It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Did I get that name right?
I am new to MO:ULa, but I have started to get a basic grasp on the layout of the Ages. But one "Age" which still remains a mystery for me is the City, or Ae'gura. It's so BIG! I have no idea where to go... I've found a few linking books, but I have trouble finding them again. So this is my what I ask: can anybody give me tips about moving around in here? And what is there to do? What is the purpose of the (for me at least) enigmatic Great Zero? Is there anything else I should know? :shock:

Moderator Note: Moved to "Spoilers and Hints" - Dadguy

Last edited by Lyrositor on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:25 am 

Around the city, there are a couple of pedestals called "Nexus Terminals." When you first come into the city via the Ferry, you already have a link. Look for terminals similar to the one by the docks. When you do, walk up to them and put your hand in the readout on the left side. You'll have a new link in the city, making it easier to navigate without having to walk across the entire Age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:26 am 
Obduction Backer

i'd love too!! :D

only one problem... this is the spoiler free section and the forum moderators would be very cross with me if i started dropping spoilers in the wrong place... :(

regardless... Welcome to URU!! we're happy you can join us!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:27 am 
Obduction Backer

i hate it how people post while i'm writing mine!! major prob; not their fault, just a rather annoying hapenstance...

... but now that i'm not the First one to drop spoilers i don't see why i shouldn't continue regardless...

right... the nexus terminals; keep in mind it's rather easy to click on the book instead of the ki slot...

[spoiler]there are two main locations you will find books in the city:
the museum houses the books to the four pods
and the library holds the books to jalak and minkata[/spoiler]

"what is there to do" you ask?
the city is mostly URU's central meeting place; not much in the way of puzzles, it's the common hub area for all explorers as i see it, and you will find most people gathered there

... "what is the great zero" you ask?
[spoiler]the great zero is dn'i's version of a GPS
way back when in the good ol days "recallibrating" the gz was a significant step in restoring the city
it's running now, but players can still run the gz marker missions;
in each bevin there is a link to an area of the gz knows as the "attenchamber" there is a nexus ki reader there where you can start on the first of a serries of marker games that are sorta akin to scavenger hunts.
completing these missions will allow you to make and play your own marker games as well as those of others
as you continue your gz marker missions you will eventually gain access to the main gz area itself...[/spoiler]

"anything else i should know" you ask?
... well, that depends on how much you want to have spoiled in the spoiler free section :P
so, i suppose i'll touch ever so gently upon something that might be good to know...?
[spoiler]there are more than just linking books to other ages in the city
the circumstances of their appearance however is rather complex[/spoiler]
.... if you'd like more on this subject, reply to this thread; i'll keep a watch on it incase anyone else doesn't know what i'm getting at...

if you didn't want spoilers i'm afraid i don't quite know how to answer your inquiries without touching on a few..?
if you didn't intend to post this in the spoiler free section then i'm sure the forum mods will move it now that i've tarnished it

... so there ya have it :D ... a load of spoilers in the non spoiler free section :shock: :shock: :shock:

no matter, i'm sure the mods are well on their way to moving this thread to the spoilers, hints, and tips section of the forums already...

Last edited by Main_Avvie on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:48 am 
Obduction Backer

It looks like much of what you asked has been covered, but I'll post anyways!

Yes, it is spelled Ae'gura, which many people have dubbed the city. There are two technical cities: the island of Ae'gura and the cavern walls (usually called City Proper).

You'll figure your way around the island as you run around more and more. You'll be able to get names for places as you get the Nexus links as described above. When you visit the Nexus you'll see the names and you can link to those places to see where they put you. Now, if you got to Ae'gura from Bevin, you ended up in what looked like a tree. This is Takotah which is where many people will hang out and meet. You'll also see that there are no or very little people there, so that is why you use the Nexus (which sends you to a public version rather than a hood version).

You'll usually find stuff to do there as people make activities (you may be able to jump into a game of Sardines or tag or something), and as mentioned above you'll find a few ages to jump into.

The Great Zero missions are something that can keep you busy in Ae'gura. You'll be able to find out more of that in the book in the Great Zero (Antechamber) that you'll find when you start. Eventually you'll be able to get coordinates to where you're standing, however it's hard to see where you are as you're moving because the numbers show up in your KI.

So yeah, just get out there and run around Ae'gura and see what you find! Don't be afraid to ask people there questions either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:58 am 
Obduction Backer

right... as for the city wall, it is presumed that is where the bevins are located
since all the bevins are self contained there is no way to move about the city wall seamlessly nor is there little way of knowing just how big it is (but man are there aLOT of bevins!!) or the layout of each individual bevin on the city wall, its topography, and such...

the "tree" was also mentioned; many people call it a tree but it hardly resembles one to me...
however, tree imagry was big in d'ni and despite resembling more of a stlagmite to me it is quite possible for it to have been associated with a tree...

instancing was also mentioned;
right.. the nexus will take you to the public areas of the city
the book in your relto shelf as well as the linking stone in the bevins will take you to your neighborhood instance of the city
these area's are exclusive to the members of your bevin neighborhood

and about those ki coordinants... those will come after you complete the marker missions required to make and play explorer created marker games; however, the missions required to get the ki coordinants are extensive, and the coordinants have little purpose in game... from a completest standpoint however, the coordinate marker missions are fun and challenging, despite the minimal intrinsic payoff...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Shorah and welcome to Uru, Lyrositor! Just wanted to say, not only did you get the name right, but congratulations on doing so. The spelling of Ae'gura bedeviled me for the longest time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:29 am 
Obduction Backer

hope no one minds me being a bit of a busy body :oops:

... i recently spoke to dadguy, a forum mod, in game about the placement of this thread; and he's moved it to what i hope is the appropriate location on the forums.

again though, even if i just made a fool of myself and this thread was supposed to be in the spoiler free section, try to anticipate whether spoiler or spoiler free responses are better suited to an inquiry; just common practice i presume...
i really don't care much for spoiler free forum sections cause i've noticed they tend to cause this sorta confusion but two each his or her own... i also don't know how much help a spoiler free section can be on a forum; they seem quite limiting to me? anyway...

whether you intended to have spoilers or not, now that this thread has been moved i can touch more clearly on my previous mention...

IF you DID NOT want SPOILERS then DO NOT read any further!! ... i still havn't figured out how to get these spoiler tags to work... :oops:

are you still reading this?? yes? ok.. here goes...

[spoiler]... hidden in various nooks and crannies of the city are the bahro linking stones; there are three, two of them each show up in their respective locations each time, but, only one of them is visible in it's usual spot at a time...
... the other stone can only be found in the hood instance of the city; the areas they link to are rather small, but, two of them hold some pretty interesting finds... the other is rather impressive from a visual stand point/

from what i've gathered the two stones that are only avaliable one at a time come and go each time we hear the *screech* of the unseen bahro in the cavern (even sometimes in the bevins, and elsewhere i'd presume)... though my experimentation on this theroy is sketchy at best, that seems to be the case; it also appears to be that if an explorer is in the vininity of a stone when the bahro call that stone does not come or go... from what i can gather, so long as the location of the other stone is not watched, it will come and go accordingly...?
... the stone in the hood instance of the city seems to stay where it's supposed to be[/spoiler]

Now, this is SPOILER level 2!! the locations of these stones and their contents are....

are you still reading? yes? are you SURE you want to? no? ok... here goes?

[spoiler]... the two stones that switch are a link to the top of the pyramid in Kadish with quite a scenic view; this is located behind the library on the ledge...
... the other stone is located in the tunnle by the docks; this one links to teledahn and has a relto page in it/
... the hood stone is located in the rubble at the end of the toktah ally link in point, and this one leads to the Descent; there you will find another relto page, a journal, and a ki machine to mess around with... this is also the largest of the area's these three stones link to, but travel within the descent is limited i'm afraid...[/spoiler]

there ya have it!! hope i havn't royally goofed and i hope i don't get runnoft the forums for breaching protocal... :oops:

Last edited by Main_Avvie on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
i still havn't figured out how to get these spoiler tags to work...

It's fairly easy actually:
Code:
[spoiler]Hidden anything here[/spoiler]

Resulting in:
[spoiler]Hidden anything here[/spoiler]

If you want to get fancy:
Code:
[spoiler=Ooga Blarg]Booga Olarg[/spoiler]

Which would result in:
[spoiler=Ooga Blarg]Booga Olarg[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:05 am 
Obduction Backer

thanks for the tip though i fear we're just on the verge of careening off topic... :P

... i've tried that (i think); i've tried the spoiler buttons on the forum interface and when it comes to fancy codeing such as that... don't even bother with me as i will not get it :P ... serriously

... i suppose i'll figure it out one of these days

i am very appreciative of the assistance though!! :D :D :D
that was very kind of you!! :D :D :D

you couldn't have explained it much simpler than that (which is good for me, trust me); though as far as i know that appears to be the result of me using the spoiler buttons on the forum interface... regardless, perhaps this isn't the appropriate thread for this, as much as i appreciate it

i either need to find a thread that will explain it to me as easily or start up a thread in regards to this elsewhere/

btw... feel free to get the ball going with that if you perferr, i'd be most eager to contrubite :D :D :D

EDIT!! : thanks to very generous help from tai'lahr, and all other's who offer their assistance, i've finally gotten these blasted spoiler tags to work!! happy day! i can rest easy tonite :D :D

Last edited by Main_Avvie on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:33 am 

Welcome to the Cavern, Lyrositor!

I don't think anyone mentioned there's a map of the City beside a table near a tent. From the Nexus, link to the Ferry Terminal. Then run up all the stairs until you reach the main level of the City; you'll see a huge rock that looks like a tree trunk. Then look for the tent. You can take a picture of the map using your KI.

I hope to see you around soon! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for your help everyone!
To those who wondered, yes, I wanted minimal spoliers. But this is just perfect!
This has really helped me understand more the City Proper. I think I've got everything now...
But... about the Bahro... Where can I find them? Do they just pop up randomly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

/doh How could I forget about the map! I stand on it all the time!

In the current state of the game, you're more likely to hear a Bahro than actually see one. A few months back there was a hacker who came in as a Bahro (you can see a video of it here. Be sure to enlarge the screen because the video size is meant to be viewed in the higher resolutions). There was a time where Bahro would randomly pop up in random places (like the top of the library, or in your relto).

Sadly, you just don't see them much anymore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:44 pm 

Lyrositor, before you solve the ages accessible from your Relto (I'm being vague on purpose to avoid spoilers), I recommend you visit the Great Zero antechamber, read the instruction book for calibrating your KI, and download the first green marker mission. I'm not going to tell you why I made that suggestion because I don't want to spoil anything for you. ;)

Main Avvie, to put spoiler tags around text, simply edit your post, use your mouse to highlight the portion you want to be identified as a spoiler, and click on the rectangular Spoiler button on the top right of the EDIT POST box. I really do encourage you to put spoiler tags on a large portion of your very helpful (too helpful?) explanations. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

I got all the green markers, but now I need red ones? Ugh...
Is there a tangible reward to this at the end?