It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:35 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:41 am 
Obduction Backer

I'd rather have a flashlight or a firemarble in an equip-able pouch than the rather odd-looking /lite command, honestly.

Or maybe a DRC helmet with a headlamp attached...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:48 am 

Heh maybe an algelight which could be attached to your shoulder or breast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Glowsticks in the Cavern! :lol:

(No, seriously. They're really used in digs because of many situations where you might not want to use a gas lamp, and light bulbs might cause other issues.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:54 pm 

Having a BuddyKI like my friend Paul made!

That would be awesome. Yes, all of Al's list too. LOL. Don't ask for much, do I? ;)

EDITED: for resize of pic, and to mention, that yes, it is very real. DarK aka Paul used it on his own testing shard. He can be contacted at darkside at gamenet dot org dot uk

Last edited by ToriaURU on Thu May 11, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

mYstAddict wrote:
I like the idea of sending audio messages. It would be kind of neat to be able to actually hear the voices of everyone down in the cavern. IM integration is a pretty good idea as well.

That's what the teamspeak program did, and quite well, actually.
- gimlet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:42 pm 

That BuddieKI does look interesting :D, and it obviously is doable as well (assuming that pic isn't a mock up)

I'll just list what I'd like (many will be repeats)

- Mutural Buddies. When person 1 adds person 2 to their buddies list an invitation is sent to person 2 asking if you would like to add person 1 to their list.

- Temporary Mutural group list. That is, a list similer to buddies but which works both way, that is the list is shared with everyone else on that list. Usefull for groups playing marker missions. anyone on the list can invite anybody else to the list. This would be handy for when working on things like the group marker missions and would work well with next item.

- Inter-Age Audio chat though KI lists. You can click on the Buddies, Temp group (See previous item) and Neighbours list headings and chat with groups.

- KI profile. When you click on a persons name in the KI listings, under where it says "[Avitar Name] is exporing the [age name] age" there is a large blank space which would be perfect for a profile, and posably an avi pic (which could be automatialy genorated each time the avi leaves the wardrobe).

- KI Directory. Being able to browse all KI profiles, and posably searching for keywords to find new friends. For instance being able to find everyone else who like Lord of the Rings.

- KI browser. As meantioned in a previous post. Having a browser interface in the KI window for URU/Myst related sites that can be submitted for approval by Cyan.

- KI light. It's been mentioned before that the /lite command can be really usefull, but that in itself is rather OOC. How about having a built in tourch on the front of the KI that when activated raises the avi's hand and shines light either straight ahead for all to see. Although the Helmet lamp sound interesting. You'd have to be wearing it for it to work of course. Maybe put it in the last cave in Gira so you can't use it until you've kicked those evil fish baskets into place to find it. It would be more fitting then a pith helmet.

- kiPod. I agree, a music player would be nice. Songs added to a directory on your PC will play just for you though your KI. However it would be nice to be able so share them though the music player on your Relto, or posably though the podium in your hood.

Alturnitivly you could use an online streaming station like is used in THERE (an online 3D community envrioment that many went to after Prolog was canceled. www.there.com).

- "/me". Bring back the /me command, it's so flexable and amusing :lol:

- IM integration / login chat webpage. It would be handy to be able to chat with others in the shard without being in the shard. I'd thought a while back how nice a webpage that you log in with your URU username and password and appear on the KI list as being "on the surface".

- Sent item to user groups.
Being able to send a picture to everyone in the age is somthing that I've oftern wished I could do. I spend ages trying to get everyone into position for group pictures and as soon as I get a good picture it takes ages to send to to everyone.

- LESS LIMITED KI FOLDERS! Don't you just hate taking what promises to be a really good picture and up pops "your KI is full"?

- Save image to PC folder. I know this is doable, it was part of UserKI1.1.

- Community room podium area amplifies voice. I'd also thought that it would be an obvious use of the platform in the hood. so that when you stand in that area your voice can be heard thoughout the hood.

- DRC stage mic amplifies voice. (see above)

- Video players in the hoods working. In EoA, we at last find out what those things next to the classroom actualy do. It would be nice if they could be used for public messages from the DRC. That is it shows a recording of a DRC member telling everyone what the DRC are currently working on. Or prehaps it just plays some of the URU music videos (they don't have to be considered OOC always, with many of them could be seen as videos made by explorers to amuse themselves.

Thats all that I can think of for now. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:45 pm 

Can you make that picture smaller please? It stretches the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:57 pm 

What Stellaflora said. :wink:
Thats some very good surgestions.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Think of this:

URU is one of games that is happening in our world and in our time. It's not like LineAge, SW Galaxies etc. That's why it may allow the people live in this word. You have your home, your cabinet, your workplace. You can browse the web (or at least it's part) with your KI. I think it will be good when someone returns to his home at evening, turns on computer, connects to internet and runs URU. And from URU he can watch news, read his e-mails - just as in usual browser. It's not hard to do with ActiveX components - you can implement web browser feautures in every MFC program. And when system browser updates in-game browser will update automaticly. It's common Windows feauture.
We have some not realistic effects in game - such as avatars collisions, panic linking (everybody have such fast reaction? And were is the 'safety first'?). I think we can enhance and explain this by 'unlocking' the functioning of KI. KI is attached to our hand, it touches our body. Can you remember an imager in the Myst's rocket? We used image of book as good as the book. KI projects some D'ni symbols on it's back which works like a linking panel and bring us to personal age. The situation when the panic linking is needed is determined by AI of KI, which helps all the explorers feel safe. This thing can explain why all D'ni were able to take KI - it allowed them to live longer.
Avatars collisions detection was truncated because of very special situations when somebody lose his connection in the middle of passage. And all the people stay and watch his back not able to pass through. I think it can be solved by adding special feauture to KI. When you lose you connection your KI brings you to the state of 'continued linking' - you are between this place and your Relto, frozen in linking state. People can see your glowing contour, but you are not more rigid body for them. If it is decored with good shader effect it will look pretty. When you restores your connection in some time out you appears back in this place. If not - you are bringed to you Relto. This effect can be used for 'temporary danger' - such as flying rock etc. You become ethereal when rock get close to you, it flies through you and... you are back! When the large rock falls over your head... KI makes you ethereal, waits for danger passed. Place, where you stay, isn't free so you cannot return. KI decides that danger is constant and link you to Relto. If you fall to some deep place KI freezes you in middle air, waits for ground below your feet (at the distance determined by your current falling speed. If you have too high speed any ground cannot help you). If there will not be any ground during time out you are linked. To your Relto, of course.
Somebody can say: 'Well, it will work when someone disconnects. But what to do if one player doesn't let another to get into the room, or kick it to lava etc?' There are all in-game situations. If we have a good guild system we will have the people that are watching for good behavior. It's the life!
Everybody have enjoyed avatars collisions in linking points. KI can project some linking symbols that move you around the point in some borders, help you link to free place. If there is not any free place around the linking point... You just cannt link there! It's in-game situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:26 pm 

Just remembered some more things:

- KI screen visiable to everyone. When you activate the holograpic interface on your KI and the avi lifts their arm to look at it, everyone else can see the purple imager interface. And of course intead of avi looking and poking at the KI on their hand's, they will be looking and poking at the holographic interface. Of course there would also be a faint purple glow on nearby surfaces, similer to the firefly glow but more localised to the KI region.

There was somthing else but it just slipped my mind :?

[EDIT]
Just remembered the other thing :D

- /Sleep commands.
The ablity to either lay down flat on your back (with your hands behind your head for a pillow), or to lay down curled up and go to sleep. A variation of /AFK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:06 pm 

I want everything, listed here imagine having a KI that interoperable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:13 pm 

Stellaflora wrote:

- /Sleep commands.
The ablity to either lay down flat on your back (with your hands behind your head for a pillow), or to lay down curled up and go to sleep. A variation of /AFK.

I really like this one.. Since I know I would be using that one.. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:40 pm 

Would be handy for if you were 'on the surface' and would be even more
comical if the avie popped out a small sign saying 'Do Not Disturb' 8)

...wheres my box?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:45 pm 

Bedford wrote:

Would be handy for if you were 'on the surface' and would be even more
comical if the avie popped out a small sign saying 'Do Not Disturb' 8)

Why am I suddenly reminded of Granny Wetherwax from the Diskworld with here "I an't Dead" Sign? :lol:

[Edit]

Just remembered somlthing else:

- Relto invites. To be able to send an invite to your Relto. Like in the UserKI :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:15 pm 

Stellaflora wrote:
- Relto invites. To be able to send an invite to your Relto. Like in the UserKI :)

That should not be very had to implement. Since it's the same procedure they have to go throught when the sometime need to implement a new Age.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next