It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:32 pm 

tanshin wrote:
Here's the problem... I've been in this thread after 7/20 and I can definitely say the pictures were still there. And if the mods did edit it on 7/20, then why is it only showing one edit in total, unless somebody edited the post in a database.

That is a question you could ask RAWA since we do not know who is the mod who edited my two posts (for example). He seems to have extra powers. (like being able to control Cyan people at will).

@ kaelisebonrai

I took the precaution of taking screenshoots of the posts that were "manupulated" in case threads are "nuked". :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

imo it would have been better to remove the thread and then send Ehren a clear explanation of why it was. Sadly, the way this was handled has left us to bicker and figure things out ourselves. Not really the best way to handle things... And in the end, look what happened? Thread got ruined and now people are on ignore lists for reasons I cannot fathom.

It is still extremely convenient for the mod note to be put down as the 20th when the pictures were removed on the 26th, a day after the thread became active. To me it seems more like the thread should have been edited from the start, but it wasn't, and now they were trying to cover up their mistake. But it's all conspiracy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:00 pm 

I just love how a stupid link gets removed and everyone throws their toys out of the playpen, but when whole threads get nuked, no one gives two... well... I'm really not at liberty to say.

Also, I has all the inside informations. For the good of all. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

That would probably be because now we have evidence that we can see and ponder... if a thread is removed then it's gone and people will generally accept it with a feeling of hopelessness (nobody will try to continue the discussion for fear of that being removed as well).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

tanshin wrote:
That would probably be because now we have evidence that we can see and ponder... if a thread is removed then it's gone and people will generally accept it with a feeling of hopelessness (nobody will try to continue the discussion for fear of that being removed as well).

Except we have commented. Loudly. And Ehren was one of the ones defending the problems. Like that little incident with Hoikas and Luna - Ehren didn't think it was an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

It has come to my attention that mod edits will show up as the user who made the post... which puts a whole new spin on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

and a forum moderator was attempting to do good by this? seems to have had the opposite effect...
... is it so bad to just leave well enough alone sometimes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Mah observations:

1) Tanshin is correct: all post edits automatically show up as being by the post's author; I don't know if it's possible for a moderator to alter that or not, but I suppose that's the reason they include their little note.

2) You're all correct in claiming that the url-removal did NOT take place on the 20th as indicated by the mod's note, but that could have just been a typo by the moderator. Perhaps they were allowed to remain as long as they did while a moderator consulted with RAWA or Chogon to make a final decision. I don't know why the thread is being allowed to remain active at this time unless, once again, another decision is being awaited.

3) We're all breaking Forum Policy VII. MODERATION DISPUTES - In the event of a problem or a question arising concerning a moderation action, any and all inquiries must take place by PM or email. Posting of moderation issues and disputes on the forum, or reposting a deleted topic is not allowed.

Just saying'... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sometimes I wonder how moderators make these decisions. Do they consult with Cyan or each other or take the initiative themselves?

Quote:
We're all breaking Forum Policy VII. MODERATION DISPUTES

That's too bad... :P

Really though, by the way the rules are written, posting those images was in violation of the rules. Removing them was done through literal interpretation of the rules. There are problems in granting leeway but I wonder what harm was being done by posting an interesting and astute observation using those methods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
Sometimes I wonder how moderators make these decisions. Do they consult with Cyan or each other or take the initiative themselves?

A Mod PM i recieved on May 21, 2011.
Mod wrote:
As I'm sure you're aware, what people consider to be "offensive" here can run a pretty wide gamut. Some things are pretty clear cut, others are a bit grey. With the grey ones, the unwritten policy here is "If no-one complains, then let it ride; if it gets a report, take it out". So there's your benchmark (FWIW) - "Does it seem probable that this would get reported?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

semplerfi wrote:
Main_Avvie wrote:

A Mod PM i recieved on May 21, 2011.
Mod wrote:
As I'm sure you're aware, what people consider to be "offensive" here can run a pretty wide gamut. Some things are pretty clear cut, others are a bit grey. With the grey ones, the unwritten policy here is "If no-one complains, then let it ride; if it gets a report, take it out". So there's your benchmark (FWIW) - "Does it seem probable that this would get reported?"

So, then the images might have been reported (don't see how that could have offended anyone) and a moderator was obliged to respond. Otherwise, I'd imagine the images fall firmly into "grey area" in which case they would still be there provided this correspondence may be used as adequate benchmark in this instance.

To me it would be preferable that if a moderator notices a possible violation that it be practice to consult with at least any two other moderators for second opinions on what action may be taken, if any. just to get a consensus. provided that this is not what is done already. would probably be best as standard practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:27 pm 

Different times, different moderators, different rules. :wink:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3471054943/m/5201044824?r=4561012924#4561012924

Btw, I am one who hit the report button to ask if flymode images had been "re-allowed" and I now guess that they saw this as a request for image deletion.

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Artic_Wagon wrote:

Different Forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

For once, the moderators are doing the job right, and you're attacking them? The posted images violated the forum rules, so they were removed. Now where was this outrage for when I got removed from the explorers group by veralun?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:43 pm 

AdamJohnso wrote:
Now where was this outrage for when I got removed from the explorers group by veralun?

In my case, I was not aware about this. Maybe your posts were deleted b4 I had a chance to read them and never saw one saying that you were removed from the explorers group in an offhand manner.