It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:05 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:38 am 
Obduction Backer

tanshin wrote:
lteyn63 wrote:
I was actually in the fun house this evening. There were about 7 other people there and the chat was all in French. At first I wondered whether there was a translation Bot there, which was translating what everyone else said, so I asked if everyone was speaking French and my chat was in English. Very peculiar.

Nothing much was happening so I left. However I noticed a strange glitch when I was in the community room in third person view. My avatar left the room but the camera view didn't, so I was kind of trapped in the room until I switched to first person, at which point I was outside the room.

They were likely talking in native French. If you'd like them translated for you take a look here: http://uru.orangehairedboy.com/babelbot/

Thanks, Tanshin. I did know about orangehaired boy bot. But as I was in the Fun House I wondered at first if that was the 'fun' for the day, i.e. the hack du jour. That they'd somehow got it so everyone's chat got automatically translated. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just say - Yeah!!! We need more Bots haha... The somewhere proposed undo and reset
functions/options also seem to be quite appropriate to eliminate any fears and uncertainties
and thus increasing the fun... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

lteyn63 wrote:
Thanks, Tanshin. I did know about orangehaired boy bot. But as I was in the Fun House I wondered at first if that was the 'fun' for the day, i.e. the hack du jour. That they'd somehow got it so everyone's chat got automatically translated. :D

Now that would be funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

tanshin wrote:
lteyn63 wrote:

Now that would be funny!

Sacre bleu!
Oy vey!
Ayayayayay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:53 pm 

I've no idea how workable this is; maybe add an extra function to KI to handle these commands? So you can access it from anywhere in the fun house?

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

It would be possible. Considering we already have one bot in the cavern (OHBot) that interacts with external information I would imagine that it'd be easy to interpret chat commands and use them to run scripts (which OHBot essentially does).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2