It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

News and announcements from the New Greeters will be posted in this thread. Main events will be posted in the second post of this thread.

Please stay on topic! General discussion of the The New Greeters will continue on our forum here.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Last edited by Trekluver on Sun May 26, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Current news from the Guild of New Greeters:

None at the moment! :)

Last edited by Trekluver on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm very sorry guys. I will be unable to attend to meeting. But never fear, New Greeter TomVal is there making sure everything runs smoothly. Go join him in the Guild of Greeters Hood and be part of the next chapter in Uru history!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

12:00 KI on a Monday?...Seriously? I'd love to join in but I'm always working at that time...are there (will there be) alternate times as well? or maybe a log?

Moul(A)II Charura KI#00296707

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:33 am 

Well, I'm assuming there will be a log of the meeting at some point.

As a GoMe messenger, I did cavern crying about two hours before the event, but then had to head off to work thereafter. I wish I could have attended the meeting. Unoffically, on a personal note, I do hope the next meeting is on a week night around 18:00 ki-time, or a weekend when both CET/UK & EST-PST can attend with ease. (Or even better perhaps two meetings?) One for each major "block" of players???

Again, these last few comments are my personal thoughts. I mean no ill-will towards Trek or any of the New Greeters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

No harm done Nev, we'll try our best to plan accordingly next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

lunanne wrote:
I would say the New Greeters can decide themselves when it is a good moment for them to have a meeting. Considering it is a inner guild meeting (and in my experience the GoMe ones would be very boring to outsiders) I don't think they have to keep track of convenient times/places for the whole community to turn up. I assume they choose a convenient time for their members >.>

I didn't mean disrespect to a guild that is attempting to spark interest in the cavern..Just showing that interest is out there and maybe some times are uncomfortable for some people...I understand that this a world-wide venture and that most people have other things to do during scheduled meetings...

I've always wanted to be a Greeter..I just didn't know about the time and effort that is necessary to blend in...I'm willing to help but I still need to be able to either read 'docs' from meetings or participate in something that is around when I'm available...

Moul(A)II Charura KI#00296707

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:22 am 
Obduction Backer

Charura, if you'd like to join the New Greeters PM me and I can answer any questions you may have.

Everyone else, this is a news and announcement thread. If you guys want to continue talking about the New Greeters then please visit our OpenUru forum. All you need is an OpenUru account to start commenting (It's good for wiki accounts too, if you'd like to contribute to our wiki!) . Be sure to join the members user group though if you'd like to start a topic.

I read all my PM's on both forums (here and there) so don't worry which one it is you PM me at, if anyone needs to.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah folks,

As you may know by now, the All Guilds Meeting was today. We had a super awesome time, and learned a thing or two about the goings on in the community. You can see the logs from that here.

Also, our site has just been updated! We've updated our information as well as added a resources section where we'll host and link you to helpful tools that will further your Uru experience. Check it out now at http://newgreeters.openuru.org!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

The New Greeters are pleased to announce that C.J. Herkeless is the newer member of the guild. Everybody be sure to give him words of encouragement as he begins this wonderful job under the New Greeters banner. Membership Page

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:08 am 
Obduction Backer

Hello everyone,

If all goes well, we will be having our next meeting on Friday, March 16th, at 3:30 PM EDT, otherwise known as 13:30 KI time. We will be meeting exclusively in our IRC chat room (Alternate Link). If you want to use an IRC application instead, connect to "irc.mibbit.net" and enter the room #newgreeters to join. Everyone is invited to join, even if you're not a guild member.

Thanks everybody, see you Friday.

[EDIT] As called out to me by others, I incorrectly stated the KI time. I apologize, as I had not updated my time converter since Daylight Savings time ended. It has been updated and is correct. If anyone is wondering, the UTC time is 7:30 PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chat log is now available!

http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=745

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

New Greeter's Hoods are now open! You can find us on the Minkata, Gehn, and The Open Cave MOUL shards. Just look for the New Greeter's Hood under public links.

For now, we will continue to use the Guild of Greeters Hood on Cyan's MOULa shard.

See you in the cavern!

Post subject: New Member: Kinley
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

The New Greeters are pleased to announce our new member: Kinley (KI# 10840127)! Please give him a warm welcome, and look for him in the cavern whenever you need some assistance. See you in the cavern!