It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:12 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:15 am 

Thank you very much Dra :D

It took me a whole long day to figure this out. Mouski and Christine were members of the D'ni Musicological Research's Hood and I was sad they forgot to tell me that they had created a new hood without informing me. :lol:

Now I'm member of 9 hoods which is what I always wanted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Ok Annabelle Sybil....(Old Sally Field TV Movie)...sorry

Moul(A) Charura KI#00055400 Char Gearz KI#00706359 Cannon Belle KI#13686512 Teri Dactyl KI#12658065 Neana KI#12762144

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 pm 

dragossh wrote:
Cyan (and thus DRC) implemented the Hood fix a few months ago so yes, it's official. The only problem was that it only had effect for new, non-DRC hoods.

Not sure this was in response to my comment, but not having been in-world for a very long time is why I wasn't aware of this "official" addition to canon.

It appears that the Cyan (DRC) may have made a character continuity error here. Frankly, seeing ghetto-slang used in a translation by a scientific group brings a lot of other judgement calls by the same organization into question. Chalk it up in the "so what else is new" category.

...I seem to recall that It was paraphrased by a fan somewhere in these forums that RAWA once might have said that they didn't have a firm release date -- shortest would be 1 year, longest would be 3,4,8 or 10 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Regnad Kcin01 wrote:
It appears that the Cyan (DRC) may have made a character continuity error here. Frankly, seeing ghetto-slang used in a translation by a scientific group brings a lot of other judgement calls by the same organization into question. Chalk it up in the "so what else is new" category.

The reason is that "Neighborhood" wouldn't fit into all the fields in the UI.

lunanne wrote:
I'm surprised you think that "Neighbourhood" would fit on the nexus screen.

It does for quite a lot of hoods, but it would take some space on the boards and the KI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Speaking as an original member of the One True Bevin, with all due respect to vidkid, the change doesn't exactly make me happy. Thanks, DRC, for kicking me out of my home . . . .

:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

One True Bevin Hood :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

you're not alone zardoz i've heard some displeasure over the name change myself...

although, just because the term "hood" is used as ghetto slang doesn't mean the word "hood" should be soiled as inappropriate. i wouldn't say it's applicable as an inappropriate term here. mostly the term is practical as fitting on the UI easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm not happy about this change ether, It's was horribly rude to switch people's memberships without their permission, and some people's private Bevins were even messed with, it just has become a huge pointless mess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is just a string replace, it doesn't change any memberships. On the server the old hoods still have Bevin in their name. Nothing horrible should happen, unless some parts of the client rely on the display name being Bevin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wait, I’m confused. Dragossh, does the renaming we’re currently seeing on MOULa have anything to do with the client-side translation that you are proposing? It doesn’t look like it to me, but rather like a real server-side renaming, seeing as
  • the DRC neighborhoods are only renamed to “Hood” up to 2874, 2876 and newer are still “Bevin” (2875 wasn’t on the Nexus list when I checked),
  • I also get it when running with local Python that I’m sure didn’t get any updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:45 pm 

dragossh wrote:

I've seen this touted as the reason for the change to Bevin for a long time, but I've never understood it.

"Neighborhood" was the term used in Prologue, and throughout all of Until Uru, and on D'mala. The change to "Bevin" occurred with MOUL on GameTap.

I never saw where Neighborhood "didn't fit" from 2004 to 2007, and I think I would have noticed over the course of the 3 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Marten wrote:
dragossh wrote:

I've seen this touted as the reason for the change to Bevin for a long time, but I've never understood it.

"Neighborhood" was the term used in Prologue, and throughout all of Until Uru, and on D'mala. The change to "Bevin" occurred with MOUL on GameTap.

I never saw where Neighborhood "didn't fit" from 2004 to 2007, and I think I would have noticed over the course of the 3 years.

The nexus used a different, smaller font in UU and older. Don't take this as me supporting "Hood" or "Bevin" because I am a firm believer in "Neighborhood" the proper term (in en_US, which the DRC and Cyan use) for the age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:59 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
The nexus used a different, smaller font in UU and older.

Thanking you for this information. Rather interesting stuff for me. 8)

[edit1]
oops forgot, I am a fan of "Neighborhood".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next