It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:12 pm 

I think that one of the first things too come in an update to Uru Live should be the ENTIRE journey to the cavern. In EOA we get to travel part of the journey, and get to go down the entire well (which was awe inspiring).

Plus, if you searched the well you can find a DRC print out of the elevator in the well in one of the rest nooks. Which says to me that the DRC has fixed the elevator and we should be able to go down that way in Uru Live.

And the journey down comes to and abrupt stop when you reach the broken door handle :evil: which drove me nuts, 'cause I really looked forward to doing what Atrus, Tiana, and the DRC did (and the DRC members describe the trip down as the highlight and favorite part of their lives!)

So I guess my suggestion is, put the Journey Down In The Works Please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, that would be awesome, I agree!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

nerf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

I would prefer a new age myself. I mean, what's there going to be in the journey from the surface to D’ni? Tunnels, tunnels, more tunnels. Maybe the occasional interesting rock formation.

I think a new age would be much cooler. An age like Tay or Edanna. Something that captivates your imagination; something that would be fun to explore.

Personally, I don’t think a bunch of dark tunnels would be very stimulating, but that’s just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:42 pm 

Ummm... go read BOA or BOT or a summary of them at the Jazz Club.

They are *not* just dark tunnels at all, there is lava, and rest houses, and bridges, and that dripstone cavern and a whole D'ni industrial district that you have to go through.

And at any rate I said that it should be one of the first things that is put in, :lol: of course a new age would be waaaaaay better.

On that subject I would like to see Rebek or Kahlo be the first new ages.

Unless of course we got a guild hall.... :wink:

I've always been a stickler for the city, 'cause I like learning about the guilds and history of D'ni-what made it tick-I'm a historian myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

:oops: Yes, I've read the books, but I had forgotten about the lava part. Thanks for reminding me. Perhaps it is not such a bad idea after all. The industrial district would be interesting to explore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:34 pm 

Industrial district exploration!? Heck yeeaah! And maybe the DRC might even be benevolent enough to let us fiddle with the big mining machines! :lol:

Something like this wouldn't happen all at once, though. I think the best way to do this would be to have monthly updates- for example, you explore a section of the tunnel and come to a door/seal that won't open. From there, you have to wait until the next month when Cyan will make an update and open the door to the next section of the tunnel. This way, they won't have to dedicate massive portions of their time to finishing the tunnel-journey all at once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:02 pm 

:D I agree. A Great way to get the *exalted* journey down and new ages at the same time.

And doing that whole ventilation/elevator center puzzle with someone would make it so much easier. In myst V our Journal was a copy of the one that Aitrus (Ghens father, Atrus' grandfather) made his map of how to get down (or in his case out!) of D'ni.

Perhaps we can use it and explore and get lost in the tunnels.

What fun! :twisted: Uhhh, yea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

alot of us or history buffs so taking the journey Anna did would be nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:13 am 

I'd love to expore the tunnels :D, to actualy see what they looked like, to follow in the footsteps of Anna, Aitrus, Atrus and Ghen! :o

Also I think that Cyan have a fair part of the turnnel model compeated, there was a clip of part of it in a video that I saw a screenshot of a while back, and of course there is the part we see in End of Ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:16 am 

I like tunnels. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:01 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Besharen wrote:
I would prefer a new age myself.

This is the classic mistake of a forced argument and choice. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Some things are easy, some are hard. Cyan would do the analysis, not us, and decide that maybe they can do both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

If it is done very faithfull to what's been reported in the book and the journals: it is something like several miles of dark maze-like tunnels, with some occasionnal highlights (especially toward the end).
But even if it isn't exactly facinating visually speaking, we're going for the emotionnal side of the journey here.
The real journey down (or up) was supposed to take two days. I know I wouldn't mind doing that. I would *love* to.
"Honey I'm packing up for the week end, I'm going down to D'ni. See you next week". 8)

Also on a more personal note and strictly historically speaking, doing the Descent was what all Mudpie was about for a time.. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:56 pm 

I'd rather explore some floating islands with tunnels in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

If custom Ages are allowed and we're given tools by Cyan, 'floating islands with tunnels in them' is at the top of my list. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:18 pm 

You're hired! :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next