It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:34 pm 

horatio252 wrote:
Okay, I've made those changes to the GoG entry. I would like to have an image of the "Helping Hands" in the entry, but my brief search of the GoG website proved fruitless. If anyone has one feel free to send it to me or post it here.

Ayli PMed you yesterday. Hope you got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the heads-up, Andros. I've registered with the GoMe forums and am just waiting for my account to be activated; once I can log in I'll be sure to join in the discussion going on there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:32 am 

Thanks to a generous donation from Ayli of the Guild of Greeters, all the restored guild entries now have their logos as they appear on the flyers in Kirel.

GoG now has a "helping hands" logo that resembles their shirts so that visitors to DPWR can easily identify Greeters when they see them in the cavern.

I was able to find a logo for GoC on one of their websites, though it is a bit small.

I am still accepting comments and contributions, though the above changes complete everything people have contacted me about.

MOULa KI: 00214606

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:41 am 
Obduction Backer

Personally I think the pages looked better before (when the Kirel logos were the guild colour swashes) the likelihood of every guild having a flyer in Kirel seems unlikely thus when new guilds are around you wont have consistency amongst the pages at DPWR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:46 am 

Alahmnat wrote:
On the opposite side of the coin, the Archive may have more "historical" information about the Age itself, or details about the history/development of the KI that are outside of the scope of a walkthrough or guide, but visitors to the GoG website have no indication of where they might be able to find that information.

You're right, the DPWR covers the history aspects in greater detail, whereas the GoG takes a more "generalist" approach to its historical coverage.

Alahmnat wrote:
What I'm proposing is a simple system of link-backs to various pages on our respective websites, so for example, DPWR's entry on Ahnonay would contain a link to the GoG walkthrough, and perhaps eventually a link to the GoC's map of the Age, should they release one. GoG's walkthrough and GoC's map page would both link back to DPWR's entry on Ahnonay in return (and perhaps even more ideally, link to each other as well), providing an interconnected resource of information that gives visitors and new players all of the information they need or want, without requiring them to stumble across all three websites on their own.

I do agree with you that there is a need to ensure that visitors aren't treated to a broken link when attempting to use one of these cross-links, and that is perhaps where most of the work will come in over the long run. However, I think good communication and cooperation will be able to head off many of these issues before they spring up.

Sounds good. But as you mentioned, communication is essential. To increase communication we would love to discuss specifics with you further on this thread at the GoG forum, where I'm sure you'll receive more input from our GMs than just me talking. I won't presume to speak for the guild; I'm sure each member can speak for themselves. I'll keep checking here frequently as usual.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2