It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:14 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: iRiven
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Now tha manhole is out ( by the way, I'd like help with the spyder eggs in manhole) where's Riven? And also, was the making of myst video in manhole cut down for the iPod version

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:55 pm 

IIRC, the current status of iRiven is in development, out by the end of the summer, huge sucess by Christmas. Riven is such a great game, it should go down a storm with iPod users. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

The video used in Manhole from the "making of Myst" is different there were a few changes, but not many :D

Riven is in progress, as Nye_Sigismund said :)

Post subject: Re: iRiven
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

pokemon71096 wrote:
Now tha manhole is out ( by the way, I'd like help with the spyder eggs in manhole) where's Riven

Riven for the iPhone/iTouch is coming along quite well and is looking like early fall. Riven HD for iPad is planned for sometime after that.

pokemon71096 wrote:
And also, was the making of myst video in manhole cut down for the iPod version

Pretty much. The iPhone/iTouch iOS3 only allows movies to be displayed in full screen which in this case would not work for Manhole. And we didn't want to abandon the first generation iTouches (which is stuck in iOS3 land) since it is more likely a child would get a hand-me-down device. So, it was done using an image flipping technique.

Thanks,
Chogon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chogon wrote:
Riven for the iPhone/iTouch is coming along quite well and is looking like early fall. Riven HD for iPad is planned for sometime after that.

Woot! @ RivenHD! Cyan, you are seriously making my week right now! Keep it up. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

OMG! CHOGON! ( hopefully early fall chogon is more confident than early summer chogon)
Thanks. (and if you find a way, please release an update with the full Myst video.) Are ther any other changes? (my first version of manhole, never played pc/Mac version)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh also an iRiven website soon would be nice.
(And if you don't fulfill my demands, Rand is toast.....LOL. )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:12 pm 

Chogon wrote:

What's the difference going to be between Riven and Riven HD? HD meaning the same quality as the Riven DVD release?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

It means that the images are the size of an iPad screen as opposed to that of an iTouch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

From my understanding and from iMyst/iManhole, the image size and quality on both the iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad releases will be significantly better than the original CD and DVD releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

wait what if you made the whole screen a video? (i.e. instead of inserting a video on the TV, make the room in every frame0 although that might destroy the point and click part.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:33 am 

Chogon wrote:
The iPhone/iTouch iOS3 only allows movies to be displayed in full screen which in this case would not work for Manhole. And we didn't want to abandon the first generation iTouches (which is stuck in iOS3 land) since it is more likely a child would get a hand-me-down device. So, it was done using an image flipping technique.
Thanks,
Chogon

So I am correct in assuming that OS4 allows you to play videos not in full screen, thereby allowing Riven to work on the iphone? Previously you guys stated this was an issue. You also stated that overlapping videos/two videos at a time was impossible. Has this changed in OS4 as well? Just curious about the development of iRiven, and what modifications you are making in order to get it to work.
And one last thing, since you have a iRiven and and HD version in the works, does this mean that all products will run Riven at their native resolution? I.E. the retina display resolution on the iPhone 4? Because I thought the original riven was rendered at 800 * 600 and the iPad's resolution exceeds this. Unless you are using higher resolution renders than the original version...which would be freakin sick!
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

OH wait... chogon worked on the original manhole, didnt he.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

pokemon71096 wrote:
OH wait... chogon worked on the original manhole, didnt he.

Nope, if you're thinking the original black and white 1989 edition. That was solely done by Rand and Robyn Miller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:56 pm 

Wooooot! RivenHD! Oh wait, I would have to buy an iPad first. Never mind.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next