It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:37 pm 

Note, this is an email from Myst general information (website: http://www.cyanworlds.com/company/contact.php Email address: [email protected])

Cyan Worlds General Information wrote:
Hello,

I'm hoping that Riven will be available by early summer at the latest. Uru Live, maybe within a month. Watch the Myst online website for updates. the rest of the Myst series get complicated fast due to technology issues and rights licensing. Not sure those will make it.

Thanks for you continued support.

tony

On Feb 1, 2010, at 9:31 AM, wrote:

Hello, I am wondering if you have an ETA for Riven for iPhone and Uru Live. I know that Uru Live is supposed to come back online this year, but I am wondering if you know any more than that. I would also like to know if you have any plans for the rest of the Myst series to be converted so that it runs on the iPhone. I have heard that one of the problems that you have been having with Riven is that the game is too large for the App store. Have you thought about posting Riven as a free game, and then allowing people to buy the full game as an expansion pack through in-app purchases?

NightHawk64345

This is an email that I sent asking about approximate dates for Riven for iPhone and Myst Online: Uru Live. I have removed my email address to avoid spam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:05 pm 

Is this for real? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:10 pm 

Just sent a reply to the address the website gave for confirmation. Hope this is true. Not sure whether to trust this, but I doubt NightHawk would rly lie about something as big as MOUL coming back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:23 pm 

Interesting...

RAWA, Chogon, can any of you @ Cyan confirm this on here?

KI#46415

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:37 pm 

Sadly I believe this "within a month" is just another kind of the infamous "soon" (and we all know what soon means). Hope I am wrong. I really do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

I wouldn't doubt the source, nor the honesty of the answer. At worst, as The stranger said, it all boils down to the usual 'soon' :lol: I guess it means both "no sooner than late summer", "after this launches, we'll have more time to devote to Uru" and "the project is not that far from completion"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:33 pm 

laughingpineapple wrote:
I wouldn't doubt the source, nor the honesty of the answer. At worst, as The stranger said, it all boils down to the usual 'soon' :lol: I guess it means both "no sooner than late summer", "after this launches, we'll have more time to devote to Uru" and "the project is not that far from completion"...

Hmmm but saying within a month for MORE seems more definite and more surer than Cyan's previous projections for MORE. Still this is interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

sarpedon2 wrote:
Hmmm but saying within a month for MORE ...

A small point, but the quoted email doesn't say "MORE", it says "URU Live". Read into that what you will, I guess :?

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:48 pm 

Mac_Fife wrote:
A small point, but the quoted email doesn't say "MORE", it says "URU Live". Read into that what you will, I guess :?

Well its all the same to me, MORE, MOUL, Uru Live. Though I do prefer Uru Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:59 pm 

I was actually surprised when I got an email back telling me anything about when MO:UL was going to come back online and when Riven for iPhone is planned to be released. Most of the time, when I ask about when something is going to come out, what it is going to be called, or what it is going to look like, I get an answer that either says, "How should I know, go look in the forums", or "that is none of your business" (those are the kind of responses that I get from other companies like EA or Nintendo).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Which is why Cyan, as a group of people that relates to a group of fans, is 10x lovelier than EA (where even the cool people who work in it know that they're working under mean person/people), Nintendo (ha, good luck with those guys!) and many others. Being a small company, and one that speaks in the same language as the fans approaching them, helps in this regard, but still. :? They could be mean person/people too if they wanted to.

I also got a very sweet answer, months ago, while expecting none...

Quote:
A small point, but the quoted email doesn't say "MORE", it says "URU Live". Read into that what you will, I guess

...I read into it that they're now confused by their own acronyms, that's what :lol: I lost track after "MOOSE", myself :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:42 pm 

Very interesting. It would be nice if someone from Cyan could confirm this. If it's true, poor Mr. Fryman is probably being smacked by RAWA for breaking Cyan's #1 rule: "If you can't say something cryptic, don't say anything."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

My reaction to this when I saw it was something like: :shock: :o :D :lol:

Seems to me if somebody was trying to fake a Cyan email, they'd sign it from Rand or RAWA, not Tony Fryman. Especially since I consider myself somewhat of an uber-fan and I had to look up Mr. Fryman's position at Cyan to make sure who he was... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

I believe Mr Frymans actual response was

"In shallow waters fishes wait, dragonflys snap, a storm does not feed the earth as the swallow flies with coconuts"

[edit] typo fail

Last edited by Tweek on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

That actually sounds like an Eric Cantona press interview :wink:

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next