It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:13 pm 

In the past I have heard that players have formed objects to attract the Boaroah or characters into the cavern. So I was thinking what if players formed the Cyan symbol and hummed the logo toon, do you think a Cyan employee would enter the cavern?. Natchully there busy so this may amount to nothing but getting players in Cavern but I think it would be a fun thing to try. The event will take place tonight at 6:00 PM Eastern Time in the summoner's hood.(this should be 3:00 for Cyan :)) As someone suggested we will " ... put gold-clothed people in the fountain and blue-clothed people around it to form a C.".

There will be a stream at http://moulahumcast.nintendoaddict.com/index.php brought to you bye shout-cast and an optional mumble chat where people can actually hum the toon. This will be hosted at the Guild Of Writers(guildofwriters.org). Mumble is very easy to install and set up, it can be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/files/Mumble/1.2.3a/mumble-1.2.3a.msi/download or if you don't have Windows you can get other clients here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/files/Mumble/1.2.3a/mumble-1.2.3a.msi/download
It is Open Source software like Moula and free to download.

Remember use of Mumble is optional but use of the MOULa client for voice chat is not aloud.

-- More info --
:arrow: Being that the event is taking place while Cyan is at work that means people in there timezone will be at work too so it's up to us in the east to make the event work and get Cyan in the West to come. If you can't make it don't worry I will post a full chat log.
I made a thread where people can write what they want to ask Cyan and I will ask your question to any Cyan employees that enter the cavern. :) :) That thread can be found here:
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25511
:arrow: There will be virtual Pizza :)

And don't worry if you can't hold a tune neither can I ;) :lol:

EDIT: Added a PM to the time :)

Last edited by Jamie Marchant on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Well Jamie, you've got a good start there. It sounds like a fun idea and your expectations are realistic. Yeesha said, "Some will seek the destination, but you should seek the journey." I would definitely like to participate in this particular journey.

Cyan is on the west coast and their business hours are 8am - 5pm, so plan accordingly. KI time is one hour ahead of their time.

Oh, and ignore all the posts that will tell you not to bother because no one from Cyan will come. Any event is still a contribution to the cavern. Good luck! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:40 pm 
If this becomes viable, I'm in!

Post subject: The time
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:31 pm 

Quote:
Cyan is on the west coast and their business hours are 8am - 5pm, so plan accordingly. KI time is one hour ahead of their time.

Cyan is three hours behind me here in EST(according to my caluastionts), so an event at 3:00 there time would be 6:00 my time. I think 3:00 would be a good time for the event, it gives people in the east enough time to get home form work, while still giving Cyan enough time to respond. It would be 5:00 in the timezone to the west of me and 7 and 8, 9 to the east. It is up to us in these timezones to get Cyan to come into the cavern(or try really hard).

As for the date, I'm not sure but I think a Friday would be best, a lot of people have more casual Fridays, so a Friday would be the day with the most probability of success.

The location should be where the other events took place historically for if this works it will go down in history. I was never there "back in the day" and I can't remember where this location was so someone who wants to help me out with, will have to fill me. If your interested post here or PM me. I want to get an idea of who is involved. I will edit this post in a bit with my Ki number so if you don't have a forum account you can Kimail me.

When we do it, we should try and match the colours in the logo, that is where blue -- I mean uh Cyan -- and yellow T-shirts.

chance of success:
0% chance of summoning Cyan to the cavern if we don't try it
Very Low% chance of Cyan showing up on their own
Possible% chance of Cyan showing up if we do!!!!
I'm 100% sure it will be fun if Cyan does not show up and I feel there is a good% chance we could effect the cavecon if we do.

Button line: Lets try this, it will be a fun event and hay maybe someone from Cyan will show up!

EDIT: I would like to add that my Ki number is 00613420 if you don't have a forum account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

And of course, there will have to be strategic shirt choices so that we actually look like the Cyan logo.... some in gold and some in blue and some in greyish and so on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Where: Historically, these things have mostly been done in neighborhoods around the fountain which would be ideal for this because you could put gold-clothed people in the fountain and blue-clothed people around it to form a C.

OR, you could hold it in the Watcher's Pub and let the holoimager serve as the gold circle; then everyone could just show up in blue and surround it in the shape of a C.

Suggest you scope out the photo angles from above to determine the best direction for the C. You might also want to contact one of those super-duper cavern photo experts to take the picture.

Post subject: Where
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:19 pm 

Quote:
Suggest you scope out the photo angles from above to determine the best direction for the C. You might also want to contact one of those super-duper cavern photo experts to take the picture

Is there one person you had in mind for this?

As for the location, I have to say both the watchers pub and or a hood would work and have advantages and disadvantages. A hood could have a name like "Cyan Contact Hood" telling onlookers what where attempting to do, the watchers pub might get more attention and the plan sounds easier. I have to see what I can get in terms of photos.

Post subject: Re: this
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:23 pm 

Well I took a look around and I think that a hood would work best. There will be a planning meting next Tuesday March 6th at 3:15 PM Ki time(5:10 EST) in my hood(Jamie Marchants hood), come if your interested.

EDIT: Gave an exact date.

Last edited by Jamie Marchant on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
Oh, and ignore all the posts that will tell you not to bother because no one from Cyan will come. Any event is still a contribution to the cavern. Good luck! :D

THIS. Nobody knows what Cyan will do except Cyan themselves. ;)

Besides, another party is always welcome, IMO.

My posts are not associated with the GoMe in any way unless otherwise stated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:49 am 

I'll make a SE: KI mail to distribute within the cavern, and also do some Cavern Crying about your planning session on the 5th. Let me know if I can somehow be of further assistance.

EDIT: Here's the post @GoMe, ki-mail will be created tonight.

http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/con ... yan-cavern

Last edited by Nev'yn on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:41 pm 

Quote:
I'll make a SE: KI mail to distribute within the cavern, and also do some Cavern Crying about your planning session on the 5th. Let me know if I can somehow be of further assistance.

Thank you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think this is a fabulous idea! I'll be on spring break soon so I should actually have time in my life to participate :P I might also be able to drop in on the meeting too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:55 pm 

When is spring break? That might be a good time for the event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mine is next week. I know some places are off this week as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:53 pm 

Thank you tanshin :)