It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: CAVCON awareness party
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:28 pm 

Shorah Explorers,

With the recent news that the CAVCON index has been wrong almost since the beginning some of us have started wondering what could be done to increase again its level.

It was from a proposal by our fellow explorer Gahlen, that we had this idea: make a big party!

From the information we have, many of the regular explorers in the cavern have no idea of the current situation and some of them don't even know that MystOnline is funded solely by fan donations. So we think that there is a big part of our community that is not donating because they have no idea that they can.

From here we got the idea of a big "CAVCON awareness Party" and in the meantime we thought we could also increase explorer awareness of the various Guilds and other community groups. The Guild of Messengers is planning the party in collaboration with other Guilds and D'niJs.

We are trying to make this a 24 hour party which will take place on Friday October 21st, where the D'niJs will stream music and members of the Guilds and other indivisuals will distribute informations about the CAVCON and the many Guilds of D'ni.

We have already gotten collaboration from the major D'niJs of the community, like Donahoo, Lord Chaos and Dichromus, and also from the Guild the Writers, the Guild of Sleepers and the Guild of Healers.

The organization is still going on and everyone is welcome to help us in any way, posting their thoughts and ideas in our Party thread or directly in this thread. We are still missing a location for the party, some hours of music streaming are not covered, and we would also like to organize some activities along with the dances and talks.

So participate with us to organize the biggest party in years for MOUL!

Date of the event: Friday October 21st (all day)

The Guild of Messengers
~ serving the community ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:37 pm 

Credit where credit is due: the party was Kaelis' idea in response to a discussion on the GoMe forum which was Leo's idea, which in turn was a response to my mail to Leo which was actually adi's idea, and I ... made a two-minute impromptu announcement about the CAVCON in the City one evening.

I'm looking forward to the party. I think it's a great idea, and kudos to the GoMe for organizing it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:49 pm 

Leonardo wrote:

Hopefully the server will remain available for 8 more days...I'm in....I'm just glad it wasn't scheduled for 12/21...but that's another story!

Moul(A) Charura KI#00055400 Char Gearz KI#00706359 Cannon Belle KI#13686512 Teri Dactyl KI#12658065 Neana KI#12762144

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:26 am 

Leonardo, may I suggest you quote times in KI time? that way we all speak the same time zone.
A guide to comparing time zones & KI time can be found here

EDIT - I'll take the 13:00 - 18:00 (UTC) time slot (that is, I'll start at 13:00 and end at 19:00)
If someone wants a slot, I don't mind dropping to 3 hours instead of 6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:22 pm 

Yes GMT is convenient for me, as I live in the UK, but I had no idea UTC was GMT ... I had to look it up.
It must be doubly confusing for those outside of UK.

I try to use KI for in-cavern events as then we just check our KI's and we all sync to the same time. There is no need to explain the time zone.
I find it easier .. but maybe I am alone in that.

Last edited by Alien on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:22 pm 

UTC is definitely an international standard, if you don't know your offset from UTC/GMT, its much easier to find and use than your offset from KI Time.

KI Time is not in any way shape or form a standard. =P fiery abyss, it doesn't even use the correct DST Rules. =/

KI Time is a right pain to figure out the conversion for for me, and I know others have issues with it, too >.<

EDIT: Whoops. Alien posted while I was posting, sorry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:29 pm 

kaelisebonrai wrote:
UTC is definitely an international standard, if you don't know your offset from UTC/GMT, its much easier to find and use than your offset from KI Time.

KI Time is not in any way shape or form a standard. =P fiery abyss, it doesn't even use the correct DST Rules. =/

KI Time is a right pain to figure out the conversion for for me, and I know others have issues with it, too >.<

EDIT: Whoops. Alien posted while I was posting, sorry!

If you have trouble comparing KI time to your time, may I suggest this :
A guide to comparing time zones & KI time can be found here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:08 pm 

The Myst Movie Fan Core Hood is always open for a party to host. We'd be honored to host the event next week. I might even be able to do some music for an hour or so during the event if it's needed, just let me know.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:10 pm 

Charura wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

Hopefully the server will remain available for 8 more days...I'm in....I'm just glad it wasn't scheduled for 12/21...but that's another story!

lol! I think you're a year off though. Mayans, oh what wonders they could have accomplished if they had only had Uru Live... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:28 pm 

Trekluver, thank for your offer. I can't tell you yes or no right now, because Hoikas offered some Gray Hats magic for the party, if it really happens we will need to have the party in one of the Ages of the Guild of Illusions.

What do you all think about Eder Tsogahl? I've never seen a party there. But maybe it's too little for this party.

I would like to announce that we are looking for "reference people", that is: since the party should be 24 hours, it's very unlikely I will be online for all the time. So I'm looking for other people to help coordinate the event when I'm not online. Tasks include: KIMails sharing, welcoming people, make sure everything goes smoothly and the schedule is followed.

Please consult the table in the first post of the GoMe thread to know which time slots are not covered.
You can post here or there or PM me to volunteer for helping.

I am also adding a new column to the table for Activities, for whom may want to organize some activities to have along with the music. :)

Post subject: Dmr Participation ....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:44 pm 

Hello Leo and everyone
The DMR would be more than happy to participate and broadcast music please tell us the spots available and we will be there !....Christine and Mouski

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:17 pm 

Great Christine!
I've been trying to get in touch with you thru Musica.
This is the table of all our organization, times are expressed in UTC, to get KiTime subtract 6 hours: http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/for ... ness-party

I would suggest, if is possible for you, to take the central hours (i.e. before Alien)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:35 pm 

That's perfectly fine Leonardo, just let me know. In my opinion Tosgal is not a good choice because it is rather difficult to get to for most people. I'd opt for either a hood or some GreyHat tricks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:31 pm 

Trekluver wrote:
That's perfectly fine Leonardo, just let me know. In my opinion Tosgal is not a good choice because it is rather difficult to get to for most people. I'd opt for either a hood or some GreyHat tricks. :)

Why do you say Tsogal is hard to get to?

1. Go to the designated 'hood for the party
2. Use the Tsogal book there
3. ...
4. Profit!

Instanced cities DO require GreyHat tricks because clicking on the Bahro stone in a neighborhood does not work the same as clicking on one of the books... (oh hey, now that the game is open source and all that, has someone submitted a fix for that?) but there should be no problem for the Tsogal book.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next