It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:36 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:09 pm 

I love that picture as well. It does a great job reminding me the perfection of simple and elegant...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:53 pm 

This is amazing dude.

~Yeesha~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:57 pm 

Very Nice. Thanks for sharing your art.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULagain: Nal KI#00 083 543, Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 am 

Linger wrote:
I'm a fan, the thing that draws me in the most is originality, being parallel to the Myst game-style yet not seeming to be taking ideas from it in the form of places, puzzles, people, events, etc. A hard thing to accomplish flawlessly and you're very close. I'd love to explore the intricacies of your world here in Na'yeleh some day, whether it be within a game-space or through online art and stories. Please continue with this.
Hopefully once Cyan and the community get fan created content well integrated and smoothed out, we'll begin seeing many more interesting examples.

and Image says me as if its a mouth of some shark and inside this all..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 pm 

This is really, really beautiful. The vibrant colours, the whole atmosphere of the thing. The third image almost looks like something out of Riven. I'm intrigued. Someone should make this into 3D, it deserves at least that much.

MO:ULa KI number: #1004808
Deviantart page: http://sythiar.deviantart.com
Personal homepage: http://www.evajutzeler.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:09 pm 

Aw! Thank you very much everyone for all your nice comments! In that case I might finish off my idea and post the rest, including the story and puzzle (a puzzle which is logically connected to the story and environment).

It was very important to me that my work for this has an authentic Myst/D'ni feel, which I must admit I haven't often seen in a lot of fan-created stuff. I really don't want to upset anyone, but I'd prefer it if URU Live didn't end up looking like Second Life.

Unfortunately I can't do 3D rendering, but if anyone's interested in trying this out, feel free to get in touch, as I'm more than happy to share this.

And if Cyan is reading this: I would work for you for free! :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:30 am 

The trouble is that people's 'my first age' type project turns into their main project, instead of being a practice run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:13 am 

Both the artwork and the music are fantastic. As a fellow musician, I'm really impressed with your other music as well. I particularly like the atmosphere of "Orbital Tea Party" and "Solar Waves". I mean really, you could submit this stuff to a music library for games, easy. (Of course, signing away your copyrights is never a fun thing to consider-- I'm just saying that your work is very much game quality.) What are you using to make your music?

Also how long did it take you to make each painting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:21 pm 

Fabulous work here, SolarShine. You've done excellent work so far, and I hope one of the talented Blender gurus here gets in touch with you to help make it a reality (or, uh, a virtual reality).

You've inspired me to make my own age concept art, despite my lack of 3d modeling skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:00 am 

Location: Florida + Connecticut + South Carolina + Germany + Poland
Yali wrote:
...This picture completely and utterly feels like a new Myst game, or a Myst III had Cyan continued after Riven. ...

uh, there is a Myst 3, 4, and 5.

MogwaII, 爪口ム山丹工工, #04938979, or Jim Greene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Myst V is Cyan, yes. Myst III and Myst IV, no.

Myst V is also after Uru, and not really a "true" myst game, in the sense that it follows the story of the original stranger, and being set roughly 200 years ago. =P (its set, roughly in 2005 AD)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:39 am 
Obduction Backer

This is breathtaking, almost professional and absolutely Myst-ical, SolarShine...
I definitely would like to see more of this or even explore such a world...
Love your music as well... Thanks for sharing... :D

janaba MOULa KI #154268, Minkata KI #4525 Image, Gehn KI # 16392, TOC KI # 86963
MO:ULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 am 

wow
this is really wonderfull :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
i wish i could make such ages......

and always remember: D'ni has fallen, but we will not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:32 pm 

It's amazing, and I'd love to do something with it.

I'd had plans for a jungle age as my second age - because we've never had an honest-to-goodness explorable jungle in Uru.

But those plans had accounted for the jungle to be partially enclosed in rock arches, and open on one side to a rocky sea.

Now that I've seen your concept art - and it's breathtaking - I know what I want my rocky sea to look like, and that I want your uniquely designed island to be the most prominent thing visible from it.

Indeed, I'd love to model the entire piece, both my island and your islands, in the same vast sea filled with little rocky outcroppings.

I want people to be able to swim through the age, from island to island, from your design to mine and back again.

It's a problematic goal, to be sure, as I have more pressing things to work on than Uru ages at the moment, and this concept is immensely ambitious - would require many hundreds of hours of work to do well - but I think, realistically, by early 2011 I'd be in a position to tackle this age - I will have grown in experience a great deal from my first Uru environment (the D'ni Temple) by then anyway.

Essentially, the island with the partially enclosed jungle would be behind the viewer in this view. That's where I'd put it. You're in this chaotic, shadowy, dense jungle space, and then you emerge to see this view, and you can swim over to the island and explore it.

There'd be a contrast between the overgrown, claustrophobic design of the jungle and the carefully sculpted, less cluttered garden-like design of your more open space. I've been scribbling a lot of ideas for plants, vines, trees, etc, but have yet to really effectively put what's in my mind on paper or in a digital form.

I will need to, however, in order to show you what I'm thinking of doing, and how it could be compatible with what you're trying to create with Nay'eleh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:59 pm 

A very nice job indeed. The art work is totally awesome. I loved it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2