It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ahnonay's Missing Parts
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

At the end area of Ahnonay you can get to a pod room with the final cloth, you can also, in MOUL, walk out onto a long balcony to the glowing shell symbol. If you look back to the pod it looks like it just hangs onto the rock itself, and that there is nothing below the pod, almost like it could break off and fall easily.

For MOUL, they added that exterior part of the pod, since you could now walk out there and see it from that perspective. But they didn't make its supporting structure visible from close up.

(These pictures will be from the MOUL version of Ahnonay, the converted version for CC by Drizzle and by using flymode. Not from on the MOULa server.)

Okay, here's a side view of the pod, still fairly close, you can see the inside area, and the tunnel leading to the chair goes into the rock itself.

[spoiler]url removed (see mod note)[/spoiler]

If you get a bit different of a perspective farther away and hit the correct angle the inside of the hut is invisible but the support structure becomes visible.

[spoiler]url removed (see mod note)[/spoiler]

That looks a lot more stable! It has gears and weight, with the pod resting on a holder. Granted, it would be hard to see most of this from the shell balcony since the path itself would be in the way, but I still think it would have been cool if they made that become visible from there...

So, did anyone know about this before? I don't think most people do, so it seemed too cool a design to not point out.

*Mod note: Url removed - 7/20/11 -
see
Forum Policy # I

Last edited by Ehren on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:52 am 

That second picture is really fascinating. From the position of the gears and counterweights it looks like the entire pod structure can pivot forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

I seem to remember seeing a piece of concept art, pre PoTS, that looked like the walkway and had the little details on the bottom so I'm guessing that they may have been intended from the beginning but was cut pack in PoTS. That said I don't think anyone ever saw this in game so good show. I wonder if it would be possible at some point to have that section always visible from the balcony?

so you think I'd understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:06 am 

I love seeing pictures like this. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

These are intriguing. Very nice find!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

###

Last edited by Ehren on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:14 pm 

You got an explanation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Meh, not much of one. If these pictures are bad, then what about all the other pictures on the forum posted with fly mode or similar things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

###

Last edited by Ehren on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:16 am 

Ehren wrote:
Enzan wrote:
You got an explanation.

I most certainly did not.

The mod who edited you post made this comment on the bottom:
Quote:
*Mod note: Url removed - 7/20/11 -
see Forum Policy # I

It's a valid explanation to me. This is the text of Forum Rules 1:
Quote:
I. PIRACY - Discussions or links to discussions of anything pertaining to pirated materials, including the materials themselves, are not allowed.

HACKING MO:UL - As the plugins and code are released for MO:UL, discussions about the plugins and code are allowed for the purposes of learning and improving MO:UL, its variants (e.g., MORE, MO:ULagain, MO:UL Open Source), its plugins and its program code. The fine line here is if the discussion compromises Cyan's other products (e.g., Uru: Complete Chronicles, Hex Isle, MQO), which is not allowed (see below).

HACKING any other Cyan product - Discussions of or links to or the presenting of reverse engineering or exploits of any Cyan game (MO:UL and its variants expressly excepted) are not allowed. This includes tools used for the modifying of or distributing of copyrighted materials such as game executables, game data and game code.

CRACKING - Discussions of or links to or the presenting of exploits, especially malicious in nature, are not allowed for any Cyan game, including MO:UL in any of its forms.

COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS – Posting of copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder is not allowed. Links to copyrighted material should only be to the copyright holder of that material or a sanctioned holder.

I guess images were removed because they come from Uru:CC

Post subject: Use of someone else's ID
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:39 am 

@ Leonardo,

Quote:
COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS – Posting of copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder is not allowed. Links to copyrighted material should only be to the copyright holder of that material or a sanctioned holder.

Did you check at the bottom of Ehren first post in this thread ?

It says:
""Last edited by Ehren on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total""
and I suspect that Ehren, like me, did not edit his own post.(done by a mod or a trick from one of the grey hats ?)

See links to two edited posts not done by me. Do you see the pattern ?
1- http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 027#374027
2- http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 033#374033

Our names are, also, kind of copyright material, especially when permission was not given to use them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:20 pm 

I'm not interested in your cospiracy ideas. I was not repling to you.
I replied to Ehren who was asking for an explanation, and I linked explicitly the explanation of the Mod.

Also, if you want to notice, the mod was done the same day that this thread was created, while the Edit that you are quoting was done yesterday. There isn't a cospiracy under every move that you don't like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:21 pm 

Leonardo wrote:
I'm not interested in your cospiracy ideas.

Also, if you want to notice, the mod was done the same day that this thread was created, while the Edit that you are quoting was done yesterday. There isn't a cospiracy under every move that you don't like.

You do not have "all the inside informations". So I have two suggestions for you...

1- Anybody who does not like what I write can put me on his ignore list. (like I will do for you in a few minutes)
2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FtCarB6zw4&feature=related

Done: Leonardo Is On Your Ignore List.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Here's the problem... I've been in this thread after 7/20 and I can definitely say the pictures were still there. How do I know? On the day this was posted I came in and took a look, and nobody else responded. The first response to the thread was on 7/25 indicating that the pictures were still there. I later posted on 7/26, when the pictures were still there, as I was genuinely intrigued by them. At some point between 12:30 and 2:10 (according to the posts), the pictures were removed. The edit note says 4:09 AM... which doesn't make sense.

And if the mods did edit it on 7/20, then why is it only showing one edit in total, unless somebody edited the post in a database.

While the topic is covering Uru:CC, it never discussed how one is to install Drizzle and use fly mode to take the pictures. My interpretation of the Drizzle mention is that it was a disclaimer so people wouldn't say "How do I find this in MOUL!!!!111???" Had this line not been in the post, would it have been known to have used Drizzle? Perhaps Ehren got lucky and snapped a picture at the perfect moment while in the chair ride.

It's a little frustrating when people are making interesting discoveries in the game, and then such discoveries are then removed with little to no explanation, and us users are left to figure it out. And as far as I'm concerned, those rules can only be loosely applied to this scenario.

EDIT: For the record, the edits on this post up to this point in time were done by me.

Last edited by tanshin on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

tanshin wrote:
Here's the problem... I've been in this thread after 7/20 and I can definitely say the pictures were still there. And if the mods did edit it on 7/20, then why is it only showing one edit in total, unless somebody edited the post in a database.

Then the mod made a mistake, and put down the wrong date. The reason is the same, and is valid, *I* was surprised the entire thread wasn't nuked - after all, its specifically talking about Drizzle and Flymode - And nuking the pictures made the thread generally useless...