It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: MOULa's Most Wanted
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:18 am 

I was chatting with some others in the GoG Bevin and realized that the current game is missing alot of things it once had. Now I'm not going to get into the whole Player content VS Cyan Content / Timlines to MORE rigamorole, but to me some signs of moving forward (and mini content to appease the fans) would be the reintroduction of some of these elements such as...

1. The Mintaka sparklie
2. The Great Tree room conected to the Watchers pub
3. The Egg Room Puzzle (maybe in the future when we have something for it to reveal?)
4. The Myst fireplace Puzzle (See above)
5. Maintainer Suit and the Wall (some work may be happening with this...)
6. The Kadish soccer ball
7. Fireflies that come with you if you take the Bevin link in Eder Kemo.
8. The Zandimobile (drivable)
9. The fluttering butterflies in the alternative Kadish Vault
10. KI coordinates in K'veer and the Spy room.
11. Bevin and Seret added as global public neighborhoods opened by the DRC.(This link has useful information on the subject: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 786#337786)
12.. Fix the physics engine
13. Places where cannens could be added to increase our Relto playlists (see katreeny's list here: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... c&start=30 )
14. Nexus books in the Watcher's and Guild pubs, as well as Mintaka
15. GZ coordinates in the Nexus (currently stuck at 00000 000 000)
16. Nexus books in Er'cana, Ahnonay, all other DRC-released Ages
17. GZ coordinates in other Ages, via Maintainers Marks.
18. Sensible instancing rules

Feel free to post comments, corrections, or additional ideas. Also I personally haven't seen all these things but many of them seem really fun and would like a chance to explore/participate in them.

Things that were done:
1. Sharper's Journal
2. The lights that can be seen through the Hood telescope.
3. "Bevins" changed back into Neighborhoods or Hoods

Part 2: Avatars located here: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20775
Part 3: Ki located here: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20777

Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom

member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent

"I invented the term the Bevin Generation do I get a spot in Mystlore?"

Last edited by jadawin12 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:58 am, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:09 am 

1. The text is back?? I was almost getting attached to the "empty book!"
2. Well, if the St. Patrick's Day hats could be done...
3. I heard the Minkata sparklie was a particularly pervasive bug, and that another bug's fix ended up rebugging it
4. I'd prefer an Indiana Jones hat... although Sharper's hat did remind me of it.
5. Considering the Great Tree was connected by way of puzzle, and I've heard the whole puzzle structure is still there behind the wall, that would be a big undertaking... a) rework the PotS arc again to match the, well, PotS offline expansion, or b) enable the puzzle and hope there's people out there that would get it. I know we're all about exploring and all, but nearly all of the "exploration" areas have some sort of gameplay reward attached to them, and we've already got a link to Myst.
6. Yeah there needs to be something back there. Actually, put the Easter Egg pages back there; considering Bevin's eggroom (which housed them in To D'ni) is wide open, and Kirel-eggroom's original purpose is moot (you have access to all Ae'gura from the start), that wouldn't be a bad thing to put in there.
7. Could put the fireplace page (or another page, since a lot of us have finished the PotS arc by now) back there again, or just leave it open for the Easter Egg that was back there.
8. Only in conjunction with #10.
9. There was a soccer ball? Maybe it just moved to Minkata.
10. I never saw the Wall properly used. UU had it enabled, but the only reason anyone ever went there was to get the suit and glitch themselves out to Relto and to the nearest hood.
11. I see it out there, I do, but for all I'm worth I can't get over the fence. I know where I needed to jump and everything... can not do it.

And
12. Fireflies that come with you if you take the Bevin link in Eder Kemo. I miss dancing with them in the fountain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 am 
Obduction Backer

I will comment on points two and four. :)

In the original Uru Live, the Great Tree jacket was given to those who supported the cause of Douglas Sharper. Eventually they formed the Great Tree movement, which still exists today. The jacket is probably there in the offline version as a reminder. Since the Great Tree Pub used to belong to Douglas Sharper in the past, the jacket could have been left there by Sharper itself perhaps. Now if everyone could get the jacket now, it will lose its meaning.
Regarding your fourth point: it would be very odd if everyone was wearing Douglas' hat. When Uru was live the last time, characters like Douglas Sharper actually appeared in the game. Perhaps that will happen again occasionally if there are enough resources for Cyan. So you need to be able to distinguish Sharper from the rest and it would be very illogical if everyone was wearing the same hat he has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Adding the things from your list requires a wide range of effort from Cyan. The easiest may be the Great Tree Pub Jacket and Sharper's Hat because these just require a variable to be set. Maybe this is also the case with the Maintainer Suit.

The colors in Sharper's journal require the addition of some formatting tags in the journal's text, I believe, which takes a little more effort than switching a toggle.

The Minkata sparklie needs a bug fixing, but that fix is already known and available.

The Kadish Soccer ball may need some more effort to port it from Until Uru to MOUL. But I think this also has already been done by some fans.

The Great Tree room and the Myst fireplace puzzle require the modification of existing Ages in MOUL which isn't as trivial as it may sound, even if the additional parts are basically already there.

The Gahreesen Wall appears to be a stubborn animal, it resists its release since the shut down of Until Uru. For those who never have seen it in action, check out this old video "Maintainer Suit Action" by G'havin.

I guess the Kirel Egg Room Puzzle falls into the same category as the Great Tree room and the Myst fireplace. However, the easter egg that this puzzle leads to (including the Zandimobile) is actually available in MOULagain. See one of my marker quests that I posted in thread Marcker quests.

I would like to add one thing to your list: I am not totally sure, but I think that MOUL had some fluttering butterflies in the alternative Kadish Vault in addition to the Relto page that adds those butterflies to your Relto. These butterflies are missing in the alternative vault of MOULagain. I guess that enabling those also just needs a variable to be set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I would like to add one thing to your list: I am not totally sure, but I think that MOUL had some fluttering butterflies in the alternative Kadish Vault in addition to the Relto page that adds those butterflies to your Relto. These butterflies are missing in the alternative vault of MOULagain. I guess that enabling those also just needs a variable to be set.

There were butterflies, yes. The Relto page is there, it is difficult to notice in the dim vault, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

11. needs qualifying. Whilst you can get to the zandimobile, you can't drive it. That might be fun at a later date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Erik wrote:
I will comment on points two and four. :)

In the original Uru Live, the Great Tree jacket was given to those who supported the cause of Douglas Sharper. Eventually they formed the Great Tree movement, which still exists today. The jacket is probably there in the offline version as a reminder. Since the Great Tree Pub used to belong to Douglas Sharper in the past, the jacket could have been left there by Sharper itself perhaps. Now if everyone could get the jacket now, it will lose its meaning.
Regarding your fourth point: it would be very odd if everyone was wearing Douglas' hat. When Uru was live the last time, characters like Douglas Sharper actually appeared in the game. Perhaps that will happen again occasionally if there are enough resources for Cyan. So you need to be able to distinguish Sharper from the rest and it would be very illogical if everyone was wearing the same hat he has.

Well, as for the Sharper hat, its a slouch hat, that is very much part of the ANZAC tradition. I would love to use this, being an Australian, and I'd imagine others would too... While it, in the online version, it is technically used to denote "This person is sharper" I'm sure there are /other/ ways to do this. Sharper is not the only human being to have ever worn such a hat, so I don't see why it would be illogical at /all/. Its a fairly common hat format, I don't often see it /worn/ in Australia, but, its not an uncommon format. Though, it /is/ odd that *Douglas Sharper* wears it, though, as so far as I know, he's not an aussie, and thus wearing a slouch hat, is odd, due to its primary association to the ANZAC tradition/spirit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:47 pm 

Ok I will be updating the list momentarily... Thank you everyone so far for your comments thoughts and info.

Oh and just so everyone one knows this list isn't for everything on it to be fixed at once but rather a something that could be done maybe an item a month or bi-monthly so people would still have "new" things to play with as time passed... Thanks again everyone and keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:01 pm 

As I recall the zandimobile used to cause havoc to Uru CC if you crashed it. Something that may be fun in the offline version but causing the same problems on a server may spoil it for more then that one person. although it would be nice to see the inside of it. I remember Airstreams are pretty luxurious on the inside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Referencing #6 - I found all my old notes from the Easter Egg Kirel puzzle, waltzed around the old ages and got the payoff in the Rainy cleft. Had a blast doing it, too. Brought back some mighty fun memories. Did make me wish for #11, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Referencing #1... I haven't confirmed this, but in the thread on Sharper's Journal, sounds like the colors are back. Thanks, Cyan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Mookow did the soccer ball in Kadish for UU. That was a blast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Maintainer suits and the wall game from Gahreesen!!!

(And the sparkly from minkata)

and a new dance for the ladies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Uh, quickie note, the *kirel* egg room has nothing to do with the Zandoni.. That was the /Bevin/ egg room, in the offline game.

The Kirel Egg Room had Bahro stones leading to various places in the city, and a Bahro stone leading to the Great Zero Observation chamber (where you start on the first stage of the marker hunts)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:39 am 

Malfhok wrote:
Referencing #1... I haven't confirmed this, but in the thread on Sharper's Journal, sounds like the colors are back. Thanks, Cyan!

I just checked it myself and it is correct I shall update the list.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next