It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Buddy hood detail
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:20 am 

Currently when you use your KI to trace the location of a buddy you will often find they are in a hood but not which hood.

This is not to big an issue at quiet times when there may be only three or four hoods active.

But in the busy times it can be a problem.

Ok you could PM the buddy and ash which hood are you in but if the hood in question is busy your PM could be off the screen in seconds.

The budy could be AFK or in transit.

Ok for the transit issue there may be no solution and the AFK should I believe give you the "on the surface" message but this still stops you locating the hood so you can be around when they return.

All this is with numbers at the current level If we go to the predicted numbers required for the latter stages of the Beta test things could only get worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:54 am 
Obduction Backer

I agree that a specification of the hood the boddy is in would be great... it's one of those things I always hoped to see implemented in the game.

Morningstar - KI#1053460
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:52 pm 

A lot more Age Specifics would be nice. For example, when someone's in their Eder Gira, it say's they're in Eder Gira, not Whilyam's Eder Gira, etc. It might also be nice to see something in the City with the various areas. So if someone was standing in the Library, it would say "Library" etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:39 pm 

I agree the city specific areas would be nice but at the moment there appears to be a shortage of discrete boundaries between areas.

It could however specify a building if the player was inside or the nearest link point if outside.

Players would prety soon figure out the boundaries and this would negate the city as a hide and seek venue. :(

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]