It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What Will Bring Destruction?
Kadish 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
Greed 62%  62%  [ 59 ]
Bahro 11%  11%  [ 10 ]
Disease 7%  7%  [ 7 ]
Escher 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 95
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:42 pm 

What do you think it is that will bring destruction to D'ni?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:43 pm 

The old thing called "Greed". :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:16 pm 

Possibly the improper restoration of the city as prescribed by the DRC. We already know, thanks to Yeesha, that the DRC are not restoring the city as she would have liked to see it done. Otherwise, we would not have been requested to follow her journey. Perhaps there is the sentiment that the DRC simply represent a new version of "The Proud," as they would undoubtedly become if they are successful in restoring the city compliant with their vision. So many of them have not taken the journey that Yeesha has left for us to follow, and because of this, The Least will be ignored yet again. Their presence in The Cavern cannot be denied, as one can hear their calls plainly.

Perhaps it means that the city may yet collapse again, as the two differing ideologies on its restoration may clash, and the ultimate loser will in fact be The Cavern.

KI #00063063

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think we will do it ourselves through misplaced pride and ego's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:24 pm 

Possibly, however if you have read the logs of the Town Meetings you will discover that many of the DRC have infact taken the journey and have been changed by it so I don't think it will neccessarily come from the DRC as a whole....but perhaps from a dynamic personality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:27 pm 

I think many of the DRC have heard and at least relate to the path of Yeesha. I still think the downfall will be the power grab, IE greed.

(my wonderfull keyboard has been dropped and it's leaving out and adding letters. I hope I have it fixed.) :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:47 pm 

TheDoctor wrote:
Possibly the improper restoration of the city as prescribed by the DRC. We already know, thanks to Yeesha, that the DRC are not restoring the city as she would have liked to see it done. Otherwise, we would not have been requested to follow her journey. Perhaps there is the sentiment that the DRC simply represent a new version of "The Proud," as they would undoubtedly become if they are successful in restoring the city compliant with their vision. So many of them have not taken the journey that Yeesha has left for us to follow, and because of this, The Least will be ignored yet again. Their presence in The Cavern cannot be denied, as one can hear their calls plainly.

Perhaps it means that the city may yet collapse again, as the two differing ideologies on its restoration may clash, and the ultimate loser will in fact be The Cavern.

True,

I personally think that Yeesha's vision is soundly constructed but I don't agree with the general idea of her vision apart from freeing the least.

Yeesha is dangerous, and the DRC can be dangerous, so maybe Vanity will bring about the destruction from both ends. We should seek to listen to Yeesha's advice but not become and advocate, nor should we become and advocate of the DRC, we should follow our own path.

Greeters Guild Greeter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:01 am 

I believe we will bring destruction upon ourselves in the same manner as the D'ni brought destruction upon themselves.

Saying that there is an evil force of some sort hiding and waiting is what one would expect to discover but it would be more unexpected, but expected (if that makes any sense) to think that we would bring some of our own evil along with us. It would be an interesting plot twist, if nothing else. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:26 am 
Creative Kingdoms

One of Yeesha's journals from "End Of Ages," found in the chamber off the rasied floor of the Great Shaft, reads:

"I began my journey with a heavy burden. It was Tiana who came to D'ni and caused its fall. I am from her. I feel I am destined to bring another destruction."

So there you have it. It's not among the poll's choices. It's Yeesha.

What destruction? D'no!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:40 am 
Obduction Backer

I agree with Ja'de cjkelly1 and many others here.

Greed, Pride, and Ego were the downfall of both the D'ni and Yeesha and I doubt that we explorers, the Bahro, the DRC, or any other faction will escape the destruction and ensuing chaos of that tripple curse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:44 am 

I'd go with pride. Or even greed. It's a common downfall. Though, who knows. Maybe someone knocks something over and it all falls apart. Or like, some guy pulls a lever that explicitly says "DO NOT PULL" and..."Oops."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Our sun going nova would do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:01 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Except it won't - sorry. Red giant, yellow dwarf, then white dwarf...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:06 am 

Deledrius wrote:
Our sun going nova would do it.

That would do it as well. :lol:

Hmmm. A similar unfortunate thing regarding the sun happened to Garternay. Could there be a hidden lever in Ae'gura which reads "Trigger nova - do not pull", or something like it? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:41 am 

Ja'de wrote:
I think we will do it ourselves through misplaced pride and ego's.

AMEN, sistah!!!

Yeah....what she said.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next