It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

The fully functional coordinate system in the city needs the GZ to be calibrated... this is surely something that will accomplished soon in Uru Live.
Having the same feature in other Ages is a difficult option, since, IC, there is no Great Zero there - just the Maintainers' zero marker. :shrug:

Morningstar - KI#1053460
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:51 pm 

I think I remember reading in one of the KI journals that the zero markers were supposed to benchmark coordinates also, but I'm not sure how that would be accomplished. Maybe they tap into the Great Zero?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Uhm... it could work... well, as one of the DRC members said recently (it was Engberg IIRC), we can always explain things with: "D'ni technology. No other explanation!" :mrgreen:

Morningstar - KI#1053460
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Maintainer's Marks are capable of projecting GZ coordinates in the other Ages. The Mark itself is the 0.0.0 point and things radiate out from there lust as they do in D'ni from the Zero mark at the GZ Courtyard. I imagine there's probably a bit of high-tech interfacing going on between the Marks and the GZ in D'ni to manage the coordinate systems in other Ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Can we have the KI selectable at 3 user levels? basic, intermediate, and advanced. Most of us here are used to the KI as it is, and it's a very hard thing to get used to in the beginning. This option would allow new users/players to 'upgrade' their KI as and when they thought they had mastered the KI 'levels' so to speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:22 pm 

There's a second KI dispensor in Gareeson, in the upper half of the seconed building. By the time you got there you would probobly have gotten used to the interface.

A few more ideas:

- City map in GZ. When the GZ is fully calibrated, the calibration imager changes to a map of Ae'gura which can show where all the active KIs are with little dots, prehaps differnt coloured dots for KIs that are being used (are communicating with the GZ)

- KI map. A map of which ever age your in (showing only places that you've been and the KI has info for), or even just for the city and the hoods, showing where you are and where and who everyone else is in your locality. This could be handy with hide and seek where the hiders can choose to have their location and hotspot tag hidden until the finder clicks on them from close range (so the KI registers them as having been found).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:07 am 

This has bugged me for a while, I've always wanted to have the option to flip on a "Ki Dar" and have nametags appear for everyone in the age (even through walls and the like). Combine this with the Ki Map that Stellaflora talked about and you have a winner!

Here's an example of Short Range KiDar, note that only the closest avatars (those within voice chat distance) have their nametag shown. This mode would be useful for when there are so many avatars in the age with you that nametag pollution becomes a problem. I also feel that this would make chatting feel more personal, as we wont have to keep hovering our mouse everywhere to figure out who were talking to.

And here's Long Range KiDar, everybody in the age has their nametag displayed no matter where they are. The closest avatars are still designated by the "><" around their names. Good for when there are fewer people in the age, and could help coordinate multi-user puzzles.

And here’s one more thing that would be truly awesome, hover menus that have some of the most common tasks in them, so we don’t have to always trudge through the clunky Ki interface. There are lots of things that could be aded here, but I just put up some basics (things we already have for the most part).

One thing I didn’t show in the image (mostly because we don’t actually have something like it in game) is a "View Player ID" option that would bring up the avatars ID Card. This public profile could have things like name, age, stats (like ages solved and markes hunted), and a box for personal text...none of this mandatory of course.

[Edit] An invantory system would also be nice, and open up the posibility of haveing the object you need to solve a puzzle be in another age. kthanksbye :) [/Edit]

Last edited by StarLion on Sun May 14, 2006 11:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:47 am 

Those would be really helpful! It would make Sardines less fun though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:15 am 

I was thinking about that too, and if Sardines is made into an offical minigame (like the player created marker hunts) it could be set up to disable KiDar when its active.

Problem solved. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:54 pm 

Like I'd meantioned in the post about a KI map, indeviduals could have an option to turn off their KI location sensor, so poximity information is turned off (no brackets around their name when in voice range), they don't appear in the map and their mouseover tag dosn't appear until your in the book shareing range (right in front of them) That way the KI can't be used to find them if they don't wish to be found for whatever reason. Aslo there could be an "unlisted" option so they don't appear in the Age list (somtimes people just want to go and collect markers without distraction)

And I really like the idea of having a mini menu popup when you click on the avi, although you missed out "PM" at the top. Also if a KI profile system is implemented I think it could be called the KI'd / KI'D (KI - ID) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:30 pm 

Thats an even better way to fix Sardines Stella :) I cant tell you how much I want to see nametags / KI-Dar make it into the game, it would just make interaction so much better. I'm thinking about makeing a seperate thread with a poll to see how many people are intrested...

And as for the missing "Send PM" in the popup list...the current system of selecting the avitar in your buddy list to send PM's kinda makes it pointless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:03 pm 

:roll: Oyh, as long as the age-chatlist can be sorted alphabetically I'd be happy; as it is, if I want to select someone to talk to and that person moves, their name also moves and I wind up selecting the wrong person... oh the embarassement!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:21 pm 

All great ideas, but I think I like the nametag thing how it is. However, the drop down menu item over a player....pure genius!

Lots of good ideas, but I don't really want the KI interface to interfere with the visual I get of those beautiful places we visit.

Too much interfacing takes away the feeling of actually being there and seeing things in RL, which I always liked about the series-the view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:38 pm 

I like that Tech KI'D. Plus make having advanced KI's be a choice. That way if ppl want to enjoy the look of the game they can stick with the old KI and if they want the tech KI they can get one.
I have found that Sardines in the city is not all that exciting because you can slowly scan your mouse across the screen in a search pattern and find anyone even thru walls. Typically I stand on the rope bridge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:10 pm 

Tallonenx brings up a good point, what if some people dont like some of the interface changes that have been made? Will Cyan expand the KI's options page and allow you to put some things in "Classic KI Mode"?

Lots of the options weve been seeing here would obviously have an on/off switch (Age Coordinates overlay, real world clock overlay, nametags, etc), but things that actualy change the visable interface...what about them?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next