It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:13 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:44 pm 

It would help if the 'Population' column was moved over more, doesn't anyone else think that it takes more space then needed? At very most it will only need 3 digits, and it certainly won't go beyond the space the entire word 'Population' takes (and Cyan left enough space for the word population to be written again to the right of 'Population'). Then the Public Links list names could at least go a little farther.

~

Cutting the end part off the name for the Nexus display would work well for organization type Neighborhoods, like "Guild of Greeters" and "Uru Obsession" but could be a little funny looking for Bevins from normal people. "Bob's Bevin" or "Bob's Hood" suddenly just becomes "Bob". We can't even edit the names like we could in UU.

Honestly, I don't feel like I know what would be the best choice to do with this all at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:48 am 

So, once this whole thing is cleared up, I can begin the new campaign to change "Hood" to "Neighborhood", right? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:54 am 

Yes, vid :)

Ehren: I can understand why the ability to rename neighborhoods was taken out. Anyone could rename a 'hood if they were a member - so disagreements between members of the same neighborhood could be manifested with the 'hood name being changed repeatedly.

With Open Source Uru, I am hoping for an administration system for neighborhoods that gives control of the name (and perhaps other 'hood features, like clocks, lamp styles, and hanging lanterns) to a designated team. It will need a good designer to come up with something simple and easy though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:20 am 

The obvious solution is that only the avatar that created the 'hood should have the power to edit it.

KI numbers:
TOOO 194360
Magical Mystery TOOO 20693567
Karaoke TOOO 9298427

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:29 pm 

TOOO wrote:
The obvious solution is that only the avatar that created the 'hood should have the power to edit it.

What if that avatar is deleted and there are still members of the neighborhood?

This is a rhetorical question, and not meant to generate a huge discussion of how to fix 'hood renaming (because that's not really on topic). I'm just pointing out that there are few easy answers, and there are often exceptions to handle. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 pm 

Quote:
That was a question in prologue (and probably in UU), but unfortunately I can't remember the answer. It would probably have a negative impact on the vault if it happened (so maybe it couldn't unless the member count was 0).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:15 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Quote:
That was a question in prologue (and probably in UU), but unfortunately I can't remember the answer. It would probably have a negative impact on the vault if it happened (so maybe it couldn't unless the member count was 0).

There was a thing with the Great Zero if I remember right that if the Hood's creator or who ever the first member to get to GZ left the hood the rest of the members lost their link to the GZ or something wonky like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 pm 

allow neighbors to set permissions. the hoods founder can set which neighbors can manipulate certain hood settings. if the neighborhood's founder leaves the hood or if the hood founder's account is registered as inactive for a period of time allow permissions to go to another neighbor by default... say, whoever the earliest remaining neighbor of the hood is... or to a designated neighbor.

there could also be a poll system by which neighbors can open or allow polls to certain neighbors to vote on specified neighborhood settings. perhaps after a poll has tallied it could be sent to a designated neighbor to have the final say and implement or deny the setting change... or make the change automatically based on the results of the poll and set a time during which the setting can remain in effect and what is to happen should such a time expire.

"settings" could be anything from making the hood public or private, joining a new neighbor, providing/declining invites to certain guests, or even what info under what conditions can be displayed on the imagers (point totals, names of point donors, visitor log info, who can post what to the picture/message imager, etc.)

there also needs to be a way to ban and kick neighbors or guests from a hood whether it be set to public or private.

Last edited by Main_Avvie on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:10 pm 

Main_Avvie wrote:
(snip)or if the hood founder's account is registered as inactive for a period of time(snip)

Do they do that?,,,/me runs to checks her 'hood'

Moul(A) Charura KI#00055400 Char Gearz KI#00706359 Cannon Belle KI#13686512 Teri Dactyl KI#12658065 Neana KI#12762144

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8