It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Heritage Night
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:11 pm 

(I just submitted this to the Guild of Messengers' calendar. I don't know how long it will take to pop up there but I'm posting it on this and the UO forums as well. Please spread the word; we want as many people as possible!)

"Heritage Night" is an opportunity for explorers who did not get to participate in the events of Gametap's MOUL to live out those events by proxy through the words and stories of explorers who were there. Each Tuesday afternoon at 4:00pm KI Time in Carl Palmner's Bevin (with some "field trips" to other areas), a portion of the Gametap-MOUL story will be told by the host, beginning with the return of explorers to the cavern after the hiatus that followed Prologue, detailing the important events of the Restoration, the Bahro Civil War, and the actions of central figures like Douglas Sharper and Dr. Watson that culminated in Yeesha's rescue of the explorers and their subsequent exodus from the cavern. The event will also include a complementary Marker game related to the events of the day's story chapter.

While this event is meant primarily for explorers who were unable to participate in the "MOUL" story, all exporers are welcome and after the "storytelling" segment of the event there will be a general discussion in which "Gametap veterans" will have the chance to share their own anecdotes with newer folks. The event is managed by Carl Palmner (KI# 237576), who will also serve as host for at least the first two nights (with the possibility of others acting as host at later dates).

EDIT: Starts on NOVEMBER 16th! Sorry I forgot to say that--my apologies to anyone who showed up last Tuesday.

Last edited by Carl Palmner on Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:00 pm 

This is a fantastic idea and I'm honestly shocked it hasn't been done before.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject: Re: Heritage Night
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:25 pm 

Carl Palmner wrote:
"Heritage Night" [...] in Carl Palmner's Bevin [...]

Oh the irony...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:59 pm 

approved on GoMe site and Updated the Cavern Events KiMail

Post subject: Re: Heritage Night
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:18 am 

Paradox wrote:
Carl Palmner wrote:
"Heritage Night" [...] in Carl Palmner's Bevin [...]

Oh the irony...

Eh? You lost me there...

Thanks guys! Hopefully we'll have a good turnout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:47 am 

Sorry, I was referring to the Bevin naming confusion.

Bevin was the first neighbourhood opened to Authorized Explorers in 2002. It is not the D'ni word for "Neighbourhood", nor are all neighbourhoods instances of Bevin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Good point, Paradox, but on the other hand, it's appropriate in light of the fact that this event will focus on the GameTap era when this was commonplace. Perhaps one night we can tell the story of the Bevin Objection event organized by vid on the Great Stairs in Sept 2007. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:10 pm 

@ Paradox--True, although I am not sure how that's irony in this context. At any rate, since this is the name in common usage now, I am happy to go along with it.

@ Everyone--If possible I'd like to have one more assistant for this event. I need someone who, like those of us organizing this thing, were around for most of the Gametap events. The person DOESN'T need to have been a major contributor to the story or even have a perfect memory of all the stuff that happened--it's enough merely to have been someone who was registered and relatively active for most of the Gametap days. So if anyone is interested in volunteering, please let me know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:10 pm 

I am afraid I will not be able to make any of the tueday evening events. I was not able to participate in the first incarnation of Uru, and have been interested in the story. Is this history written down somewhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:06 pm 

cedward1 wrote:
I am afraid I will not be able to make any of the tueday evening events. I was not able to participate in the first incarnation of Uru, and have been interested in the story. Is this history written down somewhere?

Perhaps chat logs could be posted of the Heritage Night discussions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:40 pm 

I will post chat logs, yes.

It is looking like a lot of people who want to come have time conflicts. I will probably look into doing repeats at other times--perhaps Saturday evenings for example. If we end up doing it on 2 different nights each week, the second will basically be a "repeat" of the first, covering the same material. I'll think about this and perhaps implement it--for now, count on Heritage Night happening at least once a week, on Tuesdays.

Post subject: I'd love to come by
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:01 am 

I played a minor role in part of the Cavern experience, and I'd love to share a bit of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:33 am 

Reteltee, we'd love to have you! I was actually hoping I could invite you to be a kind of special guest when we cover the "Familiar Voices" episode, since that was when all the Guild stuff happened, if I remember correctly. I'm sure people would love to hear about your experiences with the DRC :D

BTW, sorry for any confusion--the first night is THIS COMING Tuesday, November 16th. I made that clear in some places but not here. Very sorry to anyone who showed up last Tuesday. I've updated the post now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:41 am 

This sounds very interesting, I will definately try and make it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:53 pm 

Carl Palmner wrote:
Reteltee, we'd love to have you! I was actually hoping I could invite you to be a kind of special guest when we cover the "Familiar Voices" episode, since that was when all the Guild stuff happened, if I remember correctly. I'm sure people would love to hear about your experiences with the DRC :D

BTW, sorry for any confusion--the first night is THIS COMING Tuesday, November 16th. I made that clear in some places but not here. Very sorry to anyone who showed up last Tuesday. I've updated the post now.

Sounds great! Keep me posted, and I'll try to be there on Tuesday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next