It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
February marks several anniversaries in Uru history – some happy, some sad. This year, as we celebrate the second anniversary of the re-opening of the cavern, we also acknowledge the community’s past, including the times we lost access to the cavern. With the CAVCON Meter currently at 3 (donations are roughly equal to MO:ULagain expenses), we should be acutely aware of those times and appreciate what we have while we still have it.

“Memories of the Cavern” is the theme of a week long festival of events from Saturday, February 4th to Saturday, February 11th to celebrate the anniversary and raise awareness of the current state of the CAVCON meter. Anyone and everyone is invited to organize an event for the festival. Please post the details here and it will be added to the schedule here and at the Guild of Messengers for promotion. You can also post your own event to the schedule on the OpenUru:Current Events page.

Thanks to Nev'yn for spearheading this and others for assisting him in getting it organized.

Events Schedule
All times are cavern KI (mountain) time. Cavern time is GMT minus 7 hours and you can find your time relative to that here.
Tip: Make sure you can access the Shoutcast broadcasts before the event. See Getting Shoutcast to Work for instructions and technical advice.

Saturday, Feb 4th
10:00 - Pre-Ceremony Broadcast on Radio KGOH begins. Mostly music, some announcements, preparations for the Ceremony.

11:00 - Watchers Pub: Opening Ceremony, "A Fall through the Chasm." - The Guild of Healers.
Following the reading of explorer tributes, Ghaelen will continue to play soft music until the end of the AGM.

13:00 - Kirel: All Guilds Meeting.

14:30 - Watcher's Pub: As the AGM ends, Ktahdn will begin broadcasting "Music For and By Explorers."

18:00 - D'ni Musicological Research hood: Concert on live-in-the-dmr.

Sunday, Feb 5th
14:00 - Guild of Healers' Eder Delin: First Sunday Compassion & Caring Assembly on Radio KGOH.

17:00 - D'ni Musicological Research hood: Concert of progressive and classic British Rock on musica-in-the-dmr.

Monday, Feb 6th
14:30 - OpenURU.org hood: "Something"

Tuesday, Feb 7th
18:45 to 23:00 - OpenURU.org hood: "Music for Exploring Worlds" hosted by Marten.

Wednesday, Feb 8th
14:00 - Heritage Night's Hood: Heritage Night: Reopening.

Thursday, Feb 9th
14:00 - D'ni Musicological Research Hood: the Adi*tional Celebration Party.

Friday, Feb 10th
11:00 - Watcher's Pub: Party in the Pub with Ktahdn Music at Radio KTDN.

19:00 - Guild of Greeters Pub: Significa! A Guild of Greeters Quiz Show! hosted by Jonathan Myer.

Saturday, Feb 11th
11:00 - Kirel: Closing Ceremony, "Welcome Home!" - The Guild of Healers. Upbeat music of hope & gratitude on Radio KGOH.

13:00 - D'ni Musicological Research Hood: Post Closing Concert - Lots of music genres presented by different hosts, beginning with Musica broadcasting British Progressive Rock on her Ustream site until 14:00. Then, other hosts will broadcast on live-in-the-dmr.

Sunday, Feb 12th
9:43 to 14:00 - OpenURU.org Hood: Encore Presentation of Marten's "Music for Exploring Worlds" broadcast on martenmusic
with playlist information here.

Nev'yn wrote:
It is asked all “event sponsors” begin and end their events with reminder about the Cavcon level and a request for donations to Cyan. Let us give thanks for the Cavern's reopening and raise the meter back to Cavcon 4 and beyond!

Note about stream limits: if you cannot access one of the broadcasts because it's reached its maximum number of listeners, then try the relay channel: http://76.10.221.60:9874

Last edited by Tai'lahr on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 28 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Significant dates in Uru History (relative to the festival)
February 4, 2004 – Cyan announces the end of Prologue.
February 9, 2004 – The cavern closes.
February 15, 2006 – D’mala opens.
February 5, 2007 – Until Uru ends.
February 15, 2007 – Official launch of Myst Online: Uru Live.
February 4, 2008 – GameTap announces the end of MOUL.
February 4, 2010 – Activity in the Cavern? is posted by DRC member, Victor Laxman.
February 8, 2010 – the MOUL Play page is updated. Rand is in the city waiting to greet the returning explorers, but thousands attempt to join all at once and crash the server. Fan donations make it possible to secure a better alternative and allow everyone to play for the next two years. :D
February 4, 2011 – RAWA commemorates the first anniversary by turning on the fireworks in the neighborhoods. while some celebrate Uru Phoenix Day.

For IC History, check out:
Heritage Night
vidkid’s RECAP: The Restoration So Far...
Marten’s Prologue videos: The History of the Great Tree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:34 pm 

Awesome! I will be looking forward to the week of celebrations! Thanks, Tai, and everyone else involved!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:26 pm 

To: Tai'lahr
Subject: Activities

Hai, Tai.

Just thought I'd let you know that Kt was reading this over my shoulder and then made an immediate exit, headed for the Secret Musical Laboratory. Makes me think I should perhaps do some checking... what time does the Guilds meeting end on Saturday, Feb 4?

Chaotically yours
(signed) Lord Chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lord Chaos wrote:
what time does the Guilds meeting end on Saturday, Feb 4?

Ah, the answer to that is a puzzle worthy of Cyan. I think it usually lasts one to two hours depending on how many people/groups have announcements to make, but it could last up to three hours. I think Ghaelen intends to continue broadcasting music from her event throughout the AGM, so if Ktahdn is making plans to participate (/cheer), perhaps he could coordinate the transfer of broadcasting duties with her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:01 pm 

Thanks, Tai. I'll have to see if I can schedule an appointment with Ghaelen through her social director, Fullah Malarkey. Or was that Dolly? I get confuzzled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

I suppose there's not much chance of getting ahold of Rand and asking him to come in to help celebrate? Maybe he could do a talk on DIRT… Nah, I'm pushing it. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Malfhok wrote:
I suppose there's not much chance of getting ahold of Rand and asking him to come in to help celebrate?

Some "dignitaries" have been emailed regarding this but whether or not any will be able to attend at some point during the week is anyone's guess right now. I guess the business still needs to be attended to.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you Nev'yn, Tai'lahr, et al. :)

I am honored to have been asked to participate in the opening and closing of this event. I am thinking that the opening could showcase members of the community, and their thoughts/memories of sadness and hope on the February 4th's throughout the years. Once I figure out how the program will move from one to the other during the first three hours, I'll post more details tomorrow in a separate thread and link to it from this one.

There is some discussion as to whether the Opening will begin before the AGM. If so, I do plan to play music during the meeting. I promise not to ask any of the presenters to sing their announcements on the air. :roll:

If not, that's fine with me, too. Just let me know when to begin.

Quote:
From Ghaelen, Blender of Experimental Bubbling Laughter Tonics
To Lord Chaos and Ktahdn, Purveyors of Massive Amounts of Chaos & Some Interesting Ideas About Tunes
Re: All of the above and their relevance to Healing or an Anniversary or both

It is true. My social director for a while was Fulla M'Larkeh. Her advice did seem a bit flawed, because I found myself with a constant belly laugh. I eventually asked her to be helpful in a different way. She found one and is headed west to far-away Guffawville where she plans help build a new Healing Temple of Hilarity. I, myself, am on my own way to recovery.

Will contact you via the reversing of your message-through-Tai'lahr about coordinating schedules. I have a few, and you are welcome to them. They seem to work ok so far.

A story: CavernScents Journey

Ghaelen: Moula KI# 23059

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:34 am 

The Guild of Greeters will be hosting an event on Friday, Feb 10th at 19:00 Ki Time in the Guild of Greeters Pub (yes I know, you have to get the shirt in kirel, but that imager is important!) entitled, Significa! A Guild of Greeters Quiz Show! I, Jonathan Myer, will be the host of the show testing the quick wit of the explorers with questions ranging from d'ni symbols, d'ni history, family trees, picture questions and much much more! Show your support and come on down for a night of great entertainment. I hope to see you all there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:04 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
February 5, 2007 – Until Uru ends .

Well... That's what they wanted you to think. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:16 am 
Obduction Backer

Lord Chaos wrote:

Tomala wrote:
Quote:

Well... That's what they wanted you to think.

I'm skewing the dates but I found it amusing..

Moul(A)II Charura KI#00296707

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:43 am 
Obduction Backer

This is a really wonderful idea ... and a week long 'festival', this sounds
like much activity and fun ... :P

It is especially wonderful as of 'the whole' being wrapped up in the caring and
loving kindness and cheerfulness of the honorable Guild of Healers for existing
remnants of memories and feelings of sadness or even despair and hopelessness
being lightheartedly transmuted into precious memories, infinite joy and laughter
and an unshakable belief in a glorious future for ourselves, the community and Uru ... :)

Thanks all for organizing such an impressive 'Uru Palooza', our precious Tai'lahr and
Ghaelen, our diligent raving reporter Nev'yn, our precious D'niJs and all else involded
by now and by then and finally at the front of the stage ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:17 pm 

To: Ghaelen, Blender of Experimental Bubbling Laughter Tonics
Re: All of the above and their relevance to Healing or an Anniversary

Dear Ms Ghaelen:
I'm badly confuzzlemented here. What do relevance have to do with the events? So far as I know, relevance have never been seen in the cavern, perhaps because they're too big to fit through the cracks, perhaps because of an input/output problem. I know the Healers have relevance, but I'm not sure where we keep them.

Please clarify.

Thank you.
(signed) Lord Chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Charura wrote:
Lord Chaos wrote:

Tomala wrote:
Quote:

Well... That's what they wanted you to think.

I'm skewing the dates but I found it amusing..

lol! That is phunny (and the 'h' is silent)

Quote:
To: Ghaelen, Blender of Experimental Bubbling Laughter Tonics

Dear Ms Ghaelen:
I'm badly confuzzlemented here. What do relevance have to do with the events? So far as I know, relevance have never been seen in the cavern, perhaps because they're too big to fit through the cracks, perhaps because of an input/output problem. I know the Healers have relevance, but I'm not sure where we keep them.

Please clarify.

Thank you.
(signed) Lord Chaos

To: Lord Chaos, Princeps Convector Felium RVG
From: Ghaelen, Blender of Experimental Bubbling Laughter Tonics

No clarification available at this time.

After checking the Relevance Meter and finding it in the same State as the Lake Light Meter, l realized relevance has become relative. I am happy to report that the CAVCON Meter is now in a Proper Working State, and explorers are encouraged to contribute to the maintenance of it and the general care of the Cavern. I have heard that the CAVCON Meter has great Relevant to any yarns we may spin in the future. I don't understand it completely, but it relates to thread length and fabric weave.

Am working on a Tonic for your condition. I hope it isn't serious or chronic.

(scrawled) ghaelen

A story: CavernScents Journey

Ghaelen: Moula KI# 23059