It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:01 pm 

Forgive me if someone has already asked, and had answered this question, but, in the Guild of writers, we keep comming to the question as to whether cyan will let us add D'ni storylines to our ages or not... Until recently I belived they shouldn't, but perhaps the guild of maintainers can also inspect if the storyline is too much use of cyan's story, and they could report it to cyan... I dunno, but I was hoping someone from cyan could clear this up once and for all, so we can ultimatly get on with our ages... (My age Yinfara is just growing a storyline, and someone came up with one that sounded good that had to do with the D'ni...so... ya)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Cyan stated once that user-made Ages shouldn't conflict with Cyan's storyline and therefore shouldn't be D'ni Ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:45 pm 

Unless Cyan likes your Age and integrates it within its own storyline...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:13 pm 

The basic gist is the GoW is /writing/ the Ages, not restoring them. Whatever structures are in the Ages released by the GoW are either created by the indigenous peoples or by the Explorers.

After all, Yeesha stated that the resolution to the Bahro War would be found in the Ages we write...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Previous posts to the contrary, Cyan hasn't said a thing about how player-written Ages will fit into Uru Live. Everybody has their theory.

Yes, Cyan once said this and GD once said that -- but not about MOUL, and not in the context of planning the current (since May) Guild system.

EDIT-ADD: And just to prove me wrong, I find this post on the GOW forum:

http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtop ... 786&p=7103

Summary: Cyan plans to keep control over the Ages, characters, and history they've created. So we will be "writing new".

So ignore the first half of this post. :)

Last edited by belford on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I dunno, but I was hoping someone from cyan could clear this up once and for all, so we can ultimatly get on with our ages... (My age Yinfara is just growing a storyline, and someone came up with one that sounded good that had to do with the D'ni...so... ya)
Send a PM about this to GreyDragon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]