It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm 

A Guild uniform of some sort for the other Guilds, the t-shirt is alright but it doesn't feel too 'professional'. I'd like to be wearing a good jacket or cloak for the Writer Guild personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:31 am 

jadawin12 wrote:
It's ok things happen. Hmm well there are one or two fireflies already in the Hoods I'd imagine they would eat what the others eat, which I would guess would be the fungus that grows in some of the light gardens.

Maybe they feed of off the lake algae that we need to light the city :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:39 pm 

Hoo boy more to fix, to Kaelis and Kemy yours will be added to the Avatar Thread of MMW,

Katreeny, you had me very confused for a moment, but that seems reasonable on the whole. I'll add that to the list.

Rudolfson, that must be it! oh wait... if they are from Kemo then the should be afraid of water... Hmm we must get to the bottom of this mystery..

I also was scoping the competition and heard that in some of the Hoods, a large fish swims up to telescope platform, and in another area a boat can be seen, I'm guessing these are old additions, can anyone give info?

Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom

member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent

"I invented the term the Bevin Generation do I get a spot in Mystlore?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:58 pm 

The "large fish" is simply a huge dark shadow that can be seen from the telescope platform sometimes. I have yet to see it in MOULa but I did see it during MOUL and it's been there since prologue. Note that you wont see it looking through the telescope, it appears in the actual water beneath the platform.

The boats are similar in that you dont look through the telescope you look way out to the small rocky outcroppings in the water. As before I have yet to see them in MOULa but during MOUL and as far back as prologue it is possible to see faint outlines of boats traveling to and fro in the distance.

It is my belief that the boats were never supposed to be turned on though until it became possible to use the boats in the ferry to reach the City Proper, as was in Uru's original plan. The lights seen through the telescope are supposed to be explorers moving around on the Great Stair so it's feasible that the boats in the distance are supposed to be explorers sailing to and from the City Proper.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:36 am 

Does the Shadow move? is that why it is called a fish? The boat thing sounds interesting, It may be fun to be added if not immediately eventually

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:54 am 

Yes it moves but it isn't an animation. More a flat dark texture in the outline of a large fish that moves from one side of the lake to the other. Frankly, I think it looks a bit silly because there's no animation so the tail doesn't move or anything and it just seems to slide along the water. I think I have video of it from the early days. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:04 am 

It is extremely difficult to see in this video because it's so far out in the water but you can just make it out if you look to the far right almost exactly where the orange becomes black. Switch it to HD 720p and watch fullscreen for the best view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=273HGsYd0hM

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:46 am 

Nexus books in the Watcher's and Guild pubs, please!

Simone - KI#1001138
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:36 am 

I do remember at one time being able to see the boat through the telescope, but it still wasn't clear enough to discern much....it may have been during the beta days though...

And yes, nexus books in the two pubs would be convenient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:00 pm 

Updated.... the fish sounds interesting but I'm not sure if I like it yet so not adding it to the list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:40 pm 

My list includes many that are already up on the master list, so I'll continue:

• GZ coordinates in the Nexus (currently stuck at 00000 000 000)
  • Nexus books in Er'cana, Ahnonay, all other DRC-released Ages
  • GZ coordinates in other Ages, via Maintainers Marks.
  • Sensible instancing rules

GZ coordinates in the Nexus (currently stuck at 00000 000 000) I believe this was working in Until Uru and prior versions, but stopped working as of MOUL. There's no reason for it; if the GZ is turned on and our KI is calibrated, we should be seeing coordinates for all Nexus stations.

Nexus books in Er'cana, Ahnonay, all other DRC-released Ages. The obvious exception would be Eder Delin and Tsogal, which have Neighborhood links, and any other Ages which have an obvious method of leaving. Any place which seems to be isolated to itself should have a Nexus link somewhere. Besides, at the above link we have evidence of the DRC agreeing to place a Nexus (MT = Mass Transit) book in Er'cana eight years ago.

GZ coordinates in other Ages, via Maintainers Marks. We've been hearing about this functionality for years, but have never seen it. Maintainers Marks in Ages were supposed to act as a "pass-through" for the Great Zero's beam, acting as the Great Zero for that Age. While the Nexus again has the space to list coordinates, this has never been turned on to my knowledge. It should be. Calculating coordinates would be an interesting alternate method of solving Minkata, as well.

Sensible instancing rules. There's a big thread on this already. My suggestion is twofold: All books within a neighborhood will link to that 'hood's instance. As it currently exists, I believe this only applies to the Eders (i.e. if I go to the GoG's Eder Tsogal book, it takes me to the GoG's Eder Tsogal). Otherwise I'm pretty sure the Gahreesen, GZ and Ae'gura links all link to the explorer's neighborhood's instance (e.g. from the GoG, I would be taken to the DLF hood's Gahreesen). That's too confusing and doesn't make any sense.

The other half of the suggestions is that any private links within a private Age will continue to point to that owner's private Ages. This is how Ahnonay and Er'cana work: if I link to OHB's Ahnonay Cathedral and use the linking book there, I will link to OHB's Ahnonay without needing him there to share the book. This is not how it works in Eder Gira/Eder Kemo. Unless OHB is there to share the book with me each time, I will link to my own private instance instead. The same goes for Teledahn and Sharper's Office in Ae'gura. This needs to be consistent.

That's all I can think off at the moment, but I'm sure I'll come up with others in due time.

MOULa KI: 00084841 - MOUL KI: 00179642

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:43 pm 

IanWatson wrote:
GZ coordinates in the Nexus (currently stuck at 00000 000 000) I believe this was working in Until Uru and prior versions, but stopped working as of MOUL. There's no reason for it; if the GZ is turned on and our KI is calibrated, we should be seeing coordinates for all Nexus stations..

That's a good one! I was curious about all the zeros

IanWatson wrote:
Nexus books in Er'cana, Ahnonay, all other DRC-released Ages. The obvious exception would be Eder Delin and Tsogal, which have Neighborhood links, and any other Ages which have an obvious method of leaving. Any place which seems to be isolated to itself should have a Nexus link somewhere. Besides, at the above link we have evidence of the DRC agreeing to place a Nexus (MT = Mass Transit) book in Er'cana eight years ago. .

Someone was slacking! :P Yeah, Nexus Books in all DRC approved Ages makes alot of sense. Teledahn, Gira, and Kemo. I'd add if I were being specific (although you did say all DRC approved Ages)

IanWatson wrote:
GZ coordinates in other Ages, via Maintainers Marks. We've been hearing about this functionality for years, but have never seen it. Maintainers Marks in Ages were supposed to act as a "pass-through" for the Great Zero's beam, acting as the Great Zero for that Age. While the Nexus again has the space to list coordinates, this has never been turned on to my knowledge. It should be. Calculating coordinates would be an interesting alternate method of solving Minkata, as well..

I'd never heard of this little trick, sounds like fun!

IanWatson wrote:
Sensible instancing rules. There's a big thread on this already. My suggestion is twofold: All books within a neighborhood will link to that 'hood's instance. As it currently exists, I believe this only applies to the Eders (i.e. if I go to the GoG's Eder Tsogal book, it takes me to the GoG's Eder Tsogal). Otherwise I'm pretty sure the Gahreesen, GZ and Ae'gura links all link to the explorer's neighborhood's instance (e.g. from the GoG, I would be taken to the DLF hood's Gahreesen). That's too confusing and doesn't make any sense.

The other half of the suggestions is that any private links within a private Age will continue to point to that owner's private Ages. This is how Ahnonay and Er'cana work: if I link to OHB's Ahnonay Cathedral and use the linking book there, I will link to OHB's Ahnonay without needing him there to share the book. This is not how it works in Eder Gira/Eder Kemo. Unless OHB is there to share the book with me each time, I will link to my own private instance instead. The same goes for Teledahn and Sharper's Office in Ae'gura. This needs to be consistent.

That's all I can think off at the moment, but I'm sure I'll come up with others in due time.

I've been checking up on that thread there are alot of interesting and useful ideas in there that may finally solve the instancing problem. Hmmm I just realized Teledahn, Eder Gira, and Eder Kemo have no place in the city meaning they would have no real public instance, Maybe they could be put in Kirel (or the original Bevin or Seret) I mean it makes sense to me that two Eders and a Food Age would be placed in a Hood rather than the Library or Museum. (Hmm that means some new stained glass would have to be made... perhaps I should put something up on the Open Source part of the Forum...)

Anyway all your suggestions shall be added to the list... I think my list may need an overhaul soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:30 pm 

Ok moving clothing over to the avatar list, and moving Myst and Myst 5 Ages over to the new MMW4 list Ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:59 am 

updated the list moving #11 into the done pile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:08 pm 

I want the KI updated so that every time you edit a marker it doesn't go back to the top of the list - or a better way of scrolling through all the markers. At the moment I'm trying to edit a game with over 400 markers in it, and it's the ones at the end of the list that need editing - I have to scroll through the whole lot every time - that's a lotta scrolling! I mean, I'd be happy if it just didn't go back to the top of the list every time you changed something.
Oh and the capacity on the KI's - incoming has unlimited, but the rest of the KI has a very limited capacity. You can keep everything in incoming - but that makes finding things a little difficult. I want to be able to file things under the appropriate age and not run out of space.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next