Joined: 08 Aug 2010
Location: Relto, Sea of Mist
Well today (or tomorrow for some; time is relative, you know?), Lyrobot becomes public! He has been alpha- and beta-tested these past few days on his beta server, thanks to Boq, OHB, Deledrius, Branan, angelmyst, Gay Hood, ahlisendar, Red Dwarf, Scarchu_BG, Hyperion: Titan of Light, Mayangeline, Heart, Trekluver, Nuxa, Doobes, Stone, AlexVolt, Annabelle, Jacque and koltch (sorry if I forgot anybody! special thanks to Boq for all his help with the programming). Lyrobot, while by no means perfect right now, is now ready for initial release!
Keep in mind the following things when (if) you meet him:
- The Age Chat will be completely scrapped at some point in the future, as this version is too buggy.
- Lyroscope will not always work because it requires a computer that's constantly full-screened on Uru.
- Lyrobot may often be down, as I do not have the resources to dedicate an entire computer to his program.
- Registration is strictly optional. Consult the help section on the website for information on how to proceed. Lyrobot never does anything without your consent; the only action he makes is buddying you if you talk within his earshot.
- Lyrobot does not know a lot of commands for now, so keep it simple ("hello", "goodbye", "how are you"...), lest ye burn out his microprocessor!
- Lyrobot is slow to control from the web as his operating computer is an antiquity and because information has to travel a long distance over the Internet
- Lyrobot shall stay in The Fun House for the time being, until such as time as Cyan sees fit to let him roam elsewhere - or not.
KI Number: #18327624
EDIT: In answer to concerns expressed below, I wish to make explicitly clear that Lyrobot is in no way affiliated with the Guild of Messengers, although ties with the aforementioned guild and the Guild of New Greeters are planned.
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are mine only and not Guild endorsed.
Last edited by Lyrositor on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total