was, in my opinion, speaking of A king. For all of our sakes, I pray he does not return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:16 pm 

@ Marcus Wheeler , we know where Phil was standing when he said those words
http://drcarch.thecitadel.nl/communicat ... kidnapped/
read carefully the log in this link.He was beneath the guild hall.
IC speaking imagine King Ahlsendar (Great King) return 8) .Did i change your mind? :wink:
@Voizod that is a good theory of what happen to the Great King.
For the questions you made i can say something.
1st question was :
""The Question I have is next to impossible to answer is Just how the 3 types of linking actualy work?
With the quantom element involved, (if you change or add something to a discriptive book ) you will link to
the age witht he changed properties you just wrote in, BUT it will NOT be the same age but a differant age
with the changed properties in it and also a possible changed, differant reality/dimention (quantom part)
"

As far as i understand due to the digging in books all these years you can make slight changes to the descriptive book without changing where it links.(i mean the same world , the same reality).If you cross a line to the writing , then it is true that you link to a different Age (which seems as the first one) but its different due to the quantum theory of the game.
2nd question was :
"say I wrote a discriptive book a week ago (7 days ago / 2010). I link to it a see a volcano eurpting
in a far distance you feel the ground tremble etc. you see native people running here and there scared etc.
Then you link back (but first hiding a linking book to D'ni) You link back and put the book on the shelf forgetting
about it for a decade or so.
Now the year is 2020 and you take the discriptive book your wrote 10 years ago off the shelf and open it
to the linking panel page... With what was said about linking, When I link through will I
arrive back in the age in that same spot in 'time' and finish watching the volcano eurpt and see people
running all over the place like I did before when I linked there for the first time? "

My answer is no: what we know until now is (par example Riven) is that life will continue all this years in the Age , and you will not link to the same "time" spot, you will just link 10 years later. But who knows what Art of writing is capable to achieve ,maybe we need to discuss that possibility in this way: Can someone write a descriptive book which gives him the ability to link back and forth in time in a specific Age? 8)
Finally you wrote :
" Everyone who has fallin into the Star Fissure is caught in this quantom leap or 'River' as Yeesha puts it. "
As for this read my opinion about what is Star Fissure in this post:
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 298#225298
Fissure for me is a link back to the place where the descriptive book was first created
And finally how can someone create a fissure? :lol: hehe But ofcourse writing small changes to the Descriptive book , that make the Age a little bit unstable (that why we have a crack ).Remember Riven's fissure? It was like a vacuum cleaner thats why also we have remants of Riven near Cleft (skeleton of a Wahrk the big fish, or the telescope of Riven or in Myst 5 the big knife in the crater) 8)
Its better to continue the discussion about Fissure there at the above post.

Greece Ki # 117119

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:30 pm 

We need more voting....lol

Greece Ki # 117119

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:42 pm 

hey.. what about us who think he was a false great king?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:28 pm 

You are free to believe whatever you want..lol but....
HE WILL RETURN lol

Greece Ki # 117119

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2