It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler=Not really...]Only in that it enables KI coordinates, and you will then be able to play and to make marker games yourself.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

/DOH i am a goof
/DOH i forgot about the map

... and that tree still looks like a stalagmite to me

i'll get to working on those spoiler tags immediatly; i didn't do the highlight thing last i tried it... no promises, sorry if my responses were overkill; though again if one want's spoiler free responses to an inquiry that would do better without them, then you'd might as well consult atrus or his daughter as their help would be just as vague...

sorry my actions resulted in this thread getting misplaced, though by that time all my ugly spoilers had tainted it to the point of that eventually happening anyway; appologies for intervening; i realize spoilers are a stickler for some...

to me the marker missions are very tangible, as there are a TON of great fun and highly impressive player created marker games out there...

as for bahro sightings, yes; the best we get is to hear them... back durring the days of live they ran rampant in the cavern
apparently, but now that live content has been put to bed no more bahro except for hearing them call out on occasion...

one thing i do not appologize for is being "too" helpful, nor would i be eager to do so if i weren't helpful at all; i would jump to appologize if i was hurtful, but never for trying to be "too" heplful; i am of the opinion no one can ever be "too" helpful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

ok... so, anyone who wishes to can see the results of my experimentation with spoiler tags in one of my posts...
as far as i can tell "[spoiler]" and "[/spoiler]" appeared in TEXT!!! but everything in between wasn't hidden...!!!

... if it suits anyone i can have all my posts in this thread deleted and i'll just steer clear of the spoiler free section for now on?

because i'm not going to continue to put up with this issue nor continue to make it an issue for others...

EDIT!! : /me is a happy camper!! thanks to very generous help from tai'lahr, and all others who offered their assitance, i've finally gotten these blasted spoiler tags to work!! very much appeciated :D :D

.... i will be sure to make the spoiler tag common pratice from now on :D :D

Last edited by Main_Avvie on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:16 pm 

Lyrositor wrote:
I got all the green markers, but now I need red ones? Ugh...
Is there a tangible reward to this at the end?
Yes. You will get a cookie.

J/k. :-)

Now that you've completed your green markers, visit your Nexus and look for a new link to a new area. Then visit that area and try to figure out how completing the red markers will help you ... :D

This game is not only about solving puzzles; it's about exploration! Many puzzle solutions unlock new areas to explore! So put on your curiosity hat and go explore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Lyrositor,

[spoiler]Just to support your specific question, Lyrositor, there is a specific reward. Completing both the Red and Green markers gives access to a new area in the GZ that gives you 14 new Marker Quests (slightly different style) that will give access to the GZ ccordinates (like an URU GPS if you like). They are fun and challenging.[/spoiler]

Have fun, and welcome.

Dadguy

Last edited by dadguy on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:32 am 

What dadguy forgot to mention...

[spoiler=Just a bit more]
Completing the green and red markers allows you to create your own marker missions. Completing the next 14 calibration marker missions activates the coordinate system.
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

What is the use of the coordinate system? Can you see a map, or is it just three numbers?
And does it only work on Ae'gura?

Explorer #16601888
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are mine only and not Guild endorsed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:17 pm 

It is just three numbers and it works on all the places that are in D'ni (Ae'gura, Bevin, Kirel, etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Then is it really useful? Kinda hard to memorize locations with just 3 numbers as a clue...

Explorer #16601888
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are mine only and not Guild endorsed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lyrositor, the KI GPS system was paramount in solving the offline To D'ni expansion, which ended with a definite reward at the end. With the online game there is currently nothing that tangible, but the coordinates have enabled some to make very detailed maps. I would say that being able to make, share and play marker quests is a definite reward.

The 14 marker missions could be looked at as "busy work", but actually can be fun as you try to find all the markers and try to lower your times. Some require "heroic" measures to register the markers. The red and green markers only light up as you get close, and you click inside your KI to register them. The yellow markers in the marker missions (calibration markers) stay visibile but you have to physically pass through them to register them.

Personally, I kept a list of the 14 missions with small notes for each for the general and specific areas the markers were found (Great Stairs, Kahlo Pub, Ferry Terminal, Canyon, Museum, etc.). That makes finding them again more easy.

More practical uses of marker quests have included Minkata guides, identifying hard to get to locations in Ae'gura or in the various ages.

One note, we never have been given free access to the City Proper, only the island called Ae'gura. I'm sure that had been down the line in Cyan's plans.

Have fun!

"Laugh it up, Chuckles" -- Space Ghost to Rand Miller; MOUL KI #38615, Mulligan KI #37069

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:56 pm 

Chuckles58 wrote:
More practical uses of marker quests have included Minkata guides, identifying hard to get to locations in Ae'gura or in the various ages.

I can imagine marker quests as a "tourist paths" with additional info about places markers are located (makrers in marker games can carry user-edited texts)

Hope we'll see such games in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ooh, that's a nice idea. The only issue would be the fact that people would have to have completed red and green so they can even use the mission.

But that would be useful either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:32 am 

You may have completed all the tasks game gives and still not know much about surroundings. That's what might marker games provide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

the red and green missions can be completed from the get go... which is why i'd advise doing them early.
... i've made a bevin tour marker game and i am working on a guide that highlights areas of intrest all throughout the cavern... not just ae'gura but some of the out of the way places as well...
... though it's a tad overwhelming because being so expansive there are a ton of markers involved

i'd advise new explorers to complete the missions asap since i've seen very creative use of marker games by explorers...

[spoiler]in fact, i still maintain that the minkata guide is invaluable!![/spoiler]

come to think of it Lyrositor, if you want you may pm me on the forums and i can send you the information required to send both my bevin and d'ni tour guides as well as the guide mentioned in the spoiler to you in game if you think that might help