It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:18 am 

I know I should have put this disclaimer in, for those that think that we Writers will spit out Ages in a month or less, think again.
One of the concepts for holding contests like these is as a stop gap measure, so that when we Writers get really good, full of content Ages out of these contests, they can be processed by the Guild of Maintainers and onto the public MORE server

Last contest Team Andy Legate and friends at the Guild of Maintainers won with their awesome Age, Zephyr Cove, which was done long before the features like animations and wave sets were included in the GoW PyPrp plugin, since then this Age is looking so sweet, you'll forget that its a game :D

Much gratitude goes to the plugin developers, considering that they have to work with the abysmal Blender API.

All these Ages thus far have been built mostly entirely in Blender, a free and open source modelling and animation suite

I myself have stopped working on Ages for a short while whilst I work on a plugin for Blender that will hopefully allow rides like that in Er'Cana or Ahnonay a lot easier to do.

Avatar animations (armature rigging in Blender) aren't implemented, nor are complex GUI's like those found in Tolesa, i'm sure the plugin deveopers are working hard on a way to prepare a port of the plugin to work with the upcoming more.

We the Writers are just as anxious as you are to get content for you to play with, but right now, you can follow the link in the first post and download Ahra Pahts, and using ULM (available link is at the GoW) you too can visit these Shells in the offline game of Uru Complete Chronicles or Uru Path of the Shell.

Other shells not in this contest but are also available in the current version of Ahra Pahts include Ronert the Rebuilder's Shell #111, a 3D maze for you to solve, and my Shell #119, which even though its not finished still has enough content in it for you to enjoy, or even just to listen to the New Zealand native bird, the tui.

Also note that Aha Pahts is not completely finished either, but is nearing to its big 1.0 version release real soon (when Aloys' fiinally has his internet connection sorted out)

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:53 pm 

It was a privilege to be a judge in this round of the RAD contest, all of the shells were great,
but alas, there can be only one winner. Congrats to all creators! :D

As for Ahra Pahts, I've always pronounced it AH-ra PaHts similar to "Car Parts" with a Harvard accent. :wink:

Has anyone asked Aloys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:28 pm 

Mowog wrote:
By the way, does anybody know what the name means?

"Pahts" is the D'ni word for "city". "Ahra", who knows? And I think I read "City of Ahra" somewhere recently so I bet that's the one. :) (AH-ra pAHts?)

I've been taking a sneak peak of the contestant shells and they are all very impressive. Congrats all! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

I pronounce it Ahrah pats (rhymes with cats)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:24 pm 

So what are we pronouncing? The name of a base Age to work from that someone wrote?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:48 am 

kodokahnræd kæm lorahg kenen b’ken shin b-baikh b’totee rahnahl tso mahrntahvom

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Aura Pots ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:43 am 
Obduction Backer

I pronounced it "ahrah pahts" (OTS) or "ara pac" (NTS). The "Pahts" part is definitely "pahts"/"pac", at least in D'ni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:34 am 

With my accent I pronounce it as Ah-ra Paa-ts, anyway going off track here.

How many of you have visited these shells?

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com