It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

What do you think of this Group/ Storyline?
This is a Great Idea! Sign me up! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
This is a Terrible Idea! 39%  39%  [ 7 ]
It's a good idea, but I don't want to join 22%  22%  [ 4 ]
I like it but (add comment below) 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
I hate it but (add comment below) 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Wait, is that a Squee with something shiny???!!! 22%  22%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:44 pm 

Somewhat I like the idea, but doubt you'll get much support here. Although I'm new here, I have seen people are very peaceful and anti-authoritarian.

What I would advise is making a royalist party. As it is up to us - explorers to find a way, make a home here. Our visions may differ, some want anarchy, absolute freedom and disorder, while others want order, peace, progress and structure. So, if you desire, and find enough people, make a royalist party, wait for a King, or elect one. Or elect a governor who will rule royalists in the time until King is back (/IC all in service to fun and entertainment). It is up to us to decide what will we do in cavern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:26 pm 

Boy I haven't looked at this in a long while... Time to answer some questions! yay!

Firstly thank you Anna Catherine for your contructive criticism I really do appreciate it.

Anna Catherine wrote:

Exactly what lawlessness is there in the Cavern, even IC? Are you going to play out both sides of that? Because it seems like IC, the explorers are a pretty calm bunch who don't really do any harm.

Well there are quite honestly no laws in the Cavern in any way shape or form especially with the ResEngs gone. We may be a calm bunch but no laws = lawlessness. Even if we are as violent as a bunch of kittens.

Anna Catherine wrote:

Your group seems really predicated on what will happen when a king comes, rather than the present moment in Cavern time. Introducing your own king would cause some major canon concerns, and it would be pretty difficult (to put it mildly) to get others on board. Whereas if you're expecting Cyan to do it, there's no way to know if they were even planning to, and even if they did plan to, it would be a long time before Cyan took that active of a role in shaping the story. You could potentially spend a lot of time waiting for something that isn't going to happen.

Well it is suggested that they are planning to have a King appear be he real or fake. And the Myst community is used to waiting for things that may never come.I do agree to the difficulty of getting people on board.

Anna Catherine wrote:

D'ni history had moved to a point where there was no longer a king even before The Fall.

Why would a D'ni king have any authority over us? We're not D'ni, and the D'ni have long moved on. Even if the D'ni would have accepted a king at this point, which I find very doubtful... why would we? .

Well I can only think of two reasons :

1. Those that want to become the new D'ni may find it appropriate
2. They feel that the Cavern was made by D'ni and we are squatters so we should follow or at least listen to him.

Anna Catherine wrote:

I think the main issue, though, is that your group is predicated on a really sweeping plot. The kind of plot that the Cavern is not currently really set up for. It would require a large number of people to accept your premise (that there's a king at all, which also contradicts established lore) and I'm not sure that's a way many people would want to play. I think it's better, for fan plots, to do something on a scale where the only people required to accept your version of what's going on are the people actually interested in playing. I mean, you can say there's a king... but without the consent of the rest of us, what exactly would he rule?.

Nada. although it does not exactly contradict lore it has been hinted that at least two Kings with 'strange' linking ability... and there is always the chance of false kings...

Amittay wrote:

What I would advise is making a royalist party. As it is up to us - explorers to find a way, make a home here. Our visions may differ, some want anarchy, absolute freedom and disorder, while others want order, peace, progress and structure. So, if you desire, and find enough people, make a royalist party, wait for a King, or elect one. Or elect a governor who will rule royalists in the time until King is back (/IC all in service to fun and entertainment). It is up to us to decide what will we do in cavern.

I like that idea! However the idea of having political parties while appealing to me may put off many others.... Maybe someone will run with it...

Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom

member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent

"I invented the term the Bevin Generation do I get a spot in Mystlore?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2