It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:33 am 
Obduction Backer

All,

My event, now on Tuesday, will be from 19:00 KI to 23:00 KI with the lead-in music beginning at 18:45 KI. I'm disappointed that I cannot run it on Sunday as I think that would have had the best attendance, but surface life priorities prevail!

Repeat of announcement:

"Music for Exploring Worlds" is a 4 hour program plus a 15 minute leader, featuring music from over 30 different series of video games, including unreleased music from a cancelled RPG! Most of the program is ambient or background music, though a collection of vocal pieces will complete the final 40 minutes, helping to wake folks up.

I will provide trivia about the games and music to program attendees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
"Something" will be happening in the OpenUru.org hood... d'no exactly what just yet.

I'll be there sweeping the floors, arranging the cones, and polishing the firemarbles in preparation for Marten's event the next night.

I'm hoping some of the OU team members will join me for awhile, maybe help answer some questions about open source, the Minkata shard, the system for getting bug fixes from developer to MOULA, etc. No promises on that just yet, but keep watching the thread.

Edit: Mac_Fife will try to come by the hood between 14:30 & 15:30 KI time & Rarified (the cute Beatle) will try to come by around 18:30 KI time. (I'm sure they'll be there, but I'm not going to write it in stone since I twisted their arms on this.) :wink:

Oh, and since I already have this channel set up for relaying all the other broadcasts, I might just broadcast a little Uru music.

Last edited by Tai'lahr on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:43 am 

I'll have Go'Me the "Gopher" drag my paperwork over there from the Guild of Messengers Hood when she has time tonight. (Might as well get my Cavern Crier stuff done somewhere.) Where's the copy room again? I think Leo gave her a desk down there near the light garden somewhere....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:30 am 

Nev'yn wrote:
Where's the copy room again? I think Leo gave her a desk down there near the light garden somewhere....

Has that been repaired? The last I'd heard, that office blew up in the great Urwigor's Tea scandal that CCN covered a while back. I think Madge was implicated, too. Crossed wires or something. Ask Ghaelen for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Lord Chaos wrote:
Nev'yn wrote:
Where's the copy room again? I think Leo gave her a desk down there near the light garden somewhere....

Has that been repaired? The last I'd heard, that office blew up in the great Urwigor's Tea scandal that CCN covered a while back. I think Madge was implicated, too. Crossed wires or something. Ask Ghaelen for details.

/sniffle I do miss that office

Since this is a wee bit off topic, speculation on my part is in the spoiler tags
[spoiler]We still haven't quite gotten the burn smell out. Rita spent months expressing rather colorful electrical terms for cord-burning sparks and shoddy wireless connections. That particular fiasco was the fault of a loose cann.., er, connection.

We do think Mr Jules finally recovered from the explosion. And BrettM's hat has been repaired. (We really are very sorry, BrettM) But none of it was the fault of Urwiggor's Tea (we think) nor the of Kirel Baked Treats (we know). We are still hoping to catch the culprit who tampered with that batch of Baked Treats. Personally, I believe someone (reading this) knows exactly what happened.[/spoiler]

Nev, check the location of the UO Hood copy room carefully. I worry that it joins the CCN Hood copy room on one wall. Now, I'm certain Rita has everything repaired correctly, but she didn't have access to the other side of the wall in order to check every angle. I did manage to stop her before she turned on the jackhammer....

Marten was wise to exit quickly the day Rita discovered the burned cord. Best not to tell him Madge is trying to get into the video game music-bot business. I won't tell her he is broadcasting Tuesday night. Monday night, however, I don't know. I heard a familiar squeak on my KIphone today. All this excitement gets through the Cavern Code pretty quickly.

A story: CavernScents Journey

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Edit: Well, the Q&A in the OpenURU.org hood went far better than I expected given the short notice.

Mac_Fife hosted the first session from 14:15 to 16:00 KI time and we had 10+ visitors.
rarified hosted the second session from 18:30 to 21:00 and we had 20+ visitors.
Christian Walther joined us for the first session and Adam was there for both and answered a lot of questions.
Thanks to all of you for participating and to all our visitors who brought their questions and made it worthwhile. :D

Also of note: LC was there in support at the first session (and to check out my broadcasting skills; thanks for pointing out the fountain noise) and Nev'yn kept me company between the sessions. Thanks both of you! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Marten wrote:
All,

My event, now on Tuesday, will be from 19:00 KI to 23:00 KI with the lead-in music beginning at 18:45 KI. I'm disappointed that I cannot run it on Sunday as I think that would have had the best attendance, but surface life priorities prevail!

Repeat of announcement:

"Music for Exploring Worlds" is a 4 hour program plus a 15 minute leader, featuring music from over 30 different series of video games, including unreleased music from a cancelled RPG! Most of the program is ambient or background music, though a collection of vocal pieces will complete the final 40 minutes, helping to wake folks up.

I will provide trivia about the games and music to program attendees.

Am really looking forward to this. Looks like music will be here: Marten's Radio Broadcast

Edit: It is nearly 8:00pm Central US time and we're in the Open Uru Hood listening to a very interesting talk on video games and their music. You ought to join us if you can!

A story: CavernScents Journey

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you, Marten for a most interesting evening of beautiful music and fun facts. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:04 pm 

Agreed. Thank youi, Marten. So many games out there with good music, and your show was a great introduction.
--------

Kt and I have been looking over the schedule, and it seems to us that Europeans have been left out as most of the events start late. I wouldn't expect the RVG to respond at such short notice, but I think a party at 1000 PDT on Friday might be just the ticket. What's yez all think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, I think that's a perfect time for Europeans, that's what I think. They do often get left out, and you often take them into consideration when planning your events. So, I say, go for it. I just might be able to squeeze it into my busy schedule, too. :wink:

Just say the word and I'll add it to the Event Schedule in the OP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

well, that's 6pm in france if im not mistaken. add or remove from 1h to 3 h for main countries around.

i think it will be great. thx everyone

Membre du quartier Mystpedia - KI 9392
Alts : EG Jan (gone) / Sleeper Jan KI (coming soon)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Awesome, LC and Ktahdn, thanks for your kind and caring thoughts and
considerations ... I already thought I'd 'only' (in terms of quantity) see the
opening and closing ceremonies of our 2nd Anniversary of MOULa lol ... :D

And yes, 10:00 am KI time = 18:00 PM GMT+1 would be just great and perfect ...
Thanks again and see you all in the Pub ... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:40 pm 

Alrighty, then. Let's do it!

Watcher's Sanctuary, starting at 1100 KI time. Leader music will be up before that. Music will be on Radio KTDN.

Bring yer dancin' klompen!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:31 pm 

There's a handy chart for working out KI time to time zones here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:39 pm 

Guess what? It's February 8th (the exact day of MOULa launch) and Cyan Worlds announces the update of MOULa!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next