It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:12 pm 

Hello !

When I launch the game and after the login, the game prompt me to install PhysX.

The setup start but when I agree the license agreement, I've got the error message : "Installation ended prematurely because of an error.".

I'm on Windows 7 and my video card is a NVidia GeForce 7300 Go.

Do you know how to solve this issue ? Because of this problem I can't launch the game.

Last edited by keo on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:49 pm 

See the thread "Cautionary Tale". I had the same problem. My computer evidently didn't recognize me as the admin, so I could'nt properly install PhysX, or say yes to the licensing agreement. The fix is in the 2nd to last post. Hope it works for you!

Edit: Am pasting ilike2burnthing's fix here so it will be easier for you to find:

Once you have saved the [physX] installer to your computer, create a shortcut on your desktop by right-clicking the installer and selecting "Send To" then "Desktop (create shortcut)". Now right-click the shortcut and select Properties, then add ' /quiet' (minus quotation marks) to the end of the command line (aka Target Line) so that it looks something like this (specifically the end):

C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\PhysX_9.09.0428_SystemSoftware.exe /quiet

If there are quotation marks, for example:

"C:\Program Files\PhysX_9.09.0428_SystemSoftware.exe"

leave the quotations where they are, then hit space and add /quiet.

It is important you make a single space between what is there and what you enter, /quiet

Now hit apply, and if you typed it correctly you shouldn't get an error.

Go to the 'Compatibility' tab and towards the bottom tick 'Run this program as an administrator'.

Now hit OK and double-click the shortcut. Everything should run fine from there. If you try to run the game and it still doesn't recognise it, restart the computer.

Post subject: Ageia
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:22 pm 

I have the original Ageia Physx..Nvidia says to make sure i put on the 8.09 one first...something to do with the runtime. Please read at their site (It is on the page for downloading the 9.09).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:02 pm 

Thank you very much, it worked for me !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:38 am 
Obduction Backer

I am having this problem, but your method of adding "/quiet" to the target line isn't working for me. I am running Windows Vista 32-bit and according to my computer my graphics card is "NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:07 pm 

Yeah, I have vista, but with 64 bit. I don't know, but the graphics card details were irrelevant for me, I just got the latest physX for my OS, tried the fix above and it worked. Once the physX was downloaded properly, the game install for physX is by-passed.