It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

It’s that time of the year again! Ladies and gentlemen, please give it up for ADBMM 2012!

ADBMM 2012 Logo Designed by alswaiter. Background and additional fonts compiled by Trekluver. Myst and Uru Copyright Cyan Worlds.

If you’re unaware of what ADBMM is, I’ve prepared an FAQ that you can find here.

This year I have many things planned, in and out of the cavern. But unlike last year, the activities that are planned to take place during the month of May will be condensed into a one week mega event. The week in question will be Sunday, May 13th through Saturday, May 19th.

Also new this year, we are being sponsored by the Guild of New Greeters! The New Greeters* will be there during most of the planned in-cavern events to help explorers, old and new, have the best time possible.

Also ALSO new this year, we have a very special event planned for Saturday, May the 19th at 2:30 PM EDT/12:30 KI Time. In association with the Falling Man Group, Taniith and I will be hosting the first ever Online Mysterium in Kirel!

Cavern Mysterium 2012 Logo Designed by Ahlisendar. Myst and Uru Copyright Cyan Worlds.

With the Guilds of Uru as our theme, we have special events planned, guest Q&A’s lined up, and slots open for special presentations from explorers like you! Not to mention, an extra special appearance by one of the fathers of the Myst series, Rand Miller!!

-

So here’s the low down with all of this. During this great month of April we will finish planning the events scheduled for May. Again, there are multiple slots open for marker games, Mysterium presentations, and cavern events you’d like to be a part of the week’s roster. If you would like one of said activity/presentation slots to be yours, PM me and we’ll sort out the details.

As with last year’s ADBMM, many of the month’s activities take place outside the cavern. This year, while the cavern events will be condensed into one week, the out of cavern events will carry on through the entire month of May (May 1st through 31st). Also like last year, there are scores involved with each and everything Myst related you do in the month of May. For a complete list of eligible activities and rules of score submission, visit the following link.

I do hope you will join in and be a part. Last year was lots of fun, and this year can only get better!

For the calender of events, please check the next post in this thread or visit the New Greeters Calender.

NOTE: The following positions are currently available for the cavern week of ADBMM 2012: contest judges, chatloggers, and marker game coordinators. PM me if you’re interested.

*While I am a member of the New Greeters, ADBMM is a project of my own that is now running its second year. The other New Greeters have voted to sponsor the event in a majority vote by their own conscience.

More ADBMM project links:

Myst Soundtracks - Where to Buy or Listen
Myst Books - Where to Buy
Myst Games: Where to buy or Download (Legally)
ADBMM Flash Mob
ADBMM Flash Mob: Today
WWAD?
Myst Sketch Comedy Week
Best Online "Myst Essentials" Videos: ADBMM

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Last edited by Trekluver on Tue May 01, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sunday, May 13th

-

Monday, May 14th

-

Tuesday, May 15th

-

Wednesday, May 16th

WWAD? All day - The MOULa forums.
-

Thursday, May 17th

-

Friday, May 18th

Cavern Lore: ADBMM Trivia Night hosted by Ahlisendar 8:00 EDT/18:00 KI Time - Kirel - 4 volunteer judges needed; apply in advance or during the event.

-

Saturday, May 19th

Forum Flash Mob 12:00 NOON EDT - The MOULa Forums.

Cavern Mysterium 2012

Jaruku Bevin Dancers - 2:10 PM EDT/12:10 KI Time - Kirel The USTREAM link to the music will be announced here by Saturday!

Rand Miller Q&A – 2:30 PM EDT/12:30 KI Time - Kirel You can leave questions for them to answer here!
-
59 Volt Entertainment (a.k.a.The Starry Expanse Project) Q&A - 4:00 PM EDT/14:00 KI Time - Kirel. You can leave questions for them to answer here.

Last edited by Trekluver on Fri May 18, 2012 2:20 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Trekluver wrote:
In association with the Falling Man Group, Taniith and I will be hosting the first ever Online Mysterium in Kirel!

Just ducking my head in to confirm that this is in fact an official mini-Mysterium event and that I'll be helping to host the Q&A. See here for details: http://www.mysterium.net/2012/04/adbmm-mini-mysterium/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:53 pm 
When you say that Rand and Robyn are going to attend, d'you mean that they're actually going to be in the Cavern?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

DLordofTime wrote:
When you say that Rand and Robyn are going to attend, d'you mean that they're actually going to be in the Cavern?

If by actually you mean sitting at a computer typing away via an avatar on Uru Live, then yes! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

:D

Membre du quartier Mystpedia - KI 583530
Alts : EG Jan KI 11477254 / Sleeper Jan KI 12562876

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:34 pm 
Of course I mean that! And really? Really really? Like, I'll be able to talk to THE Miller brothers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Of course you'll be able to talk to them. However, there is no guarantee they will be able to stay longer than the Q&A session. (They may stay and chat, but that will be at their descression.)

Although, for the sake of order, you need to leave any questions in the question thread (Link above.).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:48 am 
I think seeing them and saying 'hi' will be enough. Though a talk would be simply amazing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mod note: Discussion split from ADBMM/Cavern Mysterium: Robyn and Rand Miller Q&A Thread in line with the OP's request in that thread.

From another topic: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

JWPlatt wrote:
TOOO wrote:
(You have to admit, it would be interesting if the two [Uru and MagiQuest] were combined....)

I did, prior to the start of development of MagiQuest Online, propose what I believed was seamless way to do exactly that. It was considered "interesting." I also wanted a cone to be placed somewhere inconspicuous. Alas. ;)

Can you shine any light on this?

KI numbers:
TOOO 194360
Magical Mystery TOOO 20693567
Karaoke TOOO 9298427

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Last edited by TOOO on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:58 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

LOL. Seriously? Robyn had nothing to do with it, Rand wouldn't remember or wasn't aware, and the "interesting" quote came from Rick Briggs, then CEO of Creative Kingdoms, and, later, Cyan President Tony Fryman when Rick forwarded it on to him. I'm sure they find a lot of things interesting, but looking back I'm sure it was a lot more fun to think about than implement and it was premature to consider. My proposal/outline was well ahead of any short term concerns we had to actually get done, and was of questionable benefit in hindsight. MOULa didn't exist at the time, which is part of the reason I even proposed it, but now MOULa does exist, so there isn't much point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:41 am 
Obduction Backer

I have good and bad news guys. Bad news is that Robyn Miller has had to cancel his appearance due to various reasons. Robyn gave his apologies to anyone who's disappointed by this.

The good news is that Rand is still scheduled to appear. :D If anything happens in the mean time I will send out an update. Until then, feel free to continue leaving questions for Rand!

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Aw, we'll miss Robyn, that's for sure! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Malfhok wrote:
Aw, we'll miss Robyn, that's for sure! :cry:

Absolutely; but don't fret! He's hard at work on getting The Immortal Augustus Gladstone to market, as are the other guys on the film team. So I suppose we're trading a Q&A for an awesome documentary, which in my book is a SCORE! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:31 pm 
S'long as we still get Rand, I'm happy!