It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:31 am 

Thank you Adam! I am enlightened.

There should be hope yet that someday we can make 'Neighborhood' fit once more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:31 am 

I'ts been a couple years since I've been in the cavern, so someone who's torn this thing apart should correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't this section of the Nexus only contain neighborhood locations? If my memory is correct, why not drop the descriptor entirely from the code, and change the Nexus texture to add "neighborhood" to the label?

The redundancy on the nexus screen always seemed rather pointless to me. Look around your own town. Do the signs designating neighborhoods each and all display the word "neighborhood"?

...I seem to recall that It was paraphrased by a fan somewhere in these forums that RAWA once might have said that they didn't have a firm release date -- shortest would be 1 year, longest would be 3,4,8 or 10 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Christian Walther wrote:
Wait, I’m confused. Dragossh, does the renaming we’re currently seeing on MOULa have anything to do with the client-side translation that you are proposing? It doesn’t look like it to me, but rather like a real server-side renaming, seeing as
  • the DRC neighborhoods are only renamed to “Hood” up to 2874, 2876 and newer are still “Bevin” (2875 wasn’t on the Nexus list when I checked),
  • I also get it when running with local Python that I’m sure didn’t get any updates.

Hmm, I sent the patch a few days ago to Cyan and up until then the Nexus still displayed Bevin. Hmm... in that case, who knows what Cyan did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:18 pm 

Regnad Kcin01 wrote:
The redundancy on the nexus screen always seemed rather pointless to me. Look around your own town. Do the signs designating neighborhoods each and all display the word "neighborhood"?

That's a pretty good point. If the Nexus titles the category as "Neighborhoods", then the entries themselves don't need to say anything but "Guild of Greeters", "The Great Tree", "D'ni Museum of Art", etcetera.

The sign inside the neighborhood could still use the old form (e.g., "Welcome to the The Great Tree's Neighborhood" [sic]) but I haven't heard anyone say that space was a problem in that case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, we could change the code for the Nexus if everybody thinks it's a good idea. It certainly sounds good to me. Unless Public Links was supposed to be used for other Ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

I, for one, could do away with the added 'Hood' or 'Bevin' ....Then the main issue would be solved? Slam dunk! 'Ka-ching' 'Have a nice day' 'See-ya'... :D :) :o :lol: :P :wink:

Moul(A) Charura KI#00055400 Char Gearz KI#00706359 Cannon Belle KI#13686512 Teri Dactyl KI#12658065 Neana KI#12762144

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

/DOH!! why hasn't anyone thought of this before...

*DING!!* LIGHT BULB!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

this way people can refer to them however the heek they want :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

I agree! No more displaying "hoods" under Nexus, it just clutters up the list.
People could come up with much more interesting names that way.

Explorer #16601888
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are mine only and not Guild endorsed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just FYI. Tor'i replied to the ticket and told me the patch has not yet been implemented. So, it seems that something did happen server-side. She also mentioned that more info on how to submit patches will come soon :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

3 cheers for Regnad!!! Hip-Hip-Hooray x 3

Moul(A) Charura KI#00055400 Char Gearz KI#00706359 Cannon Belle KI#13686512 Teri Dactyl KI#12658065 Neana KI#12762144

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Charura wrote:
I, for one, could do away with the added 'Hood' or 'Bevin' ....Then the main issue would be solved? Slam dunk! 'Ka-ching' 'Have a nice day' 'See-ya'... :D :) :o :lol: :P :wink:

Spelled that way, "Hood" usually refers to a head covering, or is short for hoodlum. If it's supposed to be short for "Neighborhood," shouldn't it be spelled "'hood"?

But I do agree with other posters. First of all, it's time to get rid of the Hood or Bevin or whatever nomenclature. Secondly, is it really necessary for a [whatever] to be automatically named for the avatar creating it? It gets annoying having to create a specially named avatar just for that purpose. Is it possible to find a way to choose a name for the [whatever], regardless of the avatar creating it?

KI numbers:
TOOO 194360
Magical Mystery TOOO 20693567
Karaoke TOOO 9298427

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:25 am 

Just naming and even, horrors, 'renaming' the neighborhoods. Like that! I just don't think that would be... well with the accounts beeing free the plug went* on creating new hoods for leisure so why not. A revolution allready consumed.

*In the old days at least two account holders had to agree before a new bevin was named. (if you wanted to join with more that one oddly named explorer eg. Artifartblast) Spending 10$ just to name a bevin in a way only you found pleasure in was a bit steep for most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:09 am 
Obduction Backer

I don't understand $10 for anything. Prologue never came out of beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:22 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
I don't understand $10 for anything. Prologue never came out of beta.

LOL
OK the not so long ago days then. you follow me now <g> Prologue was to PC for me, I never saw it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next