It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Annabelle's Info Central
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:03 am 

Hello everyone,

Here is a topic that will keep you inform on a regular basis of what I'm working on or what is done. I'll update it.

Quests Releases:

1st Release: The Magnificent City (released) ask Annabelle #3632553 for the quests

2nd Release: Buggaros, Fissure & Spheres (released) ask Annabelle for the quests

3rd Release: The Grandiose Journey (released on December 4th, 2011) ask Annabelle for the quests

4th Release: Into Darkness (released on December 11th, 2011) ask Annabelle for the quests

5th Release: name TBD - this release has been moved in the 5th position - I should begin working on it after the 4th release.

6th Release: name TBD - this release has been moved in the 6th position - No work planned yet

7th Release: name TBD - this release has been pushed in the 7th position - I'll work on it for the next few days then before going mad, I'll work on the easier 5th release :D

Any pictures?

I'm working on this matter these days. I'll post some pictures of the released quests. I won't put 2,000 pictures just a few by releases.

Quests to rework?

Mouski told me about a problem in one of my quests. As soon as I find time, I'll make the correction to it. It's a minor thing.

Future plans?

Sure! You think I'll stop after 150 quests :lol: . I have other nice projects in my head :D

Last edited by Annabelle on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:50 am 

An explorer told me by KI-mail about some different ways to enter or to exit the HoK aka Hall of Kings (for those not familiar, it's the big round room with approximately 30 bookstands of which 85% being occupied by books in city.)

Let me quote that explorer (I'll keep their identity private thought)

The explorer said:

Quote:
Just to let u know there is a second elevator in the HoK by the front door at Palace Alcove

I do try to survey everything but most importantly I'm trying to make something nice out of it...

if I were to make a quest with all the possibilities in HoK, it would be simply an orgy of markers everywhere. If you look at all my quests that goes inside the HoK:

"The Belt's Heights Stretch", you won't see any visible markers but those for the elevator if you stand in the normal areas...

"Hall of Kings (Ae'gura Heights 1)", you won't...(idem)

"La jolie's Hall of Kings (Ae'gura Heights 5)", you won't...(idem)

and "Palace Courtyard (Ae'gura Heights 4)", you won't...(idem)

The particularities of my quests are:

they are precise
they are nicely made

So I have to weight on every spot of the way what should be the best. I do plan every marker. Nothing is improvised.

Let's continue...

The explorer wrote:

Quote:
Also a shortcut has been found at the top of the hill. You can jump from top into the HoK directly...

This is an example of the thing I'm avoiding. I knew this shortcut as I showed it to everyone that followed me there in the HoK.

Why then I didn't map it in my quests? Because it's unreliable. I don't do in approximation. If I cannot get 100% of the time, that's a bad sign. You might not know it but I know the exact height of every walls in every places I went. I have a elephant memory so if I consider a spot, let say the "HoK entrance", to be unreliable because of the configuration of the walls, I won't force you to get there.

Carrera came with an easier but longer, I admit, way to enter in the HoK but it's 100% reliable (at least for me which is a good sign) I took her stretch and use it in all my quests going throught this spot.

You can't imagine how much time I can spend placing 1 or 2 markers in some quests. If a marker has its center on a said pixel it's because I considered that having its centered on the pixel just beside wasn't a good idea.

-----------

I use their KI-mail as example of things people are telling me every week.

-----------

There might be easier ways or harder ways to reach the same things. You have "my" ways following my quests. Sometimes, I borrow from other explorers so they aren't completely mine but the vast majority are mine.

You can always share your own findings. I'm open. I don't consider holding the thruth.

Artmustel the other day impressed me with a shortcut that is so shortcut that I laughed out loud and was completely amazed when I did it. You should have see me spend hours trying to understand an impossible route that another skydiver did. Artmutsel with 5 markers (of which 4 was just to explain it) just demolished it completely :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:36 pm 

The 4th Release: Into Darkness is available :D

For those of you wondering if the 4th Release is my Christmas Gift :lol: ...no it's not :D

I have a Christmas Gift already planned in my head. I'll work on that in the following days, you'll see :D

An explorer asked me a question in PM , here it goes:

An explorer wrote:

Quote:
I have always had fits (a very big struggle) with combo jumps. ...(part skipped)... In the Magnificent Journey Guide you mention hardware as a reason people are not able to do combo jumps. What hardware and what is good versus bad in respect to combo jumps? Thanks for you help,

My answer:

To some explorers I already made a little demo of that with 2 avatars running on different computers, hardware is the prime reason why people CAN or CANNOT do combo jumps.

Lets take 2 avatars: Annabelle & La belle Anna.

If Annabelle is on the older computer, she can combo everywhere.

If La belle Anna is on the newer computer, she won't lift up BUT in crowed ages like public Ae'gura or the Fun House when there's events.

A combo has to be done in a SHARP corner between 2 planes (not always but 99% of the time, it can be done between 2 near columns).

Combos are just the "grabbing" effect your avatar has while jiggling between the 2 planes when jumping in the corner.

Theorically, we would be able to climb with any PC, problem is that with faster PC, the jiggling is too subtle to affect the "grabbing" effect so you just fall down in a split of a second and Human-machine answer time is far too long to overcome this subtility.

How can you overcome it then?

The equation has 2 variables: a human & a machine

1st obvious choice: slow down the machine with...

a) a slow down program like CPU killer which will send complex mathematical calculations to CPU in order to slow everything else.

b) a video caption program like FRAPS which will use a lot of CPU resources slowing down everything else.

c) a HUGE MONSTROUS marker quest, preferably made by you just beside the combo elevator. Between 500 and 1,500 markers should be enough. Note that there is a limit of quests but also of markers you can hold in your folders (but the incoming one) so plan wisely.

2nd choice: speed up the human :lol: with...

ahh forget that option :wink:

Post subject: Christmas Update
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:53 pm 

Ho Ho Ho explorers!

It's nearly Christmas Time and I'll take a long break.

I won't publish any new games before mid-february 2012.

...but before I take my break here some goodies:

1st) Updated quests from 1st & 2nd releases:

Swampy Teledahn: added 11 markers - new area mapped

Ferry Terminal (Greater Ferry): added 4 markers - new area mapped

Courtyard Heights (Ae'gura Heights 7): remapped a stretch and overall added 6 markers opening a new area for exploration

The Strip Mall (Ae'gura Heights 9): remapped a stretch, opened new area for exploration too (overall added 5 markers)

Ae'gura By-the-Lake (Greater Ferry): made a slight change inside 2 instructions

Library Hallway: reworked a small section, opened new areas (rather small but nice) for an overall 7 new markers

Annabelle's Phil's: added 16 markers opening new areas in that age

... but wait, there's more ...

2nd) New quests inside "Buggaros, Fissures & Spheres Journeys"

In "I Fell into the Fissure Journey":

I added a whole new quest for Relto age called: "Relto Revisited" made by Annabelle with 85 markers in it. It's really instructional but hard at the same time good luck :D

In "I ain't Afraid of Buggaros Journey":

I added a whole new quest called: "The Stump Great Descent" made by Annabelle-Sophie with 56 markers in it. It's a quest that I dreamed for a long-time. Going from 2nd level of the stump (where controls are and we are dumped by bucket) to the pipe down below avoiding both ladders.

I hate ladders :wink: and the lower one of the two there was the last one I didn't "conquer" yet, it's a done thing now :D

... but wait, there's even more...

3rd) The Magic of Christmas

I contacted Mother Christmas in North Pole and I requested her a quest. She asked me what I would love to see in it. I said: "Well...all things around Christmas you know...decorations, lights, gifts, tinsels, tree topper, trees". Then she asked me if there was such "trees" in the game. I said there are some pines in Relto, Phil's Relto, Sharper has one too. I also said to her that in some ages there were some other trees like in Ahnonay for the Terrose ones.

I sent her my recently published quests and she made a marvelous quest called: "The Magic of Christmas"

I tried it, it's real fun but real hard, you need to master combos for sure. I still wonder how she made them how she learned them :wink:

So for those who received my past releases you might see a surprise in your KI in next few days.

------

Another matter: Frozen KI issue

This isn't the kind of stuff we want to happen in Cavern. I'll do my best to fulfill all quests requests until WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 21st. After that, you'll have to wait until I return somewhere in January 2012.

We live 2 back-to-back eras of Frozen KI which is really bothering. Keep in mind that I'm trying my best here. Even just in between my avatars its a pain so...

Thanks

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:06 am 

An explorer in Cavern reported me last weekend (I think it was saturday) that there was a talk about a quest called "Annabelle's City Skydiving Routes" between many explorers in public Ae'gura earlier that same day.

To stop the guesses of explorers, I will tell you what this quest is all about and how I made it.

First thing:

This quest is not an official quest. It has no "welcoming" markers in it stating "Welcome to Annabelle's ..." like my official quests.

Second thing:

This quest is not playable at all. I made it under the Fun House Effects that last for over 18 hours. (BTW that's not my record, I stayed once under FH Effects for 36 hours straight, one of my PCs is very stable).

It's easy to see that there is something "strange" about it. When you open it, you will see that I started at a fixed height. Each "route" starts from the same height. That was a continuous length of jalak columns putted there by the Grey Hat in the Fun House's city instance to enable explorers to see the Bahro's Sanctuary up the hill.

As you know, once we have FH Effects, we can go wherever we want in the normal ages and still be under them. Exactly the way I managed to make that quest (Annabelle's City Skydiving Routes).

So in the end, why I shared that quest with explorers?

Just because it's a nice looking quest. It's like snow falling from the sky or a "marker" fall. I was just lucky and imaginative enough to come up with this idea and let me tell you that I had a lot of fun making it :D . I did skydive almost twice as much as "routes" you can see in this quest.

Let say that I had on that day a toy (high in the sky jalak columns) fitted for my interest :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:47 pm 

Hello,

It has been a long time since I didn't tell you my whereabouts.

At the question: "What is she up to these days?", the answer can be answered by few words: "Internal Corporate Reorganisation" & "Finishing up my 5th quest release"

1st) "Internal Corporate Reorganisation":

I went from an all time peak of 100 avatars to 77 avatars as of today. I deleted progressively nearly 25% of my avatars in the course of February.

Mostly, those avatars were created for purposes that today's reality makes them useless. But by far...the main reason is to cut on clothing & accessorising expenses. You wouldn't expect how much it costs to maintain 100 wardrobes these days! :lol: Anyway...they were my overhead. :wink:

Doing this exercise, I've began to do a deep analysis of what were holding my remaining 46 storage avatars, the numbers are very astonishing!

Total quests hold: 575 quests (and still all playable, I deleted almost 25 "stuck on loading" quests, thx to WhoM 1.1.2)

133 are...

Of these, 133 were made by other explorers. I tend to collect mostly Skydivers' stuff but I have some other type of quests too.

175 are...

My released quests (4 official releases for a total 98 quests released + 15 quests released for special purposes + 63 quests to be published in the 3 last official releases planned)

267 are...

My "working copies" quests. Those quests represent my explorations. I make them and use them to built my "released copies". Those quests are far from being polished. There's many "don't step/jump there!" markers. Since I never put description in those markers, I have to remember each hole. There are stored with an ingenious system.

For example, the quest called: "Ab WC Ae'gura Palace" tells me a lot of what I can expect opening that quest.

It stands for: "Annabelle's working copy in the age "D'ni-Ae'gura" when I explored the section around the Palace".

One day, I will try to open every quest to know the exact number of markers they each hold. I bet, I will come with an astronomic number around 25,000 markers in grand total.

I know the collisions in this game, no wonder with all the info I memorized from these explorations! Since 6 to 8 months, I mostly do all without markers just going by instinct on the collision walls.

For the ones who like to have the full figure:

77 avatars minus 46 storage avatars = 31 avatars.

My other 31 avatars are split in 2 equal groups: 15 avatars making all the released quests (including the 4 devoted for the special purposes quests) & 16 other purpose avatars (pellets, imagers' pictures, hub, testing, playing other explorers' quest, etc.)

So...yes I'm working like a little corporation! :D :lol:

2nd) "Finishing up my 5th quest release":

It's coming, it's just around the corner. Expect it during the next weekend. I still have 5 quests to complete...and a 17th quest to add to my 4th release "Into Darkness".

In grand total, I'll publish 24 quests: 1 quest to complete my 4th release and called: "Gahreesen Prison Area" and 23 quests in the 5th release.

If you attended the last Guilds' Fair Meeting, you have an idea. If not, just wait a little bit, I'll make an announcement before the end of this week to explain that 5th quest release fully.

See you in MOULa or other shards :D

Post subject: March 9th-10th Updates
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:16 am 

Hello everyone,

2 exciting news today

1st) The 17th quest of my 4th quest release: Into Darkness is now available.

It's called: "Gahreesen Prison Area". This quest made with Annabelle holds 98 markers.

It's by far, the HARDEST quest, I ever published yet! Be warned. That's not strange that I took that time after the official release of the 16 first quests in "Into Darkness" to come up with that quest.

Mouski, Christine & UGLYDOG can assess; they have all been there when I demonstrated "how easy the start is". It took me ONLY 1 hour and a half to make it to the 4th marker. The remaining is relatively easy and really an awesome experience!

2nd) Tomorrow, March 10th, 2012, my 5th quest release will be out to public

It's called: "The D'ni Cavern". Here's my press release, the GoMe can use that release if they want to:

PRESS RELEASE:

Annabelle’s 5th quest release: “The D’ni Cavern” is available starting on March 10th, 2012

You’ll travel inside all the Cavern’s most famous public ages: D’ni-Kirel, your Neighborhood, D’ni-K’veer, The Great Zero, and all the Pubs with my 23 brand new quests.

To the questions: “What’s behind that door?” visiting Kirel or “What’s beyond that curtain?” visiting a Pub, you’ll find the answer within my quests.

You want to visit the Kirel’s auditorium or light garden like you never expected it could be done? Try my quests.

My coverage is almost complete in all the above-mentioned ages.

Awesome discoveries are awaiting, take those journeys right now!

If you want my quests, ask me in PM on MOULa’s official forum or directly in-game sending a KI-mail to Annabelle (KI # 03632553)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:28 pm 

Please,

when you ask me for quests: tell me 2 to 3 infos on the PM or the Ki-mail you're sending to me.

mandatory 1st info: the release(s) or quest(s) you want. I have 118 quests to send out, I need to know

mandatory 2nd info: your KI number. Without it, I can't send quests.

optional 3rd info: your avatar's name

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:20 am 

Just to give you guys and gals a heads up... :D

All of what I promised in May's AGM (the 2nd release reworked and the 7th release), I won't be able to fullfill :lol: .

I have been through some hassles in the few days following that meeting and ...

...and I decided to change my priorities. I'm working on a project and I want to get this done real quick. You'll see me in Cavern and I'll be mostly silencious. I'm trying to get this done as fast as I can. I don't want to spend all the spring sunny days doing that!!!! I need sun like everyone else :wink: .

As soon as this project will be completed, all the promised releases will flood real quick and the "secret" project I'm working on too. 8)

Post subject: The Flood begins :)
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:44 pm 

Hello explorers,

I told you that when I would be ready things would be delivered all at once :D

Here's the schedule and what to expect:

1st) Re-release of my 1st release: The Magnificent City ----> Tuesday May 29th

I reworked 19 quests, add 2 brand new quests (1 of the 2 replace a broken quest).

2nd) Re-release of my 2nd release: Buggaros, Fissure & Spheres ----> Thursday May 31st

I reworked 1 quest, I already added 2 quests in the curse of the previous months and now I add 2 brand new quests (they replace a broken quest).

3rd) The long awaited 7th release: The Eders ---->POSTPONED

22 quests going from hard to hardcore (no easy level quests) inside the 4 eder ages :)

--------

Everything is done, everything is completed, I still have pictures & texts to finish up that's why the timeframe.

Last edited by Annabelle on Wed May 30, 2012 6:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: May 29th 2012 Update
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:35 am 

1st Release completed

Hello explorers!

The 1st Release: The Magnificent City, 36 quests in D'ni-Ae'gura is completed. I've posted a lot of pictures, around 55-60 showing the highlights (see the very first post of the thread)

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25216&highlight=

I sent my brand new quests: The New Spine & The Definitive Kahlo's Pub to explorers I had on my list.

______

IMPORTANT NOTICES:

1) sharing my quests

You can share my quests with buddies

Buddies here means not the entire cavern...make sure the buddy is willing to play the quest, I don't want that my quests go in KIs of people that wouldn't appreciated them.

2) requesting quests by KI-mail

PLEASE give me your KI number. I'm not a soothsayer and just with a KI-mail, I cannot retrace your KI number. You might get angry at me thinking...why is she ignoring my KI-mail?... I read them. Often, I don't go online with Annabelle, I read them directly on WhoM which is the same.

Thanks...see you in 2 days for the re-release of my 2nd release: Buggaros, Fissure & Spheres :D

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:03 am 

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The 7th release: The Eders covering all garden ages is postponed ... postponed until I can conduct enough tests to see the damages...

What damages? The Cavern we left in 1.906 is not the Cavern we entered in 1.912

My hand is hurting right now...just trying to do easy things in Er'cana

That's not a joke :cry:

I cannot redo all. The first 6 releases will stay as is. I just hope you can still enjoyed them.

The 7th, I will see.

Post subject: June 1st Update
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:35 am 

1st) AGM meeting is tomorrow

I will talk a little bit about the new changes in jumping and give you a new timeframe for my 7th release. I can now have a more unbiaised speech after the anger of the past week. There will be adaptation for all of us though.

2nd) News of my 2nd release

For the 2nd release, I fullfilled the part that was to send my 2 brand new quests to my distribution list I had. I did that on May 31st.

I don't consider all the work to be completely done so "officially" that release is still "ongoing". There's some info to come so it's on my todo list.

3rd) Reorg yet again :D

Yes I cutted down 10% of my work crew this week :lol: . I went from 71 avatars to 64 avatars. Economy is worsening and I had no way to pay them :wink:

So I went from 102 to 99, 99 to 94, 94 to 84, 84 to 77, 77 to 71 and now 71 to 64.

I think I reached a good number and all of my avatars has a purpose, some are for future needs they are on the standby.

I still own 18 accounts, squat 2 accounts and share 1 account with some hood members. Let me say they are less populated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:48 am 

1) The Skydiving Built is out (thanks to Lyrositor):

From this day forward, I only guarantee results and reliability of my 166 quests (published or to be published) if you are using the skydiving external built. I will consider that you will make the effort to migrate on that new built. I won't change a single marker, a single instruction.

Skydiving built: my quests are 100% reliable (from my testings..., you might say... very reliable way to reach my Relto yeah!) LOLOL I don't reach it :wink: :lol:

1.912 built: I don't guarantee any result. Use this built at your own risk, Relto is nearer in this built LOL.

2) What do you know ?!?!? My 7th release is ready!!!

I was so frustrated that I didn't touch a single marker on it...Good thing! I will replay all my quests once, it should take me about 4-5 nights. I can play thru 5-6 quests a night to make sure everything is good. I didn't play them since a month and a half, I can't just spread them out in the open without a final test (and touch up).

Stay Tuned!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:31 am 

3 importants subjects to disclose today :D

1) CUSTOMER SERVICE

I will provide customer service on my quests ONLY to explorers who will migrate and play on the skydiving built.

I won't provide any customer service on my quests to explorers who will stick to the built 1.912 and the next following ones.

Why? The built 1.912 made too much changes to the physics behaviours that even the simple lengths are living nightmares. If you fail to make it through my quests using built 1.912 it's NORMAL. You can't play them and enjoy them under 1.912.

With that said... I don't say DO NOT use built 1.912. I say DO NOT PLAY MY QUESTS using built 1.912. If you fill out a request for me to move a "misplaced" marker, I will tell you to change built that's it.

I have still the 2 builts side-by-side. I won't use the built 1.912 so much though. Nothing force you to choose between one built or the other. You can have both on your PC.

2) 7TH RELEASE: THE EDERS

I tested all my 22 quests in the curse of the last 2 nights. They are all mighty hard as I expected them to be and more important ... they are ready :).

The release date is June 30th. More info to come on the quests in a separate thread (later today or tomorrow).

3) QUESTS REQUESTS NOT FULLFILLED YET

I didn't fullfill any request over the curse of the last month BECAUSE of the new built. I couldn't just spreaded out quests that weren't playable at all and enjoyable.

I will repeat myself: I will send out my quests to everyone who asked me but you have a job: migrate to the skydiving built. I can't know who's on skydiving built who's not (being on 1.912) but refer to point number 1 of this post to know the consequences.

That's all I have to say for tonight :)