It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:40 am 

I played it a few times on D'mala with my sister... It was awesome but the bugs were frustrating. That the Nexus at the end was so buggy was a shame, but at least that didn't prevent you from playing the game. More frustrating was the fact that sometimes blockers showed up where they weren't supposed to show up. It happened a couple of times that I couldn't win, because the finish was surrounded by blockers, even though my sister said she was sure she left a gap. It happened to her a few times as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:29 pm 

I finally found the time to look through my video footage of the many happy hours spent on D'Mala and in MOUL.
I created this Uru Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Urubotv

Of interest to this topic is my footage of climbing the training wall: setting the blockers, getting the maintainer suit on, the actual climbing, arriving in Maintainer Nexus, and then linking back to control room.
Other videos deal with just walking around the Wall Chamber and the Maintainer Nexus.

The footage is originally in standard definition, but as you will see, I have placed the original footage in an HD environment.
The footage was transferred from my graphics card (don't remember which) in my PC (long gone), either by S-VHS or YUV to a high-end digital converter, and edited in Final Cut Pro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:04 pm 

this might be all that's left of a working training wall unless someone gets it working again someday...

this is the first i've ever seen action on the wall for myself. thank you for providing this. i could only just visualize before. the way it looks and works is more clear now. and the controls make more sense too. you have a new subscriber too. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:44 pm 

With the source out there, what are the chances of someone who's good with PhysX and Plasma being able to fix this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:06 pm 

GoW were going to rip things like PhysX and Direct X out at one stage and replace them with alternatives(I assume that is still the plan). Everything in an application is fixable given enough time. What priority fixing the wall has is a better question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:21 pm 

Jimbo wrote:
I finally found the time to look through my video footage of the many happy hours spent on D'Mala and in MOUL.
I created this Uru Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Urubotv

WOW! did that ever bring back some memories. Great videos. Thanks Jimbo.

I do not remember that much details but a couple of UU shards had it working some what, enough to play anyways. 8)

As the one really big re-play-able asset I too hope it can be de-bugged. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:44 pm 

The Wall's game logic (python) is completely neutered in MOUL. I'm not sure if the appropriate PRP data exists to make it work. I'll check it out at some point. Maybe after I recover from spending all day at the doctor's office.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:36 pm 

Hope everything is ok Adam?

Moul(A) Charura KI#00055400 Char Gearz KI#00706359 Cannon Belle KI#13686512 Teri Dactyl KI#12658065 Neana KI#12762144

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:46 am 

Everything is fine -- it was just an incredibly long wait and annoyingly hot (see my location for more details).

Back on the topic of the Gahreesen Wall, as far as I can tell, all of the PRP logic exists to make it work. Do not mistake that for meaning it would be an easy task. (Begin technical details) The Wall code from UU was insanely long and complicated and all of that has been nuked from MOUL. The messages have been changed a good bit, so I imagine that the old code might not work 100% now anyway. This isn't a project I would recommend for the faint-at-heart or new coders. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:32 am 

Cool... at least it is not totally off the table. 8)

Thanks for taking the time and sharing your insight. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:18 pm 

You guys have come so far, and Uru still has so much potential, It just needs to be unlocked.
One of the more advanced puzzles Uru has to offer is the Code for the Wall.
Every puzzle Cyan has come up with has always been figured out by the fans, with enough time and effort.
This one seems to be one of the more difficult puzzles, I don't know much but I do know you guys will figure it out sooner or later. If for no other reason then it stands as one of the few puzzle left unsolved. their has been a few who have got it working but to this day it has not been seen on a Live version of Uru since the UU days (that I know of)

:twisted: The Wall Code Remains unsolved, like a mountain who's peak has never been reached. It taunt all those who come close. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:06 pm 

/methinks that sounds more like a personal challenge in disguise Karkadann...

what better way to rally our determined code savvy tech professionals into action?

get em boys !! tackle the wall!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 pm 

The Barho Made me do it....... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:06 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Nice to see this thread revived!

As regards the Wall, I can just see the Miller brothers playing this game as children (see pic below). The Gahreesen Wall is essentially a glorified version of MindMaze.

Click here for more information.

Mowog

Last edited by Mowog on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 am 

Mowog wrote:
Nice to see this thread revived!

As regards the Wall, I can just see the Miller brothers playing this game as children (see pic below). The Gahreesen Wall is essentially a glorified version of MindMaze.

Mowog

Do you think its worth the trouble? Mowog . Maybe the Fans can pick up where Cyan left off thats the idea behind Open Source is it not. The Myst community has been hmm fiddling around with the Uru CC for some time now unofficially, all the programs available for Uru CC have helped maintained its popularity threw the years and allowed the Myst community to contribute in a big way. How many other Games have such a large and varied following, How many other games attract all kinds of people from all walks of life to just hang out goof off and have fun

It may never become what it was originally destine for but this is our opportunity to show Cyan what we can do, show them they did the right thing and that releasing open source what the best thing they could have done show them it was the right decision. Its our turn now, what happens to Uru Live is up to us the fans

We can Make it better then it has ever been before, blaze new trails. one day people will look back and say "wow those Wild programmers really knew their stuff"

Last edited by Karkadann on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next