It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:28 pm 

Refering to posts made in July, see page 13 of 14 : http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=
For the Guilds' Pubs, I have routes for each Pub with access to all rooms on the first floor, you can ask Abjab. I think he owns them too. If not, try Skydiver Anna (# 05125848), she is now my official avvie on MOULa

I have other routes for many ages but not for Kadish. This is the biggest error of Cyan : borking my Kadish Grand Tour quest and borking Annabelle at the same time.

Even if, you didn't see my exploits on MOULa official forum, they are too much for the "official" :lol: , I have done a lot in the official Cavern.

Now that I have shut the door on MOULa and went elsewhere where the grass is greener, a lot of those hard to reach places I went will have to be maintain by others.

There are hope for future : Jacsn, for instance, he is reaching places, I never though they were reachable. He just take every quest I made, Eder Kemo Grand Tour and Teledahn Grand Tour for example, and make them look like childmade's quests. But don't be fool, 95% of explorers won't be able to even get half of my markers.

There was Annabelle, she is gone. Look forward Jacsn now.

I'm going from time to time on MOULa but just to chat a little, if there is someone there to chat with, hahaha, that is not very kind, but it is the harsh reality, new development from me in the near future?, N-O, non, nada, niet, nein. Cyan decided to bork the jewel of my quests, I'm piss and I went elsewhere.

Mod note:
Added url to post.
Amended thread title (to avoid confusion)

Last edited by Annabelle on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:34 pm 

So nice to see Annabelle's name on the forum. So utterly sad to realise I won't be seeing her around the cavern again.

/me is upset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:49 pm 

Hi Dear,

You know, you can still enjoy my "joie-de-vivre" and my kindness elsewhere and it is real easy, I will PM you how to find me again in the Cavern :D . Hoping to see you there soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:27 pm 

What! As I was lurking around the cavern, very slowly getting around the journeys I once met You in old moul and you tried to show me a trick, but as I had no calibrated KI it did not work. I had a dream of once beeing worthy of your company, and now you say your done exploring, the very day I got my first calibrated KI. sniffle.

/Frej

Edit: My post was written while you posted so it became a little weird and the good humouredness of it was was lost, well well
This is a case of mistaken identity but it really doesn't matter does it. So many an anna :)

Last edited by Rudolfson on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:19 pm 

I seem to have missed something.

What?

Post subject: My views about MOULa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:35 am 

@ Rudolfson :

I'm still going in the MOULa Cavern but not for very long time and if nobody chat with me in the 5 or 10 minutes I'm online, it is very likely, I will log out since I don't have anything more to do there.

First, I have lost my principal avvie : I can log with her but nobody that was already online sees her as online, she is a ghost for him or her. If the explorer comes after her, she becomes visible but for eternity. So even if, I log myself out she is still online. I know that, I have 2 pcs and I log frequently 2 avvies at the same time or should I say I used to. :lol: Even after logout her I could she her as online for the duration of my other avvie's online time.

Second, I'm one of the few to master combo jumps there. That was really great at the beginning, being able to go almost everywhere. Combo jump = walk-jump + run-jump done real quick one after the other. Was this everywhere? The answer is N-O. * And to go where I was able to go in MOULa, it could took me up to 10 minutes of hopping and jumping around in mid-air from one collision wall to the other.

What is then "the everywhere" MOULa doesn't permit to access?

Negilahn and Payiferen Pods : those have solid areas around them oh yes

Watcher's Pub : next to the blocked gate upstairs, the "clock" room is solid, the stairs and the walkway to the Great Tree are solid and the Great Tree "shell" area is solid too.

In Kirel with the Guilds shirts' stands : the "egg" room and the classroom are solid, the classroom rooftop is solid, the high balcony too.

In Kirel and in each bevin there is a hiding spot in one of the windows near the fountain, all solid.

In Er'cana, the "normal grounds" are what 35% of the whole "solid" area. With my 4 "Ercana's New Grounds" quests I made back in May and early June, I have extend this "solid" area up to 50%. So why I still say that 50% of the solid areas are not accessible in MOULa, well because I know...where I am I go in 100% of Er'cana solid areas.

I could continue on and on like this until I die.

I'm just the type of girl that hates barricades and barriers. The first thing I do when linking to an age is testing the limits of it, I bump against every possible surfaces and sometimes I go beyond and I'm happy sometimes not. I've heard story like "If Cyan have putted barriers there is for a good reason : they don't want us to go there", oh really? :lol: Don't serve me that, for me barriers are meant to be cross whatever time it tooks. But on the last part, I have some reticence though.

The "whatever time" it can took me. If I see that they have put such high barrier to prevent us of getting to some areas, that piss me off so much. For example, in Er'cana, the right section of the canyon, it is all walkable, but behind a freaky collision wall that goes from the bottom of the canyon up to the top. So, after weeks of tries to break through this "barrier" in MOULa, I see in the "new Cavern" I am now, that this freaky wall is so high, no one in MOULa could ever possibly go there, I'm amazed and angry*.

If you ask me where I am now these days...I won't tell that info in here. Just type an URU common word on Google search engine, you will see one of my numerous posts popping up at top of the list, I'm a celebrity now, my writings are on Google :wink: I'm not kidding, I was laughing so hard when I saw two of my posts being "googleized"

Third : I made numerous marker quests in MOULa and since one of them, my greatest : Kadish Grand Tour is borked since a month now, I just ask myself this question. Why continue to do marker quests in a game that doesn't care about the author of the quests. What do you mean? Well, let's face it. No one in MOULa is owning his or her marker quests he or she made. There are stored in Cyan's server and therefore are their property, so why should I continue to make marker quests if this company will likely be able to disable them like they have done with Kadish Grand Tour made by Annabelle.

Until they enable us the right to save our quests on our pc, I won't make any more quest for their pleasure :evil: .

Yes I sound like an angry* girl and I can tell you, I'm not just sounding like, I am really. And what about fan ages? Do you see trace of them on MOULa, answer is N-O. They are afraid of what? They might think that it will cause instability on their server, but hey!!! your server are already unstable. :twisted:

I just don't hear about CAVCON these days, what about this matter? I can tell you that my buddies list with over 100 names is getting more and more desertic these days (since a month and a half). Every time, I log in there is no more than 15 explorers in the City and the bevins hold what?, between 10 and 15 explorers. I'm not logging once a day but few times actually, I will begin to work in 2 weeks from now, I have plenty of time these days to be online if I want to so this is a good estimation of every day and every hour.

The only time I see people now is when there are Guilds' Fairs and concerts in DMR. The concerts in DMR are on ustream, so I can even avoid to be there if I want to.

If you see my post has being harsh, I won't say the contrary, but it is intend that way, if there is nobody that speaks out loud about MOULa there will be no change at all, the ship is sinking, sinking real bad. I'm not saying that I'm the most famous explorer that MOULa has ever seen, but my contribution to this game is far more than many explorers' contribution and in a short time. I was first online in March 14 of this year. Many people asked me how many years have you been online since my knowledge of the whole universe is so vast and since my ability of getting everywhere is so immense. When somebody like myself decide to go elsewhere, that is not a good sign.

I will be seeing you in the MOULa Cavern from time to time, just keep in mind that my Skydiver Anna and her little twin Skydiver Anna2 are the two most used avvies, the others are more frenchy, I can still chat in english with them though :lol: , but I mainly use them with french buddies but not exclusively, and since there are fewer of them too, it makes it hard to log with those "french" avvies, they have hardly "no buddy" online :wink:

I hope though that MOULa continue and grow but please make it soon, if not the ship will sink so low, there will be no tomorrow for this game, again. I hope my electric shock (this post) will help to wake up few of you in Washington State to make things happens :lol:

Mod note:
* = edit for bad language

Last edited by Annabelle on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: My views about MOULa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Annabelle wrote:
First, I have lost my principal avvie : I can log with her but nobody that was already online sees her as online, she is a ghost for him or her. If the explorer comes after her, she becomes visible but for eternity. So even if, I log myself out she is still online. I know that, I have 2 pcs and I log frequently 2 avvies at the same time or should I say I used to. :lol: Even after logout her I could she her as online for the duration of my other avvie's online time.

Didn't yesterday's server maintenance fix that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:55 pm 

Annabelle,
I have been thinking stuff like this myself. But I hardly have time to be in the cavern. Work and 4 kids.
I do not think you will see my 'Frej' online much. Because of this I cannot back up any statement. It was nice the the server was activated, in the summer of 08 this would have been great, and could have remained like this for a year with the word, we are just having the server online for your pleasure until we can do more stuff, please donate to keep server going while we come up with a plan.
After MORE and OPEN SOURCE news this is not a pleasing scenario with most old players.
This is sad, because there are new fun people I meet everytime I log on, but right now they won't be greeted by a group of skydivers sitting on the railing when they first arrive in the city, like I was. They won't be invited to join a group of merrymakers at the top of the stairs, like I was.
That stuff is what transformed me from a stubborn soloplayer to a somewhat social player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

For MOULa to grow, we need to be on it. Yes, the other side is cooler for a while and has hacks, but if MOULa doesn't grow that side will not grow too much either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:15 am 
Obduction Backer

dragossh wrote:
For MOULa to grow, we need to be on it. Yes, the other side is cooler for a while and has hacks, but if MOULa doesn't grow that side will not grow too much either.

That's not actually true... this "other side" would continue to grow without MOULa growing. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:28 pm 

I'm not sure it would grow. It could be a Pyrrhic victory.

I do not have a ready made view on any of this mind you. I want the game of URU to live, sure. It is just not imperative that is does however. I do respond to the passion of many URUists. I love it. It gives me energy. Makes the whole thing important. I think this is part of what have made Cyan respond as far as they have. Also one can't deny the creator the right to make sure the game works as intended.

It is complicated as it involves so many people, and the vision split between all the people has been kept alive for so long in many creative ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:29 am 

We (in the signature) don't get in much right now... school has started, and dominates time and resources. :(

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

I VISITED AHNONAY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TREE SHIRT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:16 am 
Obduction Backer

Rudolfson wrote:
I'm not sure it would grow. It could be a Pyrrhic victory.

I do not have a ready made view on any of this mind you. I want the game of URU to live, sure. It is just not imperative that is does however. I do respond to the passion of many URUists. I love it. It gives me energy. Makes the whole thing important. I think this is part of what have made Cyan respond as far as they have. Also one can't deny the creator the right to make sure the game works as intended.

It is complicated as it involves so many people, and the vision split between all the people has been kept alive for so long in many creative ways.

I've been to "the other side" (when I'm not constantly crashing out). It has even fewer people, usually chatting in German. This is not a put-down of Germans, mind you, I simply don't speak the language and feel left out.

Actually, I have seen quite a few newcomers in MOULa - many of them post on this forum, looking for help. It's a good sign, but without new content, how long can we keep them - especially with some of the "old-timers" getting fed up?

Let's not look down upon the shards as some kind of threat to MOULa, but rather as a wake-up call.

KI numbers:
TOOO 194360
Magical Mystery TOOO 20693567
Karaoke TOOO 9298427

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:27 am 

TOOO wrote:
Let's not look down upon the shards as some kind of threat to MOULa, but rather as a wake-up call.

It's a wake-up call that's been ringing for a few years, and nobody's picking up :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:57 am 

I'm more and more on Shard right now leaving gradually MOULa. I have posted a message on another topic today stating that for now my 9 avvies are all ghosts.

What is the point of getting back to a game where nobody can even chat with you? I know they can't answer me since they are sending ki-mails stating just that : "Hey Annabelle. Sorry, we can't answer you back as you are showed as being offline right now??!!??!!"

Really nice thanks Cyan. I'm really getting more and more pissed at all this game.

There was a discussion about Skydivers greeting on new comers :

Rudolfson wrote :

Quote:
This is sad, because there are new fun people I meet everytime I log on, but right now they won't be greeted by a group of skydivers sitting on the railing when they first arrive in the city, like I was.

I remember back in April when I decided to join the Skydivers as Skydiver Anna. There were several Skydivers grouping together in the City they were doing crazy stuffs and I was so impress.

I ask a guy named Old Watashi, who is the legendary SkydiverWatashi, to show me how to climb the Tokotah's Tent, then I ask Skydiver Straker to show me how to do the Great Stairs' Lamp Jump. I decided that with my new skills I would be a great Skydiver so I created Skydiver Anna.

I saw, one day, shortly after, Dangerzone and Shellshock doing combo jumps, which were called by that time Shell's jumps by most of explorers. Shellshock told me they were combo jumps, so they were in my head.

I did learn them then my fame came by my mastering of them. I spread my learning to a wide audience but they are too hard for many to master.

For the 3 first weeks, my hands were litterately hurting. I was praticing them for periods of 20 to 30 minutes until I felt extreme pain.

After, you mastered, the pain is not there anymore and it is quite easy and it is not a fast movement like the lamp jump. It is a rather slow movement.

So the level of my self-made and followers' quests became hard for anyone not mastering combos.

There are 2 things that are interrelated here : many skydivers have done many quests in the early days and covered most of the non-combo routes if not all so they went away not fore-seeing new developments for their needs and then I came in the hood and all things went upside-down.

I came with this new combo jumps which were, by the time I mastered them, mastered only by Shellshock (the creator) and JohnB. That is about it. We are still few explorers now mastering them, I would say between 15 and 20, not so much if we consider all the MOULa's explorers.

The new "skydiving" quests are tougher and harder than ever before. We (me and followers) just broke all the precedent limits, but explorers cannot catch up with us and even 95% of older skydivers (skydivers that were in the hood before me) cannot do them either.

I made a lot of quests well-reknown but very few explorers where actually able to do them. For now, I'm not doing any new development. I did just one new quest in September when I fell outside the age in Kadish (which was I was thinking when I was falling back then) and fell on a solid invisible platform under the panic-link zone. :shock: I was so amazed. The underfloor is huge.

The new "skydiving" quests are made by new skydivers and they are tougher than mine. We mastered another jump that Shellshock showed me few months ago. I called it "combo jump" like the other combo jump since it is done the same way but some of us call it "double jump". The main difference between the 2 jumps is where you do it. If you do it against a vertical surface and you climb very high on it, it is the 1st way of doing combos. If you do it to reach a higher point the same way you do a run-jump or a walk-jump, so a one-time deal, you will go farther than a run-jump, meaning you can reach either farther spots or upper spots with them, this is the 2nd way of doing combos or double-jumps.

To conclude and to refer at Rudolfson's post, yes the time that skydivers were all hanging around in group in the city is far gone : 1st, skydivers don't come as often and 2nd, if they come, they just are splitted in 2 different groups : the ones who don't master combos and doubles so they are like every other explorers for us and us, the ones who master combos.

By the way, on the 15 to 20 explorers mastering combos, there is just a few of us that are skydivers.

So we don't sit anymore on the railings in the City as a group, we just go farther in the ages. Even if I invite someone to one of my ages they won't even see me two third of the time since I'm on the invisible side of them.